Suscription troubles

Facotix

Hi!

I started to play this game whitout any suscription, but i liked it and i bought one, anyhow, the problem is that i have an SW Juggernaut lvl 24 and... my armor is lvl 11 and i get killed by mobs sometimes >.<

I'm noob anyhow, but not that much, i must do aaaall quests in the game for the gear?, or....

All this time i was doing the main storyline, they told me that being a suscriber i can do that, but now i have this problem

Anyhow, im sry if i write something wrong, im learning enlgihs, you can reply/answer me in english or spanish, is the same

Thanks and goodbye!!

Hi!

I started to play this game whitout any suscription, but i liked it and i bought one, anyhow, the problem is that i have an SW Juggernaut lvl 24 and... my armor is lvl 11 and i get killed by mobs sometimes >.<

I'm noob anyhow, but not that much, i must do aaaall quests in the game for the gear?, or....

All this time i was doing the main storyline, they told me that being a suscriber i can do that, but now i have this problem

Anyhow, im sry if i write something wrong, im learning enlgihs, you can reply/answer me in english or spanish, is the same

Thanks and goodbye!!

Generally speaking you'll be fine just doing the story missions as a subscriber. However you will need to try and upgrade your gear with mods every other planet or so. I would suggest getting some adaptive gear (if you don't have any already) for both your toon and your companion if possible.

If you are almost done with your current planet, I would hold off until the next to purchase the mods.

What do you mean whit "adaptive gear", and, where do i get the mods?

Adaptive gear, generally orange gear, almost any armor or weapon you may get from the Cartel Market falls under this category. This gear generally comes without stats and allows you to constantly update it as you level through mods. You can also purchase these from the GTN (Galactic Trade Market). The mods you can get from a mod vendor on most (if not all) planets, generally they will be in the town that the spaceport is located in, or from the supplies section of the fleet.

Either custom or Adaptive gear.

On Fleet in the supply section there are a number of vendors - Level x Equipment and x Modifications ( they are approximately 4 levels apart)

The equipment vendors sell orange gear (and some blues but ignore these) for 8 basic commendations each

Later use the modifications vendor and buy , armor, mod, enhancement, <ctrl>-<right click> on an existing piece of armor/weapon/off-hand and drag the new piece over what is there and once all 3 parts are in confirm it.

You can also buy custom or adaptive armor from the Cartel Market or GTN

Also if you are on your first character, it is worth doing the planetary story missions, and on the starter and homeworld the daily heroics, as they reward a few commendations, which will help getting you geared up.

The heroics can be repeated daily.

i would recommend you play your first character without the level exp bonus. That way u learn how to play your job. You don't miss out on the story. And you get a feel for the mechanics in the game. You need to buy new gear via gtn or use mods every 10 levels otherwise ur gonna die a lot. Edited by Ghenghis-Khan

i would recommend you play your first character without the level exp bonus. That way u learn how to play your job. You don't miss out on the story. And you get a feel for the mechanics in the game. You need to buy new gear via gtn or use mods every 10 levels otherwise ur gonna die a lot.

Thanks to everyone, butttt im a suscriber, and i don't want to dissaproach my 10 dollars, so, i'm going to get slowed if i do EVERY mission?

POSD: Thanks for the adaptive gear explication, i didn't know that haha

As a subscriber you should get two boxes in your mailbox with full sets of orange/adaptive armor them. They are called flight suits but are just as good as any other armor (except they are kindof ugly).

If you didn't get them, if you create a new character and transfer the sets you get to your main character through the legacy cargo bay. I am not sure how it works if you subscribe after creating a new character.

They don't come with any mods in them, but you can add mods to them as you get basic comms. Mods cost 2 basic comms each. You will be getting them 12 at a time from some of the class missions.

Also if you want more basic comms quickly, use the priority mission terminal at fleet to get daily quests for flashpoints and the "introduction to group finder" quest. Use group finder to join a group for the flash points. Running those will get you 20-40 basic comms depending on which daily rewards you are eligible for. The flashpoints mostly only take about 30 minutes so it is a quick way to catch up on comms, plus they can be a lot of fun.

Good luck!

As a subscriber you should get two boxes in your mailbox with full sets of orange/adaptive armor them. They are called flight suits but are just as good as any other armor (except they are kindof ugly).

These are the Early Access of Galactic Starfighter Expansion suits, I do not think a new player gets those.

Edited by Icestar

These are the Early Access of Galactic Starfighter Expansion suits, I do not think a new player gets those.

Correct. That was an old reward for an old expansion. If you were there you will continue to get them on all new toons. However, you can still get cheap adaptive gear. I believe there is a vendor in the same area as the mods vendors (outside the kiosks themselves) who has a portable stand and sells cheap gear. I'll look for it next time I'm on and edit if I find it.

However, you can still get cheap adaptive gear. I believe there is a vendor in the same area as the mods vendors (outside the kiosks themselves) who has a portable stand and sells cheap gear. I'll look for it next time I'm on and edit if I find it.
You mean the L7 vendor in the supplies section on Fleet? Custom gear, 8 comms per piece, only works on your specific class. Can't switch to any of your comps. And not adaptive (though that is made moot by it being class-only).

And they are bound on pick up now, no longer legacy bound.
Referring to the GSF adaptive armor, right? The boxes are bind on pickup, but once you open them, the individual pieces are bind to legacy. But they're still ugly ;) Edited by DocDAM

Well, i buy the entire adaptive set in the fleet, the warrior one, but the mods seems like low level, how do i get the really good ones?, im lvl 27 at the moment, and i die trying to do the main storyline, A LOT

I must buy the mods in the fleet?, or... what?

Do you think that will be better make another character or what?, because, i can do nothing, i can't get through the storylie because i die, the mobs kill me

Im a Juggernaut Rage, and i want to become a good DPS, if possible

Its seems to be so complicated and annoying to buy a few new mods every time, i don't know

Anyhow, as you already know, im bad at english now, so, if you don't understand something and you want to help me, notice me, senpai

Goodbye and thanks to all of you again

Referring to the GSF adaptive armor, right? The boxes are bind on pickup, but once you open them, the individual pieces are bind to legacy. But they're still ugly ;)

Really. BW said that they would change that some time ago. I hadn't really looked into it as I don't use them myself.

Correct. That was an old reward for an old expansion. If you were there you will continue to get them on all new toons. However, you can still get cheap adaptive gear. I believe there is a vendor in the same area as the mods vendors (outside the kiosks themselves) who has a portable stand and sells cheap gear. I'll look for it next time I'm on and edit if I find it.

Hmm no, new players yet them actually, and you don't have to be subbed either, I got those gear boxes in my mail when i first started as F2P

And there's a great deal of confusing flooflah here about 'adaptive' armour.

"Orange" armour (the inventory panel icon has an orange frame) is "custom" armour. All custom armour is "moddable", that is, it can had "mods" (modifications) put in it - armorings (give it armour value, contain stats), modules (they're called that in French, not sure about in English, give stats), and enhancements (on all pieces except belt and wrists, give different stats).

What you want is moddable gear. All orange gear is moddable. Most purple gear is moddable. Occasionally you'll get some piece or other of green or blue with a mod slot, and smugglers will receive, somewhere during Corso's companion affection story, a 100% moddable green pistol. I kept it, of course, and replaced a not-from-Corso orange with it.

Adaptive armour, on the other hand, is orange ("custom') armour that adapts itself to be like the heaviest kind of armour you can wear. If your trooper/BH/guardian/jugg wears it, it behaves as if it is Heavy, while a JC/SI will see it as Light, and everyone else will see it as Medium.

Adaptive armour is standard among "needs level 1" gear from the cartel market, but it is by no means whatsoever necessary that your moddable gear be adaptive.

Well, i buy the entire adaptive set in the fleet, the warrior one, but the mods seems like low level, how do i get the really good ones?, im lvl 27 at the moment, and i die trying to do the main storyline, A LOT

Do you think that will be better make another character or what?, because, i can do nothing, i can't get through the storylie because i die, the mobs kill me

Im a Juggernaut Rage, and i want to become a good DPS, if possible

Its seems to be so complicated and annoying to buy a few new mods every time, i don't know

Anyhow, as you already know, im bad at english now, so, if you don't understand something and you want to help me, notice me, senpai

Goodbye and thanks to all of you again

on the fleet where you were there are many vendors offering increasing leveled mods, armourings, enhancements and in the case of Sith Warrior hilts. These cost 2 basic comms each find the modifications vendor closest to level 27 (if there is not a level 27 vendor then you might have to go slightly below as you cannot equip geat thats higher than your level)

Now for a Jugg assuming all of your gear is moddable including your weapon and off hand you will need in your case:

8 x might armourings

9 x might mods

7 x ehancements (with I suggest power)

1 x might hilt

Now these as I say cost 2 x basic comms each so it will cost 50 comms each time you upgrade and 100 if you upgrade your companions armour at the same time (the companions won't use exactly the same as above as they would use a different main stat).

Now with these peices, open your character screen and press control and right click one of your moddable parts this will open a screen in which you can place 1 armour peice, 1 mod peice and 1 enhancement which is as simple as opening your unventory and right clicking the relevent mods bought above and clicking apply (note this will remove these items from your inventory but will now be on your item), after this simply do the same for the rest of your items.

During 12x xp I think its best for a new player to upgrade using this method every 8-10 levels as you get better at the game you might be able to stretch this a little bit though.

I hope that this all makes sense anyway.

The former :)

Just do what Jedi-Riches wrote.

The fleet vendor's carry mods at L13, L17, L21, L25, etc in increments of 4. Your L11's are waaay outdated. Get the L25's. Replace those every 8 levels (12 if you are way over the level of the content and still comfortably progressing). I'd say also gear your companion (the one you are using, no need to gear all of them), the same.

Also, make sure to fill out all your gear slots: earpiece, 2 implants, 2 relics. You can upgrade these at about the same cadence. They aren't readily available from vendors. So buy off GTN. Some can get expensive, so look for deals. You don't need the latest level (like your mods). And don't bother with Purple. The premium is usually huge. Green is adequate.

For relics, you can get them from the LS or DS vendor on fleet (GTN section) if you have sufficient LS or DS alignment. Otherwise GTN. Or take the matrix shards you might have been collecting and make a matrix cube relic (see guides on that or ask).

So everyone gets the subscriber early access pilot suites?

I did not know they handed out early access things to new players.

Yeah, First thing I got in my mail when I made my account less than a month ago. Says in your link:

FREE-TO-PLAY ACCESS

BEGINS: FEBRUARY 4, 2014

Free-to-Play Access Rewards

(February 4, 2014 – Ongoing)

Imperial Battle Ace Pilot Suit

Republic Squadron Commander Pilot Suit

Available to all players with a SWTOR account during this period

Yeah, First thing I got in my mail when I made my account less than a month ago. Says in your link:

FREE-TO-PLAY ACCESS

BEGINS: FEBRUARY 4, 2014

Free-to-Play Access Rewards

(February 4, 2014 – Ongoing)

Imperial Battle Ace Pilot Suit

Republic Squadron Commander Pilot Suit

Available to all players with a SWTOR account during this period

That is nice of them, to give everyone a modded suit from the start. It is very good to know since we now can give all new players the advice to use that suit instead of chasing modded gear on the GTN or vendors.

Cool, I learned something new today :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

That is nice of them, to give everyone a modded suit from the start. It is very good to know since we now can give all new players the advice to use them instead of chasing modded suits on the GTN or vendors.

Yeah it's good I guess. As a new player I've only just started to realize the importance of the adaptable equipment. I always looked at the lack of stats and thought they were a waste of time. (Noob error) :o

Yeah it's good I guess. As a new player I've only just started to realize the importance of the adaptable equipment. I always looked at the lack of stats and thought they were a waste of time. (Noob error) :o

Yes, only use adaptable equipment that you upgrade with mods during leveling. With the X12 experience unmoddable gear will be outdated very fast. You can however look at the "lack of stats" later on when you are level 60 and want to optimize the performance :tran_smile:

The free pilot suit is a good base and the outfit designer completes the look.

Edited by Icestar

Hey, thanks to all of you!! :D

Annd, last question, i have completed the first chapter whit my SW, and i get a "PACK" and whit that i can buy a lightsaber in DK, but, i have a better lightsaber, but i notice that the lightsaber that i can buy in DK is "Legacy" or something like that, what's that?, and what must i do?