Treek

Ghenghis-Khan

Is it worth it to max affection for treek? Do I get a legacy bonus if I do? Does he have affection missions?

Firstly, treek is a she :p

She does have a story where you can increase her affection (if that is what you mean by "affection missions").

There is no legacy bonus for maxxing out Treek with affection or finishing her story.

The advantage both she and HK-51 have over other companions is that they get a +1 crit bonus to ALL crafting skills

No. I used Treek throughout the whole game so all the bonuses that come with a maxed affection level like shorter crafting time didn't matter because either I was offline. In-game by the time I could avail myself of max affection bonuses it was time to move on to a new toon so it didn't matter. The other reason would be story related, maxing out affection gets you a romance, and/or revealing interesting talks and quests. With Treek all you do make small talk on the ship.

No. I used Treek throughout the whole game so all the bonuses that come with a maxed affection level like shorter crafting time didn't matter because either I was offline. In-game by the time I could avail myself of max affection bonuses it was time to move on to a new toon so it didn't matter. The other reason would be story related, maxing out affection gets you a romance, and/or revealing interesting talks and quests. With Treek all you do make small talk on the ship.

This makes no sense at all.

1. Treek does missions faster with max affection

2. Treek has fewer mission failures with max affection.

3. Treek does have a story that "opens up" only as you increase affection (like every other companion there is.) In fact, it's kind of a sad story, imo, and the fact that you don't "get" to romance Treek? You don't romance most of your companions anyway. I guess if you're in to furry animals that's a loss, but Treek's story is as good as Khem Val's, Skadge, or Vincent any day.

4. Not related to affection, but her +1 crit means she's a valuable crafter if you have no other crits available.

5. Not to mention she's versatile as an excellent healer or will kick butt if you ask her to.

No, she does not contribute to your heroic moment or get her pic on the companions page, but if you have a few toons, you ought to have taken care of that issue anyway. She and HK are obviously add-ons after the fact and do not fit into the gestalt of the story as well as the companions that were invented along with the rest of the story lines.

And no, I don't like her voice either, but I usually play with the sound off. There are other people in the house to consider.

Edited by MSchuyler

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm too busy using Treek on all my toons so she's not crafting which is the only reason why I would max her affection level because it provides no benefits. It's not until I quit playing the game or after I beat the class storyline that I truly use her as a crafter and under those conditions shorter crafting time doesn't pop up. It's different with the other npcs. All are there to craft for me only, give me side quests, and make the story interesting so they are the ones to get the gifts. Treek doesn't get taken care off until I take care of them first so the end of the game.