The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone else annoyed at Disney for forgetting about the Clone Wars era

kaczuszka

I've recently realised that everything Disney is doing with Star Wars has something to do with the Original Trilogy the comics, spin off films, Battlefront it's self and ending Clone Wars show to make Rebels. They have totally abandoned the Clone Wars era which is pretty disappointing because there is a lot that the Clone wars era can offer, and that has been proven time and again with comics like Star Wars Republic 55: The Battle of Jabiim, novels that told the story of Omega Squad and even games like Republic Commando.

I have some hope that they have a plan that they establish the Original Trilogy first and what happens inbetween films and than move on to Clone Wars.

Just a factual error: Disney isn't responsible for cancelling Clone Wars, right issues were.

I do agree with you that only focusing on the OT is tiring. The galaxy and the timeline are huge and there are so many characters with stories that deserve to be told more than Leia's girly escapades with a rebel pilot following ANH.

I think they'll return to the Prequels era when they'll start dropping Anthlogy films centered around that time.

What do you mean forgetting? Clone Wars is one of the only things from the pre-Expanded Universe to make the jump to the new continuity.

The lack of comics, novels or content on Clone Wars from Disney bothers me. So far the only thing I've seen about Clone Wars from Disney was Kanan's comic with very little on the Clone Wars era and some characters returning from TCW to Rebels. A lot of Clone Wars era that was canon got thrown into legends. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Edited by kaczuszka

The lack of comics, novels or content on Clone Wars from Disney bothers me. So far the only thing I've seen about Clone Wars from Disney was Kanan's comic with very little on the Clone Wars era and some characters returning from TCW to Rebels. A lot of Clone Wars era that was canon got thrown into legends. Correct me if I'm wrong though

everything from clone wars era that is now "legends" had already been thrown out when the TV show came on the scene. There was already 2 different continuities there well before Disney came on the scene, just now they have a name for it.

Fair enough, though it's also fair to say that the Clone Wars era had been covered pretty extensively for a long time now. Between the comics and TV show, it's probably the most high profile era in the franchise. There's really not that much more ground left to cover. Not bad for a period of just a few years.

With the comics going from Dark Horse to Marvel and the TV show going from CN to Disney, it's somewhat appropriate that the focus of the franchise has moved on to the post-Clone Wars era.

the last time there were a movie on the OT was in 1983 , , , so yeah I can see how that get tiresome, so a 15 year concentration on what happened before the OT makes it real unlogical to progress the story forward . . . Yep, what are they thinking about!?:rolleyes:

My concern, between that and some of the comments about making the films is that Disney is distancing themselves from the prequals and this will lead to them throwing the baby out with the bath water. I mean, as it is this new trilogy focuses on "the first order vs the resistance" we'll have to see how it does but... the big thing about ROTJ was the feeling something was achomplished, something important. something that shook the entire galaxy. they CAN'T give us "more of the same" that'd ruin ROTJ. (and by extension the original trilogy)

I've recently realised that everything Disney is doing with Star Wars has something to do with the Original Trilogy the comics, spin off films, Battlefront it's self and ending Clone Wars show to make Rebels. They have totally abandoned the Clone Wars era which is pretty disappointing because there is a lot that the Clone wars era can offer, and that has been proven time and again with comics like Star Wars Republic 55: The Battle of Jabiim, novels that told the story of Omega Squad and even games like Republic Commando.

I have some hope that they have a plan that they establish the Original Trilogy first and what happens inbetween films and than move on to Clone Wars.

Disney canceled clone wars because it was a venture with Cartoon Network and when they bought Lucas Film wanted the show on the Disney networks. I would assume that cartoon network had some type of clause to being first offered the broadcast rights to that show so that unless they turned it down it couldn't be taken elsewhere. And the success of that show IMO means they didn't have any intention of turning down the continued broadcast of it especially going into new movies and all that hoopla.

So Disney canceled production of it And began work on rebels. And I would assume jumped the time frame up a bit because if they centered it in the exact same time fram between ep2 and ep3 cartoon network could argue same show with a new name blah blah contract blah blah.

I am noticing they starting to incorporate more clone wars elements into rebels. they are obviously going to be touching on the Anikin Ahsoka relationship at some point. But I am kind of with you on that I enjoyed clone wars much more then I have currently enjoyed rebels with the exception of the last few episodes when they finally seemed to adopt some continuation story telling that spans multiple episodes.

But honestly you do have to say that fans might have to accept atleast some of the blame for the lack of clone wars era options. All this is intended to make money, and the fan response anytime the prequel era is mentioned is really not all that kind. So if I was going to invest money I would probably try to attach what I was doing to either the original trilogy like rebels did, or I'm sure we will get more stuff in and around ep 7 after its release. But you can blame the money gods for looking at prequel era investments as more of a risk.