Best sentinel gear?

Evooss

So i just finished belsavis and i am getting some cash from crew skills (around 700k profit in one planet) and i was wondering about the best gear i can get ingame. What are the names and where can i get it and for what currency if not on the GTN?

-Thanks

So i just finished belsavis and i am getting some cash from crew skills (around 700k profit in one planet) and i was wondering about the best gear i can get ingame. What are the names and where can i get it and for what currency if not on the GTN?

-Thanks

The best starter gear you can get is optimized 186 pieces or 192s. 186s will run around 2mil total, wheras 192s would run more like 10-15x that with little difference in performance.

I would recommend going for capping your accuracy with enhancements, get to around 65-70% surge, and the rest into mainstat. Once you do that you should be viable to play as any of the 3 specs at 60.

The best starter gear you can get is optimized 186 pieces or 192s. 186s will run around 2mil total, wheras 192s would run more like 10-15x that with little difference in performance.

I would recommend going for capping your accuracy with enhancements, get to around 65-70% surge, and the rest into mainstat. Once you do that you should be viable to play as any of the 3 specs at 60.

A lot has changed i see... In my era, Power was king. Since i dont understand this era, what stats should a carnage marauder go for after reaching the stats you listed? I heard alacrity actually helps GCD now- so that sounds intersting. Should Power be taken at all? How about crit?

A lot has changed i see... In my era, Power was king. Since i dont understand this era, what stats should a carnage marauder go for after reaching the stats you listed? I heard alacrity actually helps GCD now- so that sounds intersting. Should Power be taken at all? How about crit?

For PvE, go for 100% Accuracy on Carnage/Combat. You may be able to get away with 95% due to our reliance on autocrits, but someone else who actually does Carnage in PvE would be able to answer that better.Hayete for example. He/She has a Guide as a sticky at the top of this forum.

Surge to 75%, Ignore Crit. Alacrity i think the sweet spot is 6-8%, then the rest power. We dont need Crit, even though we get a 30% buff to crits with Massacre at level 57 or 58, our real damage comes from Devastating Blow.

There are two different ways of gearing out both of which are quite viable and differ by less than 200 DPS atleast during my testing, those two builds are Alacrity and Surge/Power. Both of these builds are discussed, in depth, in both my Combat Sentinel and Carnage Marauder guide. You can find a link to these guides in my signature. The Combat Sentinel guide is sticky'd in the forums here, my Carnage Marauder is not but is linked at the very bottom of the Combat Sentinel guide and of course my signature. Check those out and all of your gearing questions should be answered as far as stats, priority, and acceptable stat percentages to aim for. Good luck and enjoy! :D