A couple of (fairly unrelated) things

canasisback

So first off I am fairly new to GSF and while I pick things up fairly quickly, I am struggling with tactics on how to deal with teams of gunships especially during TDM, any help would be great, ty!

Second, I wanted to conduct kind of a informal survey on what people would want out of GSF:

1.what kinds of game modes for both PVP and any potential PVE there might be, like CTF or capital ship destruction, or whatever

2. what components/ ships would you like to see changed (buffs, nerfs, straight changes) please go into detail of why

3. what do you think would be the best thing for GSF QoL whether it be something like cross-server queues, PVE GSF, new game modes, banana boat, or whatever.

4. what do you think the biggest detriment to this game mode is (I know this can be a topic of soreness, but please keep it brief)

TY for your co-operation

So first off I am fairly new to GSF and while I pick things up fairly quickly, I am struggling with tactics on how to deal with teams of gunships especially during TDM, any help would be great, ty!

Second, I wanted to conduct kind of a informal survey on what people would want out of GSF:

1.what kinds of game modes for both PVP and any potential PVE there might be, like CTF or capital ship destruction, or whatever

2. what components/ ships would you like to see changed (buffs, nerfs, straight changes) please go into detail of why

3. what do you think would be the best thing for GSF QoL whether it be something like cross-server queues, PVE GSF, new game modes, banana boat, or whatever.

4. what do you think the biggest detriment to this game mode is (I know this can be a topic of soreness, but please keep it brief)

TY for your co-operation

Answer to number 3... cross server ques.

I never want Cross server for PvE, but PvP it feels so darn needed to keep que times low and play time high.

Generally speaking, there are some ships that are good to counter gunships.

The T2 and T1 Scout can close the gap to a gunship very quick and then defeat it in close combat. Try getting close to a gunship by flying an arc. If theres no other possibility than to fly to a gunship while being in its firing arc then fly as evasive as possible.

The other counter that's effective against gunships is a T1 gunship, because of the ion rail. Important in a gunship versus gunship situation is the first hit. Try to avoid being seen by your target while you charge up your ion rail and try to land the first ion rail fully charged.

Cooldown timing is important when attacking a gunship, it can win or lose the fight.

You can use the builds in the Stasiepedia.

To your four points:

1. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=822468

2/3/4 I lied. I'm too lazy to write stuff for the other points.

Edited by Danalon

Unless you're really good with using obstacles and you have above average situational awareness... don't try a scout. Get a T1 gunship, Wingman as a copilot ability , 2 Barrel Roll upgrades and ion rail . Ion'em to hell, finish with slug - it will be a pretty fair fight (assuming equal skill).

Also, don't expect you will alone turn the tide of the battle, especially if the rest of your team is blindly flying into enemy GS wall.

TY for your co-operation

1) I would like to see an attack/defend scenario (1 point/ not three) with each side rotating. Maybe a capital ship theme.

2) I think the overall balance is good other than some bug fixes and improving some of the non-useful weapon choices. This is in addition to improving the T1 and T2 strikes.

3) Cross-server ques are needed, but the biggest QoL is Bioware actually adding content or even paying attention to GSF. The longer this aspect of the game goes without attention the more the gap increases between new players and vets.

4) See answer three :cool:

I personally find GSF to be the most exciting part of the game currently. The problem is the lack of attention paid to it by Bioware. I currently have 3/4 of a bank tab filled with weekly ship req tokens. This is a lot of weeks at maxed ships with nothing new to spend it on.

Just my 2 creds

Mintas "The Battalion" Friesh