The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which pvp set for PT?

Threezer

It depends what spec your running? are you a tank? Im not home to check but you need check the set bonuses (hover over the pieces and it will tell you the set bonuses at the bottom). Take the set that works for your spec healer/dps or tank. Dont get tank gear if your dps as it will just gimp yourself and your team

(The armour needs to be in your bag and not on your character to trade it in for the dark reaver set which you should try to replace straight away).

Dark reaver is just a quick swap from your lower pvp armour your buying now, all your doing is swapping the armour shells so DO NOT get rid of them as you need the shells in your bag to exchange it.

Once you have done all that and got a dark reaver set (highest pvp set), replace any mods that you think doesnt help you so things like alacrity/accuracy and swop them with power/surge, it is much better. These vendors are in the middle and they sell just the mods. Dont do this until you have the full dark reaver set though

Also for your relics (not at home to check the names sorry) you will want the one that gives you extra power and for the second one the one that gives you more (main stat) aim. Dont buy two of the same relic as they dont proc together so you will gimp yourself.

Hope that helps :-).

Edited by -Healius-

Do I go with the Super Commando gear? It seems to be set for only shieldtech. Is this the gear I would want while running Advanced Prototype?

For pvp sets you want the Combat Tech's set for Advanced Prototype. Once you get your 174 Dark Reaver set you will want to max/min it. I got away from crit because I use Aim augments and put more into power and surge. Others my argue with me but it's how I'm rolling.

Advanced Prototype wants the Combat tech setbonus, since it's the only setbonus that affects abilities in the Adv Prototype tree.

Although you min/max Exhumed gear before going into dark reaver. Min/maxing causes a better performance gain than simply going up a gear tier.

Edited by Zoom_VI