Can you make Companion auto assist someone in group?

habutu

So my wife and i started playing again, and this time shes is really getting really into it, She ha Chosen to be a Sorc, now the issue we are having, im a jug tank, so whenever i pull and start tanking, unless it hits her or she does damage to it (or manually tells him to attack). He will just sit there and do nothing, is there a way to make him assist me when i attack???

So my wife and i started playing again, and this time shes is really getting really into it, She ha Chosen to be a Sorc, now the issue we are having, im a jug tank, so whenever i pull and start tanking, unless it hits her or she does damage to it (or manually tells him to attack). He will just sit there and do nothing, is there a way to make him assist me when i attack???

OK... I totally do not understand the title of the thread in the context of this post. Are you declaring your wife a Companion in game and complaining that she is not pulling her weight? Or did you leave something out.. like what companion you are actually using?

I ask, because if I read the forum title then read you post.. it sounds like you wife is just standing her character next to you while you do all the work. But this is easy to fix.... all you have to do is do anything that will trigger wife agro. :p

I will assume you meant to say that your wifes companion will not join the fight and assist you automatically. All your wife has to do is target your target and use the attack button on her companion. If she is actually enjoying the game, this should be no problem to embrace and apply.

A jug and a Sorc should be able to roll through content without companions really. It's an almost perfect duo for this game IMO. The companions can just roast marshmallows and make S'mores for you both to snack on after a tough battle. :p

Edited by Andryah

If I am understanding correctly, the question is if you can make the companion of Player A assist in attacking / tanking / healing Player B when Player B enters combat. Since, as it currently stands, Player B entering combat doesn't put Player A into combat; thus Player A's companion doesn't enter combat to assist.

I don't know if there is a solution to this at the moment. Not 100% sure how this would be sorted either.

OK... I totally do not understand the title of the thread in the context of this post. Are you declaring your wife a Companion in game and complaining that she is not pulling her weight? Or did you leave something out.. like what companion you are actually using?

I ask, because if I read the forum title then read you post.. it sounds like you wife is just standing her character next to you while you do all the work. But this is easy to fix.... all you have to do is do anything that will trigger wife agro. :p

haha awesome! I play a Jug, shes a sorc, and the reason Khem Val (her companion) doesnt hit a lot is i dont stop between fights, and we do a lot of instances, so yes, a lot of the time shes just healing,

at no point in here did i say i dont think shes doing her job, i was JW if there was an ability like in EQ to set companion to assist the MT. but it looks as if there is not. thanks yall!

haha awesome! I play a Jug, shes a sorc, and the reason Khem Val (her companion) doesnt hit a lot is i dont stop between fights, and we do a lot of instances, so yes, a lot of the time shes just healing,

at no point in here did i say i dont think shes doing her job, i was JW if there was an ability like in EQ to set companion to assist the MT. but it looks as if there is not. thanks yall!

While it might be nice if they coded companions to auto join a group attack, it would probably create more problems then it solves. We continue to have people claim (incorrectly) that their companions are getting them PvP flagged.

So yeah.. your wife must target your target (you can choose to assign a key to do this actually if I recall correctly) then instruct Khem to attack. Two keystrokes per fight... bam issues solved. :)

Even if there's no way to have the system do it automatically, what's wrong with ordering her companion to attack manually? Set it up as a key bind...

I was just checking to see if there was a way to do it :) theres nothing wrong with it, was just checking to see if there was an auto assist command is all.

Thanks everyone for the input!