Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SEND attachment bugged, consumes item instead of placing it in the mail!

BenduKundalini

drag and drop, or another way of dealing with that bug that exists since long before 3.0: closing all the open mail windows before sending something so an alt. then open the mail again and do the sending process. problems only seem to occur when you have another mail window open before sending something to an alt.

drag and drop, or another way of dealing with that bug that exists since long before 3.0: closing all the open mail windows before sending something so an alt. then open the mail again and do the sending process. problems only seem to occur when you have another mail window open before sending something to an alt.

Thanks for the interesting input, unlike the arrogant blabber above. Not sure what you mean, as you can only have one mail window open at once? Or do you mean when you check mails using next/previous buttons this "leaves" them open?

Really can't bother to drag and drop. I have 20 toons and need to send mails with max attachments all the time... now if only there were more bays in legacy bank. But then again, if there were such a bug - ie item is bound to you/consumed instead of being deposited in bank - we'd be back to square one...

Thanks for the interesting input, unlike the arrogant blabber above. Not sure what you mean, as you can only have one mail window open at once? Or do you mean when you check mails using next/previous buttons this "leaves" them open?

Really can't bother to drag and drop. I have 20 toons and need to send mails with max attachments all the time... now if only there were more bays in legacy bank. But then again, if there were such a bug - ie item is bound to you/consumed instead of being deposited in bank - we'd be back to square one...

One way to reproduce the bug is collecting all the attachments of one mail from Alt1 by using the button that brings them into your inventory all by one, then clicking on another mail in the post box from Alt2, then using the answer-function, closing the window of the mail that you answer to have space for opening the inventory as the second window, then right-clicking the stuff you want to send. Most of the time it happens to me with mats which luckily do not bind if that occurs :o. BTW I'm playing whithout the option to have more than 2 windows open at one time (it's called moveable secondary windows or something similar).

With the way to work around i meant to close all the windows after collecting the attachments, then clicking on some mail from an alt you want to sent stuff to, then using the answer function, closing the mail you opened to answer, opening the inventory and right-cllick to move the stuff inside.

I'm pretty sure if you collect the attachments from the same alt that you send the stuff afterwards, it's not necessary to close all the windows. Only if it's another alt. EDIT: Seems to work only one time, when sending two mails in a row that way, the second mail the bug occurs.

What might help you too, if your alts don't have as many special characters in their names as mine do :o don't use the function to answer a mail but just type the name of the alt in the receiver field. If that alt is in the same guild as the char you are sending the post with, or is in your friendlist, it will autocomplete which makes things easier. No need to close all the windows before sending the stuff if you are working that way.

Edited by johnbgood

Use Legacy Storage and save yourself the aggravation of trying to mail stuff.

Duh.

=>

I have 20 toons and need to send mails with max attachments all the time... now if only there were more bays in legacy bank. But then again, if there were such a bug - ie item is bound to you/consumed instead of being deposited in bank - we'd be back to square one...

One way to reproduce the bug is collecting all the attachments of one mail from Alt1 by using the button that brings them into your inventory all by one, then clicking on another mail in the post box from Alt2, then using the answer-function, closing the window of the mail that you answer to have space for opening the inventory as the second window, then right-clicking the stuff you want to send. Most of the time it happens to me with mats which luckily do not bind if that occurs :o. BTW I'm playing whithout the option to have more than 2 windows open at one time (it's called moveable secondary windows or something similar).

With the way to work around i meant to close all the windows after collecting the attachments, then clicking on some mail from an alt you want to sent stuff to, then using the answer function, closing the mail you opened to answer, opening the inventory and right-cllick to move the stuff inside.

I'm pretty sure if you collect the attachments from the same alt that you send the stuff afterwards, it's not necessary to close all the windows. Only if it's another alt. EDIT: Seems to work only one time, when sending two mails in a row that way, the second mail the bug occurs.

What might help you too, if your alts don't have as many special characters in their names as mine do :o don't use the function to answer a mail but just type the name of the alt in the receiver field. If that alt is in the same guild as the char you are sending the post with, or is in your friendlist, it will autocomplete which makes things easier. No need to close all the windows before sending the stuff if you are working that way.

Sorry you lost me there... with the multi mail window thing. Again I ever only have one window active...

No I don't use the reply function, just compose. Thanks anyway...

Sorry you lost me there... with the multi mail window thing. Again I ever only have one window active...

No I don't use the reply function, just compose. Thanks anyway...

Sorry for the confusion. About the multi window thing, just hit the escape button one time or two times or more after collecting the attachments. This closes all the windows that are open. I personally spam the escape button until the "options" window pops up, this way I ensure that everything is closed. After that open the mail window again by clicking on the mailbox and compose your mail. Doing it that way nothing should get bound to your character.

Edited by johnbgood

Sorry for the confusion. About the multi window thing, just hit the escape button one time or two times or more after collecting the attachments. This closes all the windows that are open. I personally spam the escape button until the "options" window pops up, this way I ensure that everything is closed. After that open the mail window again by clicking on the mailbox and compose your mail. Doing it that way nothing should get bound to your character.

Hmm, will try that. thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.