Not Worth The Time?

Wooker

Due to not knowing what role (if any) any current companions will play in the story, I would say it's up to individual preference. If you care about how your character interacts with the companions, I would suggest maxing affection just to be safe.

Seeing how in October all the companions we have now will be different and may not be there at all is it worth getting them to full affection?

We do not even know yet if we have to have them in full affection. It is a bit vague what "previous choices" means if that are things we did during the story or simply bought a entire giftshop to a companion.

I have a actually on purpose maxed out a few and left some unfinished to see if there is a difference.

As far as my personal opinion, its worth maxing affection on my main and doing all the companion convos and quests, just because we don't yet know how significant a role our companions will play, or whether or not we will actually be able to recruit some if not all of them back. I want to be prepared to get the full experience on at least one character's playthrough of the expansion. Depending on what actually comes of it all, I may or may not bother with my alts companions.

We don't know. Personally, I'm assuming that having listened to all the conversations and maxed out affection, it will make it easier and/or guaranteed that a companion will rejoin you should you wish. Whereas low affection, you'll either have to work at it, get refused or even be attacked by your former lackeys.

What about if you start a character at 60? The affection would be 0 to start.
That is correct. It may also be that you will still need to gain the affection, so those who did not start out at 60 will have an upper hand.

Or, the difficulty level that you have "recruiting" your old companions is tied to the affection level they had when you hit 60. As for now, it is all speculation.

That is correct. It may also be that you will still need to gain the affection, so those who did not start out at 60 will have an upper hand.

At the moment we do not know if max affection will give a upper hand, we simply know their story and that they craft better.

How this will affect us in the expansion we actually do not know, it might even not matter at all since we start fresh when we wake up.

Edited by Icestar