Marauder hard stun.

Rechter

I was clarifying that earlier. There is a 1.5 second channel, but it only lasts for the global and is done on the move. So in essence, it is exactly the same as other stuns. I think his confusion came from the fact that there was a mini channel.

The important distinction is that you can interrupt a Force Choke, and if it is interrupted before the full duration completes, the person who is being stunned is let out of the stun. Not only that, but it builds the full amount of resolve that a 4 second stun would, even if it is interrupted.

The idea behind force choke was that, although it was a 4 second channeled ability, it did decent damage, it built free rage, and in the case of Rage spec, it gave smash stacks. It also is just an awesome cool looking iconic star wars ability.

In it's current form, it's basically just an "almost" instant cast hard stun. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, it lasts the length of a GCD. The only disadvantage is if you get stunned, knocked back, or otherwise interrupted while choking. The damage it does is negligible.

The important distinction is that you can interrupt a Force Choke, and if it is interrupted before the full duration completes, the person who is being stunned is let out of the stun. Not only that, but it builds the full amount of resolve that a 4 second stun would, even if it is interrupted.

The idea behind force choke was that, although it was a 4 second channeled ability, it did decent damage, it built free rage, and in the case of Rage spec, it gave smash stacks. It also is just an awesome cool looking iconic star wars ability.

In it's current form, it's basically just an "almost" instant cast hard stun. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, it lasts the length of a GCD. The only disadvantage is if you get stunned, knocked back, or otherwise interrupted while choking. The damage it does is negligible.

WUT????????????????????????????????????????????????????

*read again post*

WUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

How can one be so wrong about one own ability????

Force Choke lasts 4s. No matter what happens to your channel, the stun applies, does damage and build rage for 4s. It never, ever, built stack for Fury (or Rage). NEVER. Even in its previous 3s channel stun. The current channels serves no other purpose than aesthetic. It's there only to make the SW keep the pose for a GCD. Nothing more.

WUT????????????????????????????????????????????????????

*read again post*

WUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

How can one be so wrong about one own ability????

Force Choke lasts 4s. No matter what happens to your channel, the stun applies, does damage and build rage for 4s. It never, ever, built stack for Fury (or Rage). NEVER. Even in its previous 3s channel stun. The current channels serves no other purpose than aesthetic. It's there only to make the SW keep the pose for a GCD. Nothing more.

Force choke does in fact build rage. Also, before 2.0 force choke granted stacks of shockwave for both juggernauts and marauders, but that was changed in 2.0.

Edited by Saikochoro

Force choke does in fact build rage. It builds 3 rage. Also, before 2.0 force choke granted stacks of shockwave, but that was changed in 2.0.

Where did I say it didn't build rage???? I said it didn't grant stacks... Well.. At least since 2.0 :o I admit not having played before RotHC.

Where did I say it didn't build rage???? I said it didn't grant stacks... Well.. At least since 2.0 :o I admit not having played before RotHC.

I misread when you said it didn't build "for rage" which was my mistake. But you can take it that I just confirmed where you said it built rage :D

Yeah the shockwave was changed in 2.0 so that's old history anyway.

The takeaway is that force choke is the "instant" cast hard stun for marauders and juggs.

You should have rolled an assassin. That is much much closer to the play style of a rogue from wow. Marauders are like a watered down, neutered fury warrior right now.

I understand, but I played combat for the past year, since assassin was garbage. I just really love the marauder. I can buff the group with lust or predation. I like the burst of carnage, and furry is fun for different reasons. But in the end while there are appealing aspects of assassins, I am not the most patient person. As is selecting the proper target makes me wait longer than I like to engage in the battle.

I'm sorry but that's bullcrap. As I said the channel is PURELY cosmetic. Interrupting it won't do ****, the stun will still go through. I tried it myself in the beginnig right after 3.0 came out and I've seen countless of other people trying it on me, it doesn't do anything. Unless they secretly patched it like a week ago or something.

Edited by DynamiCtagez