My system Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 5820k @ 3.30 GHz

Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus X99S

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4 2400

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified

Case: Coolermaster HAF X

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo Pro SSD 256GB, Western Digital Black 7200 RPM HDD 2TB

PSU: Corsair AX1200i 80 PLUS Platinum

Display(s): Asus PG278Q @ 2560X1440 144Hz Via Display Port, Asus VG248QE @ 1920x1080 144Hz Via DL-DVI

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core and Logitech G600 MMO Gaming mouse

Sound: STEELSERIES H Wireless

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Note: This is just copy/pasted from a signature that I use on a forum so that's why there is more information that you may need here. Also, SWTOR is installed on the SSD

I haven't been able to find suggestions to increase performance in this game. It's just awful sometimes and other times it's just fine. I had these issues before I upgraded to Windows 10 as well.

Edited by theSCARAYone

You can't. The game engine but importantly the UI is the reason why the game chugs. All you can do is turn off your shadows/AA/etc and lower your settings.

It doesn't help, unfortunately

Some people even get a little bit better FPS when they switching back from low settings to default

Edited by kopijkee

You can't. The game engine but importantly the UI is the reason why the game chugs. All you can do is turn off your shadows/AA/etc and lower your settings.

Pretty much this. You could put in 4 titans and overclock to 5GHz but you are still going to have drops to 5fps in warzones. Turn off the UI and you are going to notice that the game runs kind of smoothly. And Bioware has no plans to optimize the client or engine.

Optimize your Nvidia 3D settings in you Nvidia Control Panel.

Power optimized for Highest Performance (not quality)

Maximum rendered frames = 4 or higher (not auto)

Make sure your Nvidia card is the only one selected in GPUs (if others are applicable)

Optimize for SINGLE DISPLAY PERFORMANCE MODE (even if you run dual monitors)

Triple Buff = ON

Vsync = ON

Also, turning off certain things in Windows, like AeroPeek, will/may help. I also turn off all the transparency junk, and make sure Windows isn't doing anything functional with my desktop background. Disable screen savers, and anything else that Windows might try to do with your monitor/graphics that isn't essential.

I wouldn't turn on VSYNC as the above poster recommended. VSYNC will lock your fps to your monitor's refresh rate and if your FPS falls below that (which it will cause this is swtor lol) then youll get some terrible stuttering. Edit: But you have a ROG SWIFT with GSYNC so you don't have to worry about this.

I have a comparable setup to yours (a little better 5930k, GTX 980 Ti) and I still get crazy fps lag in warzones. Outside of WZs sitting on fleet im at a solid 90-100 fps with settings on max. In warzones with all the abilities goin on I'll dip to 30 fps sometimes 20-25 fps. Then sometimes ill be getting a solid 60 fps in warzones. I don't understand it sometimes. What I do know, is that swtor will run better if you have a stronger CPU. Even though you have a 5820k you can get more performance if you overclock it to say 4.0 ghz+ rather than letting it sit at stock 3.3ghz. My current i7-5930k is at 4.5ghz. My old i7-2600k was oc'd to 4.7ghz and I ran swtor easily with an old GTX 560 Ti on max settings. I've recommended overclocking the cpu to a lot of my friends who were having fps troubles and all of them have reported significant FPS gains (anywhere from 15-30fps) after OC'ing their processor to 4ghz+ .

If you're unfamiliar with CPU overclocking, I would do some research on it first. It's not terribly complicated but you do kind of need to know what you're doing so you dont fry your hardware.

Edit: btw unrelated, gross ROG SWIFT.. lol IPS all the way.

Edited by OMGitsCHARLIE