is carnage viable

Captjohnsavage

for pve is carnage viable at lower levels just wondering because gore is a lvl 41 skill. so what do we substitute in our rotation? im at lvl 27 and been running fury but was thinking of trying other pecs out.

All the specs are viable. Between levels 1-50 there is virtually no difference with regard to damage output as the differences you find between the specs (sustained vs. burst) really only present themselves in long fights (boss fights lasting longer than a minute or so). Things die much to quickly for bleeds, alacrity effects, and cc immunities to really play much of a part.

Obviously, burst favors a shorter time frame than sustained and thus burst attacks (If you have them) are more beneficial against foes that tend to die quickly (levels 1-45 and change).

The viability of all the specs holds true even through end game into the hardest content the game has to offer (HM 60 Operations raiding). I myself play a Carnage Marauder and do end game progression raiding. Marauders face a melee unfriendly environment in end game raids whatever spec they use, but in skilled hands they are all viable.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I dont think there is a single class path that isnt viable leveling to 55 for subscribers.

The companions you get supplement you enough that you dont have to even spend a single utility point or choose your class path.

I know this because i resubbed recently... And previously my level cap was 50. Now all of a sudden its 60. I thought i was already specced in carnage and just leveled to 60... Then someone told me about picking a spec and spending my utility points... It turns out i didnt even pick a spec at all... Because during my era, this wasnt even an option.

(Before we would spend points, and they could go into all 3 trees).

So i imagine having carnage spec is stronger then not having a spec at all.

I dont think there is a single class path that isnt viable leveling to 55 for subscribers.

The companions you get supplement you enough that you dont have to even spend a single utility point or choose your class path.

I know this because i resubbed recently... And previously my level cap was 50. Now all of a sudden its 60. I thought i was already specced in carnage and just leveled to 60... Then someone told me about picking a spec and spending my utility points... It turns out i didnt even pick a spec at all... Because during my era, this wasnt even an option.

(Before we would spend points, and they could go into all 3 trees).

So i imagine having carnage spec is stronger then not having a spec at all.

So even before the level cap was raised, you never had a moment where your points were refunded at login due to a big patch that changed the way certain specs worked? I think 1.2 was the first time this happened....

So even before the level cap was raised, you never had a moment where your points were refunded at login due to a big patch that changed the way certain specs worked? I think 1.2 was the first time this happened....

I dont think anything changed for marauders in 1.2- so i am pretty sure we were one of the classes that didnt get a refund- but even if we did- i respeced quite frequently going from pvp to pve. The difference between now and then, is that we didnt pick a spec. And thats where I was confused upon returning. i couldnt find my skill tree- so i just shrugged it off and continued in my merry way to 60.

I didnt realize until later that I had to pick one of those three specs. I literally thought they were some sort of tutorial explination of the three different playstyles. I wish I could explain my point of view better- just think of it like- I was void of any intellegence, and just keyboard mashed my 50-60 leveling experience

I dont think anything changed for marauders in 1.2- so i am pretty sure we were one of the classes that didnt get a refund- but even if we did- i respeced quite frequently going from pvp to pve. The difference between now and then, is that we didnt pick a spec. And thats where I was confused upon returning. i couldnt find my skill tree- so i just shrugged it off and continued in my merry way to 60.

I didnt realize until later that I had to pick one of those three specs. I literally thought they were some sort of tutorial explination of the three different playstyles. I wish I could explain my point of view better- just think of it like- I was void of any intellegence, and just keyboard mashed my 50-60 leveling experience

Do you have the Tutorials turned off by default? The glowy symbol where the specs are at the top should have been a notification, if not subtle.

1.2 was the Legacy update. Carnage got its first buff there with Aturu Strikes being based off weapon damage. I was Super excited about it as Ahnilation was top dog back then and I could never wrap my head around the rotation.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy