The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Canon Old Republic era

Arma_Dolus

While rewatching SWTCW and the prequel trilogy, I've been wondering if the LSG will ever delve into the Old Republic era of canonized SW. The Old Republic era must have been turbulent and a time of war on a mass scale. I take that from Master Tiin's statement during one episode of TCW " There have not been battles like this since the days of the Old Republic " Also, the Sith apparently ruled the galaxy at one point. I cite Sidious' statement made in ROTS "...and once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy..." The Mandalorians also must have assaulted Coruscant at one point, or at least the Jedi Temple. Pre Vizla said of the Dark saber "This lightsaber was stolen from your Jedi Temple by my ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic." I could go on and on. I ,for one, hope this is fleshed out as the Clone Wars era was after Luke mentioned it to Kenobi during their time at his abode in ANH. Thoughts??? Edited by Arma_Dolus

While rewatching SWTCW and the prequel trilogy, I've been wondering if the LSG will ever delve into the Old Republic era of canonized SW. The Old Republic era must have been turbulent and a time of war on a mass scale. I take that from Master Tiin's statement during one episode of TCW " There have not been battles like this since the days of the Old Republic " Also, the Sith apparently ruled the galaxy at one point. I cite Sidious' statement made in ROTS "...and once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy..." The Mandalorians also must have assaulted Coruscant at one point, or at least the Jedi Temple. Pre Vizla said of the Dark saber "This lightsaber was stolen from your Jedi Temple by my ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic." I could go on and on. I ,for one, hope this is fleshed out as the Clone Wars era was after Luke mentioned it to Kenobi during their time at his abode in ANH. Thoughts???

Shale Vizla or someone else could have easily taken that blade during the Sacking of Coruscant, or some other mandalorian could have done it during an unknown event during the Republic Dark Ages.

''Ruling the Galaxy'' might also have been a hyperbole and by with it could mean the first years of the Treaty of Coruscant in which the Sith Empire was more influential than ever.

It could mean the time during the First Jedi Purge, in which the Republic was a breath away from crumbling and the Jedi were destroyed.

It could mean the time after Darth Ruin and the Republic Darth Ages again in which the Sith basically ruled the galaxy despite not being a unified government.

Edited by Kaedusz

If I remember right, Lucas's vision for the Old Republic era is/was basically what the New Sith Wars are, but for much longer. Sith factions fighting other Sith factions while also competing with the Jedi for control of the galaxy. Incredibly chaotic and tumultuous, with the Sith controlling large portions (if not the majority) of the galaxy, but also so splintered that they weren't really a singular empire.

If I remember right, Lucas's vision for the Old Republic era is/was basically what the New Sith Wars are, but for much longer. Sith factions fighting other Sith factions while also competing with the Jedi for control of the galaxy. Incredibly chaotic and tumultuous, with the Sith controlling large portions (if not the majority) of the galaxy, but also so splintered that they weren't really a singular empire.

And what's your source for that information?