<Chorba Intelligence Academy> [Empire] / <C I A> [Republic] : Get Smart

Flohammad

The Chorba Intelligence Academy is a neutrally-aligned school based on Nar Shaddaa that offers comprehensive courses on information-gathering. Our goal is to prepare you for a career in the Intelligence field, be it for the Empire, the Republic, or anyone else seeking your skillset. Sign up today!

The C.I.A. is a casual roleplay guild based on the Jung Ma server. We accept players with various levels of experience with RP in the hopes to improve and encourage it. We have both Impside and Pubside equivalents which exist as the same entity in RP and encourage our members to level both-faction versions of the same character, but of course do not require it. Feel free to check out our site for more info! Please contact us in-game before filling out your application.

Oh, and as far as what we're about...think Hogwart's for S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. In Space.

In-game contact info:

Impside: Hez, Violet-sky, Skootar

Pubside: Chorba, Crystaall, Skooter

Edited by Flohammad

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The C.I.A. is currently conducting Open Enrollment, a limited-time, limited-admission recruitment initiative. We'll be posting recruitment messages in genchat on various planets, inviting those interested to meet us at a specifed place (likely a cantina) for an RP introduction. For more information, PM me or (more reliably) send me a message via enjin. Looking forward to expanding our fanatical cul—uh, I mean fun community!

The C.I.A. is currently conducting Open Enrollment, a limited-time, limited-admission recruitment initiative. We'll be posting recruitment messages in genchat on various planets, inviting those interested to meet us at a specifed place (likely a cantina) for an RP introduction. For more information, PM me or (more reliably) send me a message via enjin. Looking forward to expanding our fanatical cul—uh, I mean fun community!

Very sneaky you are lol

Thought I would give this guild my favorite award that only two guilds have received thus far: Cheesiest/Ignorant. It's a two fold award so I implore you to read on and discover the merit this guild has!

Cheesiest: I had the privilege to face this guild who at times ran 4 healers (3 sages and one commando) but never less then two (one sage, one commando). In these very warzones, a certain dps (no names because I wouldn't want to call someone out!) feels he is entitled to front his top dps when really, he got the damage he did because of two healers keep his *** alive :D

Fun Fact: The same dps attempted to kill me when I had 5% and ended up running away with 20% health while I miraculously (through stuns etc) healed back to full. Same dps as above. Quality. Real Quality.

Ignorant: Since we're talking about this nameless friend of outs, he also feels like he is like.. so amazing pulling 1.3million damage in a warzone fluffed with two healers on his team, and no healers on the other team. I was impressed too! Oh and my great friend also managed to somehow top the dps boards in the same match yet as mentioned earlier in our fun fact, could not live up to his own merit.

Regardless, I do in fact (no sarcasm here) like CIA. However, if you know you're in the cheesiest of cheese warzone compositions, it would behoove you not to make a mockery of yourself by spouting irrelevant facts like "top dps in match where I had 2 healers with me almost the whole match". GG

--Zeph

Thought I would give this guild my favorite award that only two guilds have received thus far: Cheesiest/Ignorant. It's a two fold award so I implore you to read on and discover the merit this guild has!

Cheesiest: I had the privilege to face this guild who at times ran 4 healers (3 sages and one commando) but never less then two (one sage, one commando). In these very warzones, a certain dps (no names because I wouldn't want to call someone out!) feels he is entitled to front his top dps when really, he got the damage he did because of two healers keep his *** alive :D

Fun Fact: The same dps attempted to kill me when I had 5% and ended up running away with 20% health while I miraculously (through stuns etc) healed back to full. Same dps as above. Quality. Real Quality.

Ignorant: Since we're talking about this nameless friend of outs, he also feels like he is like.. so amazing pulling 1.3million damage in a warzone fluffed with two healers on his team, and no healers on the other team. I was impressed too! Oh and my great friend also managed to somehow top the dps boards in the same match yet as mentioned earlier in our fun fact, could not live up to his own merit.

Regardless, I do in fact (no sarcasm here) like CIA. However, if you know you're in the cheesiest of cheese warzone compositions, it would behoove you not to make a mockery of yourself by spouting irrelevant facts like "top dps in match where I had 2 healers with me almost the whole match". GG

--Zeph

Thanks for the feedback!

The C.I.A. is a casual roleplay guild based on the Jung Ma server.

PvP isn't our specialty, and we as a guild have never claimed it was, especially not in this, our recruitment thread. We PvP sometimes in pursuit of conquest goals and better PvP gear for RP purposes.

I can't speak for nameless individual members of my guild, but personally I don't care enough about PvP to even know what 'cheesy' means, though context tells me it's an insult to our collective skill level, or selection of characters to run warzones on. We make cheesy jokes frequently, if that's what you're implying. The previous sentence is a prime example of one.

We aim to have our members refrain from saying anything at all during warzones aside from objective-based and 'necessary' communication. I do know for a fact that I myself violated this goal recently, when emoting a /pointlaugh and /boohoo at someone who was upset enough to voice his opinion of our PvP skills in say chat after losing a single life in a single warzone in who knows which number in an ongoing series of PvP matches. I didn't think that was you, but if it was, my bad. I did see you for sure on the toon Zeph at one point last night in a huttball match y'all stomped us in, and tried to /bow at you when I recognized the toon name, as I remembered your name from these forums and you seem like an okay dude to me. Ultimately I ended up bowing to one of your teammates instead, as I suck so bad at PvP I can't even click on the right guy to emote at, when I should probably be trying to win.

I'll do my best to make sure my officers and members refrain from any further trash talk in the future. It's not normally in our character. If you're upset with our skill level or warzone composition, well...all I can say is that we're currently recruiting, if you'd care to fill out an application and show us how it's done!

—Hez (AKA Skooter)

Edited by Flohammad

Thanks for the feedback!

PvP isn't our specialty, and we as a guild have never claimed it was, especially not in this, our recruitment thread. We PvP sometimes in pursuit of conquest goals and better PvP gear for RP purposes.

I can't speak for nameless individual members of my guild, but personally I don't care enough about PvP to even know what 'cheesy' means, though context tells me it's an insult to our collective skill level, or selection of characters to run warzones on. We make cheesy jokes frequently, if that's what you're implying. The previous sentence is a prime example of one.

We aim to have our members refrain from saying anything at all during warzones aside from objective-based and 'necessary' communication. I do know for a fact that I myself violated this goal recently, when emoting a /pointlaugh and /boohoo at someone who was upset enough to voice his opinion of our PvP skills in say chat after losing a single life in a single warzone in who knows which number in an ongoing series of PvP matches. I didn't think that was you, but if it was, my bad. I did see you for sure on the toon Zeph at one point last night in a huttball match y'all stomped us in, and tried to /bow at you when I recognized the toon name, as I remembered your name from these forums and you seem like an okay dude to me. Ultimately I ended up bowing to one of your teammates instead, as I suck so bad at PvP I can't even click on the right guy to emote at, when I should probably be trying to win.

I'll do my best to make sure my officers and members refrain from any further trash talk in the future. It's not normally in our character. If you're upset with our skill level or warzone composition, well...all I can say is that we're currently recruiting, if you'd care to fill out an application and show us how it's done!

—Hez (AKA Skooter)

And this is why I respect your guild so much :D

I might join you guys on my scoundrel because <Sanctuary> is dying ):

And this is why I respect your guild so much :D

I might join you guys on my scoundrel because <Sanctuary> is dying ):

The respect is mutual, and appreciated. As for Sanctuary, that's an unfortunate thing to hear. We've always had good interactions with them, be it Nar bar RP or Tese saving my *** in 4v4s. Regardless, if you've got any questions for us, the best means of getting in touch with us outside of game is via enjin.

The respect is mutual, and appreciated. As for Sanctuary, that's an unfortunate thing to hear. We've always had good interactions with them, be it Nar bar RP or Tese saving my *** in 4v4s. Regardless, if you've got any questions for us, the best means of getting in touch with us outside of game is via enjin.

I had no idea Sanctuary was taking some bad hits D; hope it works out.

• 3 weeks later...
The current period of Open Enrollment for the Chorba Intelligence Academy is now closed. While we'll still be accepting new applications and recruits, we will not be actively seeking to expand until further notice. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

• 4 months later...

The Chorba Intelligence Academy no longer exists as an active guild on the Jung Ma server. If you see one of us with the tag (on Pubside: <C I A>) feel free to say hello, but we're no longer actively organizing events and/or interacting with players.

We had a good run, and at least one of us will play on Jung Ma until the day it's dead. Stubbornness? Maybe. Dedication? Nah. Laziness? Yeah...that sounds about right.