Which is the easiest Marauder spec for pve?

Reeny

Hi

Im just pve and wondering which is the easiest marauder spec to use for pve?

Thanks!

Carnage is easiest, Fury has more controllable burst but too many abilities to use, Annihilation has highest dps, but also off-limits for mortals :D

Edited by jauvtus

Here's a list of pro's and con's that i have about each spec

Watchman/Annihilate

+Self/group healing, while minor is better that nothing at all.

+Decent damage reduction, +5% while a target is bleeding.

-Takes some time for your damage to ramp up, seeing how little DPS difference there is between the 3 specs this needs to be adjusted.

-Ability bloat, 4 new skills from spec to use along with others from Base/AC skill set.

Combat/Carnage

+Best damage reduction of the 3 trees, 2% passive with an additional 6% reduction + 6% melee/range defense while fighting thru Ataru procs.

+No ability bloat, 3 replacement skills and 1 new one.

-While faster paced than the other 2 specs, gets kinda boring.

-Precision/Gore is the burst skill. Lasts 3 seconds, but is easily shafted because of moving out of bad, target moving, knock back stun etc. If you can't stay on target and dish out attacks in that 3 sec window, your burst is shafted.

Concentration/Fury

+A majority of its attacks are in the 10m range, making it better for when you are just out of melee range. Target moving, moving out of bad, tab targeting that guy shooting at you.

+ Controlled burst, either ST or AoE. Can even burst both ST and AoE with your choice of a stronger ST or AoE with in a small window, when you can Leap/Charge.

-Worst damage reduction of the 3 specs, 3% passive. While it does have some CC control it is tied to a rotational skill and the control has a longer CD than the skill it self.

-Ability bloat, 4 new skills from the spec to use along with others from Base/AC skill set

Like i said, they are IMO the pro's and con's of each spec. I have screen shots i keep of my bars in each spec, making it easier to re-spec and do keybindings which i suggest you do also if you swap a lot.

Edited by Joefjr

Annihilation/Watchman is really only difficult because its rotation is insanely long. You have to memorize a sequence which literally lasts a minute before it repeats. It's also the easiest rotation to break (and very difficult to get back on track if you do), because its resources are extremely tight. You have no margin for error, or you're stuck using Assault/Strike for three or four GCD's because you resource starved yourself until the CDs of things start to line up again.

Carnage/Combat, despite appearing very easy, is actually more difficult, because your DPS is literal garbage (a tank autoattacking will do more damage than you) if you screw up its priority system during the Gore/Precision window. You have to be constantly thinking four GCD's ahead what you're going to press. Most people can't even handle what's going on in an Operation without having to think, let alone be thinking six seconds ahead at all times.

Fury/Concentration is actually the easiest of the three, because it has neither a priority system nor a long rotation: 12 GCD's and eight abilities is hardly taxing. It's also the hardest to screw up the rotation, and easiest to get back on track, because both of the leaps trigger all the procs in the spec. So you're never more than a GCD or two away from being able to work properly again.

Watchman isn't as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. Even an imperfect rotation will out DPS Combat and Focus.

Combat IS MUCH harder than it looks. Yeah, it basically boils down to spam Blade Rush and nail your Precision windows, but if your APM is bad, your DPS is going to be awful.

Combat IS MUCH harder than it looks. Yeah, it basically boils down to spam Blade Rush and nail your Precision windows, but if your APM is bad, your DPS is going to be awful.

Combat's problem is that it is unfairly punishing against people with either bad reflexes or bad connections (more than one person in my guild are like "I think Sentinel is cool... don't want to play one ever because my reflexes aren't what they were twenty years ago").

The fix would be quite easy, also: Change Precision/Gore to work like Force Potency/Recklessness: two charges, making your next two skills have 100% armor penetration. It would take a little of the skillcap out of the spec, though, since you would lose Master Strike/Ravage clipping or alacrity getting you a 2nd/3rd ability (respectively) in the P/G window. Personally, I'd take that change over the current implementation. I know it's just personal preference, but I hate clipping MS/Rav... the animations are both so cool-looking.

Edited by Diviciacus

Combat's problem is that it is unfairly punishing against people with either bad reflexes or bad connections (more than one person in my guild are like "I think Sentinel is cool... don't want to play one ever because my reflexes aren't what they were twenty years ago").

The fix would be quite easy, also: Change Precision/Gore to work like Force Potency/Recklessness: two charges, making your next two skills have 100% armor penetration. It would take a little of the skillcap out of the spec, though, since you would lose Master Strike/Ravage clipping or alacrity getting you a 2nd/3rd ability (respectively) in the P/G window. Personally, I'd take that change over the current implementation. I know it's just personal preference, but I hate clipping MS/Rav... the animations are both so cool-looking.

Not to mention hitting P/G then not being able to use the window because of moving out of bad, knock backs, target moving. In those 3 secs, you need to be up in that targets taint or you lost a 12sec cd worth of dmg unlike the other 2 Sent/Mara specs that have more time and wont be such a dps loss for them.

I love how well rounded the combat spec is with its passive defensive, but i run Watch/Anni for op's and Concentration/Fury for solo'ing.

Give Precision/Gore either 3 Charges or 2 Charges and buff overall damage for Clashing Blast and Dispatch imo. It needs some kind of love.