SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Round 1B: Aurbere vs ShadowMudkip

Selenial

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my vote on this is very interesting.

I am completely with Aurbere in the respect that Revan can Take Bastilla and Malgus can Take Satele, but I am with Mudkip in the fact that WITH HELP from either Fisto or Koon, bastilla the duo will be ultimately to much for Revan to handle. I also am with Mudkip on the way his team handles HK.

To me this is a really close match, and I would have liked to see things on the enviroment (the enviroment is ALWAYS useful not taking advantage of it to me is a huge missed opportunity on both players parts.. though this is probably me missing something)

Ultimately its going to be Mudkip, simply because If I were to go with how the convinced me, Malgus drops Satele, Bastilla and Fisto Drop Revan, and Koon drops HK, then that leaves it 3v1 even if the 3 are tired and I dont think Malgus can handle that. So based on how I am convinced by the fights I have to give it to mudkip. He just has a numbers advantage, and I give that quite a bit of credit honestly.

Edit: i will say its possible I am underestimating the HK arguments, if so that turns the battle into a 2v2 once the dominos fall still in which case Aurbere would take the win barely, but I didnt find enough on HK to convince me. I think he was the spot that was needed a little bit more, but again this is possibly me missing something.

Edited by tunewalker

Ok my vote on this is very interesting.

I am completely with Aurbere in the respect that Revan can Take Bastilla and Malgus can Take Satele, but I am with Mudkip in the fact that WITH HELP from either Fisto or Koon, bastilla the duo will be ultimately to much for Revan to handle. I also am with Mudkip on the way his team handles HK.

To me this is a really close match, and I would have liked to see things on the enviroment (the enviroment is ALWAYS useful not taking advantage of it to me is a huge missed opportunity on both players parts.. though this is probably me missing something)

Ultimately its going to be Mudkip, simply because If I were to go with how the convinced me, Malgus drops Satele, Bastilla and Fisto Drop Revan, and Koon drops HK, then that leaves it 3v1 even if the 3 are tired and I dont think Malgus can handle that. So based on how I am convinced by the fights I have to give it to mudkip. He just has a numbers advantage, and I give that quite a bit of credit honestly.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a9/a92bca59a2b3e4e33b5c4c7bb26d5cc0ab64f170932835b28c530238daaabe68.jpg

I have to go with Aurbere on this one. The problem here is that mudkip I feel underutilized Plo Koon and Kit Fisto's teamwork. Not only that but the pairings he used against Aurbere's team I think was very bad. Aurbere capitalized on this really well with his arguments. While Jedi might fight efficiently together regardless of past knowledge utilizing Plo Koon and Fisto randomly without properly utilizing their team work just felt very inefficient. They were used in ways that any other Jedi could have been without properly utilizing their strengths. I also felt that Bastila was under utilized as well.

Shadow you did an amazing job in your debate and analysis. The only issue I had was your use of tactics. I feel with better tactics you could have easily taken this but that is where your downfall lies.

My vote goes to Aurbere.

Lightsaber Combat

This category should have been, in my opinion, a dominating victory for Shadow. Aurbere's team are less proficient overall with a blade and could be argued to be nigh worthless with them, but Aurbere played off what little he could and stretched it. Shadow didn't counter this as effectively as he should, so the category swung in Aurbere's favour.

While I'd say the advantage here goes to Shadow, it should have been a bigger one.

Force Abilities

This is exactly like the lightsaber section, there was a clear winner from the start simply based on the teams that were picked. The only difference though is that Aurbere defended this category pretty handily and steered a lot of the debate into this area, giving him a strong advantage. It was always a category Aurbere was going to take, but unfortunately the trade off he should have taken for his superior force abilities weren't even remotely picked upon.

Malgus and Revan are two force Titans, they carry this section pretty easily.

Advantage to Aurbere.

Teamwork & Tactics

Again, a category that's pretty set in stone. The problem again? Shadow didn't push the advantage as much as he should have done. Why did you focus so much on matchups that split two of your Jedi that fought together and know each other? Why wasn't battle meditation pushed harder?

You said you didn't want to use BM as such a trump card, but you should have. It's literally the only reason for picking Bastila, press her strengths more! As much as humanly possible!

Revan and Malgus have no cohesion, but there's some from Revan and HK. Advantage to Shadow based on the fact his team was built to have this, but once again you needed to press this area more.

Handling the Environment

No advantage. You guys did basically nothing on the environment, when this was an easily exploitable one... Disappointing.

Miscellaneous

HK's the only thing I'll put in here, and sufficed to say, well done. I don't think he will take out anyone in this fight, but he'd prove an adequate distraction for Revan and Malgus to decimate whoever tries to face them. A massive disparity between Revan/Malgus and your team means that anyone going to face HK leaves weaker members alone against some of the strongest force users in history. The only result of which being death, in my opinion.

Conclusion & Verdict

Altogether both teams were well crafted and on the whole, debated well. I don't feel either of you have a hole in your team that I would suggest constitutes being removed. Except Malgus, Malgus sucks. I don't have much advice for you Aurbere, but Shadow, I'd suggest you push your own advantages more in your matches instead of letting Aurbere decide where things go. A tad more aggression and this would have been an extremely close match. Well done to both of you, but it is for that reason among others that I declare Team Aurbere the winner, moving on to the Semi-Finals. Good luck, Aurbere.