SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Round 1B: Aurbere vs ShadowMudkip

Selenial

Dammit some one needed to tell me if that was an argument before Shadow said something... note to self ask before posting next time...... I am done in here, since if that was an argument I just blew this whole 1v1 debate and I did not want to do that.

Sorry I was addressing Aubere not you

EDIT: I was going to bring it up anyways before I saw you posted, so don't feel bad.

Edited by ShadowMudkip

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody calm down. Let Sel deal with this issue.

In the meantime, while I wait on her word on something, I'll work on my responses to these arguments.

Also, Mudkip, slow down. Don't blow your wad in the very beginning. You literally have nothing better to bring against me now, nothing that I can't deal with anyway. Pace yourself. I haven't even begun to get into my team.

Plo Koon vs HK-47.

Plo Koon is simply too good to lose to HK. Koon has taken down/matched much better assassins than HK, namely Aurra Sing and Ventress. Not only this, but Plo Koon is considered one of the best jedi in the entire order, and earns even the respect of Maul.

He longed to battle one of the truly great Jedi warriors: Plo Koon, perhaps, or Mace Windu. That would be a true test of his skill.

—Star Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Plo Koon is stated to be a challenge for any Jedi:

With advanced telekinesis abilities and a mastery of the powerful Djem So Lightsaber form, Jedi Master Plo Koon would prove a challenge for any Jedi.

—Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Adventures

Koon is incredibly proficient with the force, he can force push someone without even facing them, he is incredibly fast, and he can even use force healing. Add to this the fact that he has a protective breathing mask, and incredibly strong Kel Dor skin, and any gas attacks from HK are nullified.

Grenades and Mines are sloppy, and can result in the injury of an ally, or even oneself. A thrown grenade can very easily be pushed back, and any amount of time that HK uses to go and plant some is time that my team holds the advantage against Revan and Malgus in a 4v2. HK does not have the luxury of being able to pop in and out of stealth undetected. Remember, this is a desert. HK will kick up dirt or leave footprints where ever he steps. This simple indicator effectively nullifies HK's stealth. Then, in a straight up fight, HK will lose. He cannot fight against someone so fast and powerful as Plo Koon.

Everybody calm down. Let Sel deal with this issue.

In the meantime, while I wait on her word on something, I'll work on my responses to these arguments.

Also, Mudkip, slow down. Don't blow your wad in the very beginning. You literally have nothing better to bring against me now, nothing that I can't deal with anyway. Pace yourself. I haven't even begun to get into my team.

Sorry, I have family in town, so I don't know if I can keep a consistent pace of back and forth. This was all my initial argument that I just broke down into pieces.

Sorry, I have family in town, so I don't know if I can keep a consistent pace of back and forth. This was all my initial argument that I just broke down into pieces.

That was just one argument? Jeez...

Well, I got plenty of time then, right?

That innuendo, tho.

Now settle down. Bombarding your opponent with arguments does not make them anymore valid. It only makes me more miffed at the points being thrown out. :jawa_mad:

Keep them coming, he is Miffed, an emotionally unbalanced opponent can not argue to the best of his abilities :p

Christ, I leave for an hour and a half to watch Gone Girl and you *********** blow up big time :jawa_mad:

No, Aurbere, you don't get every weapon HK has ever used. That makes no sense. Ventress used two metal pipes against Skywalker that one time, doesn't mean she has them in this tournament.

The items HK describes were obviously not used at the same time, his dialogue insinuates it was a "A is good, or B would do the trick, sometimes I'll go for C and if I'm feeling especially douchey I'll take option D" kind of array of weapons.

Since apparently prep isn't allowed in the rules, I'll agree with Beni and suggest anything he had in the Foundry or on Malgus' Station or in the Temple of Sacrifice can become his standard armament. They are different iterations, so it's one of the three, not all.

Christ, I leave for an hour and a half to watch Gone Girl and you *********** blow up big time :jawa_mad:

No, Aurbere, you don't get every weapon HK has ever used. That makes no sense. Ventress used two metal pipes against Skywalker that one time, doesn't mean she has them in this tournament.

The items HK describes were obviously not used at the same time, his dialogue insinuates it was a "A is good, or B would do the trick, sometimes I'll go for C and if I'm feeling especially douchey I'll take option D" kind of array of weapons.

Since apparently prep isn't allowed in the rules, I'll agree with Beni and suggest anything he had in the Foundry or on Malgus' Station or in the Temple of Sacrifice can become his standard armament. They are different iterations, so it's one of the three, not all.

Fair enough. So I'm assuming TOS HK then?

Fair enough. So I'm assuming TOS HK then?

Whichever you want, I don't believe an era has been specified. That would be my suggestion though.

I'll add it to the OP when I get confirmation.

Oh, and if you ******es interrupt this film with a fight again (47 minutes left) I'll end you all. :jawa_evil:

Whichever you want, I don't believe an era has been specified. That would be my suggestion though.

I'll add it to the OP when I get confirmation.

Oh, and if you ******es interrupt this film with a fight again (47 minutes left) I'll end you all. :jawa_evil:

The TOS arguments I could make tho...

Go for it. :jawa_evil:

Alright Aubere, your time is up.

Alternate Scenario: Koon vs Malgus/ Satele vs HK-47

This came to mind as an alternate scenario that could occur, if Satele decided she could not take on Maglus. In this matchup. Plo Koon is more than skilled enough to take on Malgus. Maul considered him a challenge on par with Windu, and he was regarded as one of the most dangerous of the order, and a challenge for any jedi.

Darth Maul, one of the deadliest Sith Lords in history, considers Plo Koon to be among the truly great Jedi Warriors and considers a battle with him or Mace Windu to be a true test of his skill:

He longed to battle one of the truly great Jedi warriors: Plo Koon, perhaps, or Mace Windu. That would be a true test of his skill.

With advanced telekinesis abilities and a mastery of the powerful Djem So Lightsaber form, Jedi Master Plo Koon would prove a challenge for any Jedi.

Thus, it comes down to who is the greater practitioner of Djem So. In my opinion, it is Koon. Not only does he have exceptional endurance, but Koon is also impressively fast. He can outmaneuver Malgus, and finish him off with his superior skills. Throw in his knowledge and application of Ataru, and he can, at minimum, stalemate Malgus.

Satele vs HK

Satele has a great deal of experience with deadly droids, she was seen single handedly wiping out hex droids, some extremely deadly droids, with a mere gesture. Along with her blinding speed and strong force application, Satele could win this fight before the others are through, and go and assist one of the others.

Her mere gestures crush/blow apart Hex Droids, and her mere looks freeze them in place:

The Grand Master possessed prodigious Force powers. A gesture crushed hexes into balls or blew them apart from the inside. A look stilled them in mid-lunge while Ax rushed in to finish them off.

OK, I’m pretty miffed over these arguments being made, so I’m going to quash them here and now.

I don't recall saying Bastila is better than Revan, just that she can hold her own. Big difference. Kit Fisto is much, much better than you are giving him credit for. He and Bastila can and will defeat Revan.

Except she evidently can’t. She held her own against Revan on a massive dark side nexus after Revan cut through an army of ‘master duelists’. Bastila would have had a significant advantage against Revan, yet the best she could do is ‘hold her own’. How is she supposed to do that without a nexus against a far more powerful incarnation of the character that isn’t debilitated by a nexus and hasn’t just fought an army of Dark Jedi? You have not proved this in the slightest.

The amount of speculation you are using as fact is completely horrible. Yes I read your thread about your theories. However, they are nothing but speculation, and to try and use them here is foolish. Do you have proof that he was weakened? Or that his split caused him to lose power? the way I interpreted it, Revan saw his light side self as a weakness, and thus purged himself of it. If that is so, how can he use the lightside? Don't take game mechanics and make them canon, or use them to enforce a theory.

I provided the necessary proof in the thread. It is a fact that Revan was not whole in SOR. Many characters make this very clear. Again, I provided such proof in the thread.

And, again, it was not a spiritual split. The spirit uses the Force as well, and provides the protag in the battle with the energy to counter Revan’s attack, the energy being light and dark. And Revan contains the Coalition in fields of light and dark side energy. Dismissing this is baseless. These are scripted game mechanics and are not there for the purposes of gameplay.

Regardless, you failed to counter my claim against your nexus argument, so I’ll accept your concession on that. Revan can and will throw around Bastila and Kit with the Force with relative ease, considering they are less powerful than the Coalition’s members.

IIRC, Bastila did basically the same thing to Revan

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...0190-Krp9Q.gif

Neat. And it’s a feat she evidently couldn’t do against Revan alone on the Star Forge. Either Revan became more powerful between the two missions, or Revan wasn’t fighting all out so that he wouldn’t hurt Bastila. Which do you think is most likely?

Either way, Bastila at her strongest was incapable of telekinetically attacking Revan. The reverse is not true, since Revan has telekinetically attacked her more powerful descendant with ease.

First, I will concede one thing, Kit Fisto's force applications are slim. There are not a lot of force feats for Fisto, but his lightsaber feats more than make up for it. Revan's powers intensified how? What a vague term, for all we know, he could only be marginally stronger than before. If Revan has something, its a bit of a god complex and ego issue. Anyone could say "Well I grew more powerful." Is Revan more powerful? Yes, is he leaps and bounds ahead of where he was @ the foundry? No. Remember, the Foundry incident was far BEFORE the prime of the four PC characters.

It means Revan is more powerful, and utterly disproves your claim that the two are comparable, that’s what ‘intensified’ means. Also, your reason to doubt the claim is pretty meh. Sounds like reaching to me.

Kit Fisto’s lightsaber skill is great and all, but it doesn’t change that he is still utterly outclassed in the Force. It doesn’t save him from Revan’s powers at all.

And you’re right, the Foundry was before the party reached its prime, but that party would definitely be more than a match for Kit Fisto. Wrath himself is comparable to Kit Fisto (being an army buster and all). Add in the immortal Nox and the best non-Force sensitive fighters the Empire has to offer and it’s pretty obvious that it doesn’t matter if the party wasn’t in its prime yet. Not to mention that the team barely defeated Revan:

"You barely managed to drive me away last time. What makes you think you can survive against me?"
―Revan (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

Except she wasn't outclassed, she fought him on equal footing until her lightsaber was destroyed. Also, that environment was not perfect for Ataru. There were to many obstacles that were too close together. Such an environment usually impedes movement, which is what happened. Please, continue to tell me to "not press an issue", its amusing that you are trying to lock me out of arguments with verbal warnings.

Sorry, but I trust the words and experiences of the character rather than your speculation, wherein she says that her life was forfeit to him without Jace Malcom. But if you want, I’ll show you how wrong you are.

First thing that happens is Satele is put immediately on the defensive, barely able to hold Malgus back. She’s even nearly overpowered and has to bring down a tree to create separation. And yet, she has to rely on evasion in order to attack Malgus. Despite that, she gains no advantage and is eventually disarmed. Satele didn’t hold her own, her evasion delayed the inevitable. That’s it.

And I don’t know if you were paying attention well enough, but that was a pretty open space. Ataru users don’t need flat, clear terrain in order to fight. True Ataru users don’t. You diminish Satele’s abilities by suggesting she couldn’t have overcome this supposed disadvantage you have fabricated. And I’m OK with that. Also, you admit that Satele lost the lightsaber duel, right? And that she would have died there if not for Malcom? Because she would have, as I aptly proved.

And those verbal warnings are merely friendly advice. Don’t push these points; they are doing you no good.

He was trained in Ataru, "mastered" was a mistake on my part.

Again, quote me. I would have put it in my thread if it were real.

Yea, because all those wonderful weapons worked so well for him twice.... Also, grenades, mines, and missiles are all weapons that should not be used, lest they hit a teammate. Gas? Plo Koons breathing mask should keep him safe, and his Kel Dor skin is extremely durable. Again, hurting teammates.

What if Plo Koon instead fights someone else, and leaves HK alone? This puts HK's teammates into an even greater avenue of risk, given the closer proximity.

Will address this elsewhere now that HK’s tools have been cleared up.

First off, Kit Fisto was one of the greatest swordsmen of the entire PT era.

Neat. I don’t doubt this at all. But did you know that Revan was not just one of the greatest warriors of his era, but actually the greatest? And the era he was the best in was actually the prime of the Jedi? No? Here:

"...the greatest single warrior the Republic has ever known."
―Canderous Ordo (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

"You, Revan, are the single greatest warrior of this age, and any battle we fight will bring me honor."
―Canderous Ordo (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111140132/3969946-1972971694-yay10.jpg

I mean, Kit’s got some really solid accolades you posted, but Revan’s are comparable or better. So Kit isn’t really winning on that front.

Obi-Wan, The master of Soresu, could not find holes in Fisto's defenses while sparring.

You’re misrepresenting the facts here. Cestus Deception was two years before Kenobi’s prime. This was early in the war before Kenobi became the warrior he did become. It’s a good feat and all, but you’re attempting to make it out to be something it is not by saying this is peak Kenobi.

This gives us three PT Jedi powerhouses (Shaak Ti, Obi-Wan, and Windu) credit to Fisto for being one of the best duelists of the era. Obi-Wan even admitted that he was inferior; add in the fact that he could not find flaws in his swordsmanship, and you have someone very capable of taking on Revan with help. Also, Revan has never faced someone with as much mastery over Shi-Choo as Fisto, he will not be able to keep up.

Kit Fisto is an excellent swordsman, no doubt about that, but you are completely forgetting about Revan’s skill. Before I get to that, however, I must address Kit Fisto’s defeat against Asajj Ventress:

Now, finally, Kit drew his lightsaber. Ventress drew a pair of blazing, red blades. She inclined her head, breathing more quickly, lips curling into a smile.

"Finally," she said.

"Your pleasure," Kit hissed, and went at her. He was like fire, Ventress like smoke. The dance had substance but not form, a blur of light that seemed impossibly fast, unbelievably deadly. The two leapt and swerved, collided and bounced away. Single against double light-blades. Hands, knees, feet, all in a mind-numbing blur.

Obi-Wan would have given his right hand to join. Or even to watch such a display. But he had his own worries, his own battle to fight.

He struggled with the urge to simply draw his lightsaber and slaughter the X'Ting. His enemies came on and on, struck quickly but clumsily, got in each other's way. Obi-Wan was direct in attack, and as elusive as a breeze.

He'd missed the engagement, but suddenly-Kit was down! Wounded and groggy from a kick in the jaw, for the first time Ventress had pierced his guard. Her left-hand saber sliced his arm but as sparks flew he dove away from her left blade, leaning into a glancing blow from her right.

Obi-Wan heard the scream but couldn't see the wound's severity. Kit rolled as Ventress came at him, splashing down into the lake. Ventress stood on the dock smiling hugely, arms and legs spread in triumph, laughing in that arctic voice.

—The Cestus Deception

Ventress defeated Kit Fisto because of her Form and because she was able to predict his movements based on his style. How does this apply to Revan? Let’s find out…

As I endeavored to show, Revan was highly likely a high-level master of multiple Forms because he was a user of Juyo. The quotes I posted previously indicate that Makashi was one of the Forms he mastered to a high level. Makashi, remember, is Ventress’ primary Form. So Revan already has a Form designed to pick Shii-Cho apart, more than enough to suggest Revan has an advantage. So what about predicting his movements? Well, in addition to his likely mastery of Shii-Cho, Revan has the ability to predict the actions of an opponent seconds, even minutes, before they occur:

"It is the way of the Echani to be able to read their opponents - to know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them. Echani battles are fought several minutes in advance - in many ways, it is much like the game of dejarik played in the core systems. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. Only Revan ever demonstrated such a skill in war. And even as he slaughtered us, the Echani still respected him."
―Brianna (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords)

Revan mastered Echani battle precognition to the point that he could slaughter even the Echani’s greatest masters of it. This skill easily allows Revan to predict Kit Fisto’s moves before he makes them. What does Kit Fisto have on this? He’s in the same position as he was against Ventress, except this time his opponent is far more powerful than he is. How is Kit Fisto supposed to fight against any of what Revan brings to the table? He can’t.

Bastila, was powerful enough to fight Darth Malak (who btw, is not a pushover like people say he is), Darth Bandon, and many of Malak's most powerful henchmen. Add this with all the knowledge she has on Revan, and the fact that she knows him inside and out, and you have someone who can hold her own. She did hold her own, against Revan, Juhani, and Jolee Bindo on Lehon. Then, she escaped unharmed. That is impressive.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m98o3rMccK1r9xg02o1_500.gif

Am I going to have to take this one line at a time? For real? How can one paragraph be so wrong? Good grief. Let’s just get this over with.

Bastila, was powerful enough to fight Darth Malak (who btw, is not a pushover like people say he is),

Good for her. Bastila was beaten by Malak on neutral ground. How does that compare to Revan’s victory over Malak? Not favorably.

Revan defeated Malak on a potent Dark Side nexus after fighting an army of master duelists, sith troopers, and war droids. Revan defeated Malak in the center of the latter’s power when he had the full might of the Star Forge at his command and a constant source of life energy to draw on. Who cares if Bastila held her own (proof of that?)? Revan defeated Malak when the latter was at his very strongest and Revan was hindered by the nexus. Bastila getting beaten doesn’t even begin to compare.

Darth Bandon

When?

Oh, and Revan beat Bandon. ;)

many of Malak's most powerful henchmen

Such as?

Add this with all the knowledge she has on Revan, and the fact that she knows him inside and out, and you have someone who can hold her own.

Really helped her on the Star Forge. You know, where she lost! Her so-called knowledge of Revan’s fighting style didn’t help her at all when she got beaten multiple times in succession. And she doesn’t even know how this incarnation of Revan fights. So her so-called knowledge is of no use to her, not that it helped her in practice.

She did hold her own, against Revan, Juhani, and Jolee Bindo on Lehon. Then, she escaped unharmed. That is impressive.

And then she lost on the Star Forge! Stop ignoring that! Bastila had every advantage necessary and she lost! Multiple times! How is that holding your own? How is that supposed to imply that she can hold her own against an unhindered and much stronger version of Revan? You keep ignoring that Bastila only held her own against Revan on a potent dark side nexus after Revan fought an army of Dark Jedi. And she was beaten multiple times. How in Malachor is Bastila supposed to ‘hold her own’ against a stronger Revan without the aid of a nexus? You haven’t even begun to answer that question.

Satele vs Malgus

Alright, this will be a hard one for sure, but first, lets clear up some misconceptions that might have arisen. First, Satele was hindered by the environment on Alderaan. Large trees bunched together make for a difficult terrain to handle. In the trailer, Satele does indeed fight on an equal footing. The tide only turns when her lightsaber is destroyed. Satele is not going to get backed up into a corner in this match. In a wide open terrain, Satele will not be on the back foot like on Alderaan. Should she find herself in a pickle, she can simply jump away and reengage. She could not do so on Alderaan, as there was too much going on.

Again, not sure what you were watching, but there was plenty of space in their arena. An actual Ataru master doesn’t need wide open, flat terrain to be successful. And it’s not like there were a ton of obstacles anyway. I certainly didn’t see anything noteworthy. Besides, Satele showed pretty effective navigation prior to confronting Malgus, so why is a more open field going to hinder her?

And, again, Satele doesn’t fight on equal footing. She’s constantly on the back foot and nearly overpowered before she brings down a tree to create separation. And then her lightsaber was destroyed. I don’t know about you, but if your lightsaber gets destroyed that means you lost the lightsaber duel. Glad you acknowledge Satele’s defeat here.

I’d also like to bring up that Hondo’s pirate base is even less roomy than Alderaan’s forests. There are tons of obstacles. If you’re arguing Satele had trouble dealing with an open space, how is she supposed to deal with this?

Satele can contend with Revan, and showed as much on Yavin 4

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...5484-42699.gif

Neat trailer shot, bro. Prove its validity.

I did not pick Satele simply for her skill in lightsaber combat, no, she is also a juggernaut in the force. Satele posseses abilities such as:

I wonder how this’ll go…

Force Conceal

Neat. Malgus can see through it.

Malgus relented in his attack, backed off a few steps, and reached out through the Force. Immediately he felt the faint, intentionally suppressed signature of another light-side user to his right. The Jedi's ally was hidden in the rubble, moving closer.

Malgus loosed a furious series of overhand strikes that forced the Zabrak to retreat rapidly. Sidestepping a stab from the Jedi, Malgus rode his motion into a Force-augmented spinning side kick that hit the Jedi in the ribs and sent him cartwheeling into the wall of nearby building. At the same time, he reached out with the Force for the hidden light-side user, brushed aside the resistance he felt, and pulled the Jedi out of hiding.

A human male in his twenties rose up out of ruins, dangling like a fish on the hook of Malgus's power. His legs kicked futilely; the green blade of his lightsaber cut at empty air; he gagged as Malgus's power squeezed shut his throat.

—The Third Lesson

I doubt Satele would even use such a power in combat anyway, but if she did Malgus would see right through it.

Force Speed

Nice. Just like all trained Force adepts.

Shatterpoint

Is she even credited with the ability?

Can influence Biological components (Hex droids)

In what way? That ‘calming influence’? How does that help against a Force user?

Force Barrier

Neat, just like all Force users.

Did you know Malgus advanced the ability to be able to use it in conjunction with telekinesis and Force Lightning to create a Force Maelstrom? 'Cause he did.

Force Stun

Proof?

Advanced Precognition

Examples being?

Exceptional Force Speed

So she doesn’t just have Force Speed, she has exceptional Force Speed? Kriffing awesome. So what’s your point? And what examples do you have of her so-called ‘exceptional’ speed?

Accomplished Telepath- Can read minds and communicate full sentences.

OK, I’ll give you that one free of charge. She’s pretty noteworthy for her telepathic abilities.

Battle Meditation

Which begs the question, why aren’t you applying that here? Regardless, not like she can use it while simultaneously engaging Darth Malgus in combat.

Powerful Tutaminis

Coolio.

Satele has far more on the table than simply skill with a lightsaber. She is an accomplished telepath, able to communicate in full sentences to others. Like in the last match, my team will have unparalleled communication and teamwork skills based on the fact that everyone's thoughts can be shared through Satele.

I take issue with this. Prove she can engage in telepathic conversation while in combat.

And now I’m going to take the opportunity to show exactly why Satele cannot hope to contend with Malgus alone. In Malgus’ strongest incarnation as the False Emperor, he (potentially) engaged a strike team of the Republic’s greatest warriors, including two of the strongest Jedi in the Order. One of whom is the Hero of Tython. Why is this important? Because Satele Shan concedes inferiority to the Hero’s abilities as a warrior:

“You are our greatest warrior… and our best hope."
—Satele Shan (The Old Republic)

"You are the Jedi's finest."
—Satele Shan (The Old Republic)

If Satele’s superior needs help to defeat Darth Malgus in combat, then how is Satele supposed to?

Plo Koon vs HK-47.

Plo Koon is simply too good to lose to HK. Koon has taken down/matched much better assassins than HK, namely Aurra Sing and Ventress. Not only this, but Plo Koon is considered one of the best jedi in the entire order, and earns even the respect of Maul.

Koon is incredibly proficient with the force, he can force push someone without even facing them, he is incredibly fast, and he can even use force healing. Add to this the fact that he has a protective breathing mask, and incredibly strong Kel Dor skin, and any gas attacks from HK are nullified.

Grenades and Mines are sloppy, and can result in the injury of an ally, or even oneself. A thrown grenade can very easily be pushed back, and any amount of time that HK uses to go and plant some is time that my team holds the advantage against Revan and Malgus in a 4v2. HK does not have the luxury of being able to pop in and out of stealth undetected. Remember, this is a desert. HK will kick up dirt or leave footprints where ever he steps. This simple indicator effectively nullifies HK's stealth. Then, in a straight up fight, HK will lose. He cannot fight against someone so fast and powerful as Plo Koon.

Before I do anything, thanks for using my RT. It won’t save you, though. I’m also going to ignore your counters to HK’s weaponry since Sel cleared up that matter and it is now a moot point. You mentioned Plo Koon’s mask, so now I’m going to ask you to prove your mettle as a Plo Koon debater. His mask is a vital area. If destroyed or otherwise removed, he suffers a very painful death. It’s an obvious target and a trained veteran Jedi Killer is more than capable of taking advantage of it. What can Plo Koon do if his mask is destroyed? Nothing, he’s completely vulnerable and would die either by execution or suffocation. HK is more than capable of taking advantage of this weakness.

Alright Aubere, your time is up.

Cute. Next time you call me out, spell my name right, mmk?

Alternate Scenario: Koon vs Malgus/ Satele vs HK-47

This match-up is even worse for you :/

This came to mind as an alternate scenario that could occur, if Satele decided she could not take on Maglus. In this matchup. Plo Koon is more than skilled enough to take on Malgus. Maul considered him a challenge on par with Windu, and he was regarded as one of the most dangerous of the order, and a challenge for any jedi.

Again, the RT… Anyway, Darth Malgus is also one of the greatest warriors of his Order:

Even before the Great War, Malgus was widely regarded as one of the greatest warriors in the Sith Empire.
—The Old Republic Encyclopedia

^That was when Malgus was still an apprentice. Decades of advancement in skill and power and I’d say he’s still one of the greatest warriors in the Sith Empire, still up there with the army busters Marr and Decimus. There’s also praise from Darth Sidious, who claims that Darth Malgus’ feats have never been replicated:

Malgus submitted utterly to the dark side, and doing so made him an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been duplicated.
—Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side

I’d certainly say such accolades surpass Plo Koon’s, or at the very least match them.

And Malgus’ skill? He has a pretty fair advantage over Plo Koon there as well. He

the battlemaster Kao Cen Darach (while only an apprentice),
Satele Shan, and
Ven Zallow. Zallow was considered Malgus’ most infamous kill, suggesting parity between him and battlemaster Darach.

Plo Koon’s only real dueling feat is defeating Asajj Ventress. Impressive, yes, very impressive. Especially because he did so despite a broken arm. However, Ventress and Malgus are two very different opponents. Malgus is more comparable to Savage in fighting ability in that they use strength to their advantage. And when faced against a stronger opponent, Plo Koon was defeated. He can hold his own, sure, but he will be defeated.

But we haven’t even considered Force power, which will give Malgus the undeniable edge and lead to his inevitable victory. Malgus has surpassed Plo Koon in the primary fields of combative Force use: Telekinesis and Force Lightning.

Force Lightning is pretty easy, actually. Plo Koon has incapacitated a non Force user with a few bolts of lightning, Malgus has casually killed Jedi. No comparison.

Telekinesis, on the other hand, is Plo Koon’s stronger point. Plo Koon’s greatest TK feat. In comparison to Malgus’ best feat, or perhaps

Plo Koon’s feats of telekinesis do not compare, and Malgus has affected even the most powerful Jedi of the era with his power. What’s to stop Malgus from doing so to Plo Koon?

Thus, it comes down to who is the greater practitioner of Djem So. In my opinion, it is Koon. Not only does he have exceptional endurance, but Koon is also impressively fast. He can outmaneuver Malgus, and finish him off with his superior skills. Throw in his knowledge and application of Ataru, and he can, at minimum, stalemate Malgus.

Malgus has faced faster opponents and defeated them in lightsaber combat. Satele Shan comes to mind. ;) Plo Koon’s supposed application of Ataru (again, source?) isn’t really going to help him when actual pure Ataru users were unable to.

And prove his superior skills. Malgus matches his accolades and surpasses his feats. Plo Koon is generally just outclassed by Malgus. He can hold his own for a time, but he just doesn’t have the ability to defeat Malgus in any way. Malgus is the better fighter and the more powerful Force user by a significant margin. Plo Koon has no advantages here. And, again, he has a weakness in the form of his breath mask. He’s at a disadvantage against Malgus. He simply can’t win.

Satele vs HK

Satele has a great deal of experience with deadly droids, she was seen single handedly wiping out hex droids, some extremely deadly droids, with a mere gesture. Along with her blinding speed and strong force application, Satele could win this fight before the others are through, and go and assist one of the others.

Her mere gestures crush/blow apart Hex Droids, and her mere looks freeze them in place:

The Grand Master possessed prodigious Force powers. A gesture crushed hexes into balls or blew them apart from the inside. A look stilled them in mid-lunge while Ax rushed in to finish them off.

Simple counter for this. TOS HK (which I’m assuming Sel agreed to using) is equipped with a reactive shield that defends against Force powers. So Satele can’t really use her powers against him.

There’s also the fact that HK faced a far greater threat than Satele Shan, a threat that Revan was confident that HK could overcome:

Revan: It's time. HK! I have need of you!

HK-47: Assessment: This collection of meatbags will not provide optimal killing satisfaction, master.

Revan: I trust you'll make do.

Keeping in mind that, again, Satele’s superior (Hero of Tython) would potentially comprise the team against HK. So the question is posed again: How does Satele defeat a droid so easily when her superior needed aid to do the same?

Essentially, Revan is very much superior to Bastila and Kit Fisto, Malgus is demonstrably superior to Plo Koon or Satele, and HK-47 can contend in this battle due to his past adversaries and the threat he posed. Revan is far superior to any individual member of your team and requires more than two opponents to defeat. Malgus is individually superior to any member of your team and can take on two enemies at a time. Regardless of HK’s abilities, these two are more than capable of taking your team on themselves. Thus far your attempts to prove the contrary are inadequate.

Your move.

Wow Aurbere, quite the tantrum you threw there. I don't have time to respond right now, but what I basically read was the recipe for disaster.

-4 cups (to many) Revan fanboism

- 3 Tbs. blatant use of speculation to prove a game mechanic

- 2 sticks of game mechanic

- one whole complete disregard for feats that I have given.

Let sit for a while and it turns into........

A miffed Aurbere's post!!!!