SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Round 1C: Selenial vs Tunewalker

Beniboybling

Ok going to continue with my analysis and then get on to the counters. So yes for now I am ignoring Selenial's posts, because there is enough undercutting of Kyp's and K'kruhk's abilities for me to fly a Helicopter under it... and I dont even HAVE a pilots license lol. I will say this Sel, thank you for showing me where the disconnect on these forums is. Since "kyp is down at ventress level" says exactly how bad the "undercutting" is, its pretty severe but its not unmanagable or incapable of being mitigated.

Psychiatric log; Day 274:

The penny has yet to drop. Subject still seems to believe themselves to be the enlightened messenger of God, infallible and indisputable. All attempts to reason with the subject have resulted in failure. Will try again, I do not hold out hope.

Mrw reading every, single, one of his posts. Usually followed by;

https://31.media.tumblr.com/4aea8bda628ee6c349f8c04db448e1ac/tumblr_inline_nkvsk3kpDx1sbzmgb.gif

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need to provide some form of proof as to the size of those singularities, Tune.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dovin_basal

dovin basals were able to generate powerful gravitational fields that were used mainly as propulsion devices and shields. They were capable of creating micro-black holes that could absorb laser shots at spacecraft, as well as almost anything else, from proton torpedoes to concussion missiles. Groups of dovin basals were capable of generating inhibition fields which served as a type of force field to trap enemies in certain areas. These fields could also rip ships out of hyperspace.

Dovin basals could also dramatically drain deflector shields from nearby enemy craft.

And he seized upon that void, directing all his Force abilities and discipline against it.

It was like using a thin metal rod to push a grounded landspeeder. Too much pressure and it would bend, becoming useless. Too little and nothing would happen. He had to find the right pressure to budge it, to set it into motion and keep it going that way...

For a moment, the only things in the universe were him, Jaina, and the void. He moved the void, turned it around, moved it back the other direction.

Then he was himself again, in the cockpit, watching the flank of the interdictor distort. The void had moved back and touched the interdictor, and now the interdictor elongated into it, extending what looked like a pliant extrusion of what he knew to be hardened yorik coral into the singularity.

I hope that was enough proof on that feat..... if more is needed.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Worldships look at propulsion.... Dovin Basil... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yorik-et Dovin Basil propulsion. They create singularities to pull the ship around using gravitational forces as a means of propulsion. To be able to move a fighter craft with enough speed, or a WorldShip with that amount of mass, you would at bare minimum need the gravity that pulled the Executor to the Second Death Star and blew it up. I didnt write it, it happened, its a thing.

And to you Selenial, I intend... I had done it... all the proof was there, and then Bioware flipped me the bird.

sin·gu·lar·i·ty

ˌsiNGɡyəˈlerədē/

noun

noun: singularity

PHYSICSMATHEMATICS

a point at which a function takes an infinite value, especially in space-time when matter is infinitely dense, as at the center of a black hole.

Edited by tunewalker

And do you know how they created gravitational fields? I doubt they just spontaneously increased their mass by a thousand trillion fold.

It would be more plausible that they shrink their size until they were so compact that a black hole came to be. But such small animal would have to shrink to planck length size, in which case a 2 meters singularity would be impossible.

I'm guessing they did it with spacemagic if you ask me...SW isn't know for accuracy.

Edited by cs_zoltan

And do you know how they created gravitational fields? I doubt they just spontaneously increased their mass by a thousand trillion fold.

It would be more plausible that they shrink their size until they were so compact that a black hole came to be. But such small animal would have to shrink to planck length size, in which case a 2 meters singularity would be impossible.

I'm guessing they did it with spacemagic if you ask me...SW isn't know for accuracy.

I didnt write the thing. but that's the mass it needs to move stuff the way it does. The force... is Space Magic.... so more space magic is good with me... doesnt mean it didnt happen, it did, its a things, it a feat, I didnt write it, and people cant just write it off cus they dont like it. (shrinking Size does not make more mass, mass is what creates gravity, as far as we can tell)

Edited by tunewalker

I didnt write the thing. but that's the mass it needs to move stuff the way it does. The force... is Space Magic.... so more space magic is good with me... doesnt mean it didnt happen, it did, its a things, it a feat, I didnt write it, and people cant just write it off cus they dont like it.

I didn't write it off, but since nobody knows the weight of those singularities it's kinda ambiguous. Put it in perspective to Kyp's other showings and you will get a clearer picture. And based on his other showing there is no way in hell those things weighted 10^16 kg.

I didn't write it off, but since nobody knows the weight of those singularities it's kinda ambiguous. Put it in perspective to Kyp's other showings and you will get a clearer picture. And based on his other showing there is no way in hell those things weighted 10^16 kg.

Check the Edit. What ever Mass it is (weight) it needs to be enough to move these things, which is still larger then any Star Destroyer.

His other feats actually dont say its impossible for him. He moves Freighters pretty much effortlessly right before that. Sure he concentrates on it at first and people doubt him, he even slightly doubts it, but when he does it with a fair amount of ease it opens up whole new windows of opportunity for him. This falls into the catagory of the "other" other times are basically he has no reason to do so, so doesnt. There is nothing that says it doesnt line up with his abilities, he is Luke's best student and I will get to the other stuff later, probably tomorow now actually.

Edited by tunewalker

Moving a freighter that is in the 5 ton range suggest that he could move something in the 10^13 ton range?

Well then Kenobi was fast enough so Dooku didn't even dare to strike at him, that suggest that Kenobi could blitz The Ones and DE Sidious simultaneously.

Moving a freighter that is in the 5 ton range suggest that he could move something in the 10^13 ton range?

Well then Kenobi was fast enough so Dooku didn't even dare to strike at him, that suggest that Kenobi could blitz The Ones and DE Sidious simultaneously.

Space Magic, "size matters not", TK Scales work at a different pace then speed and the rest. The fact of hte matter is HE DID. They need that level of mass to move things the way they do. He moved it, so what ever doubt about his ability to do so are gone because he did so..... AND I am the one that likes to low ball characters and not take their feats into consideration :rolleyes:. Ok

Edit: honestly this is bordering on Argument territory so to keep myself calm and collected for the debate with the actual Debater instead of having ANOTHER vs match where I just have to contend with the same people again.. (zoltan, Aurbere seriously why is it always you guys I get that you dont like me, but that doesnt mean you have to follow me every where and try to discredit stuff that is written clear as crystal, its not my fault I didnt write it, but I am perfectly correct in using it, its not my fault that no one wants to credit any one but Luke and Caedus from the NJO era for being at all good, and when an actual feat shows up that disproves that you guys dont need to get all upity about it.)

Edited by tunewalker

Erm... I'll just let it speak for itself:

And he seized upon that void, directing all his Force abilities and discipline against it.

It was like using a thin metal rod to push a grounded landspeeder. Too much pressure and it would bend, becoming useless. Too little and nothing would happen. He had to find the right pressure to budge it, to set it into motion and keep it going that way...

For a moment, the only things in the universe were him, Jaina, and the void. He moved the void, turned it around, moved it back the other direction.

Then he was himself again, in the cockpit, watching the flank of the interdictor distort. The void had moved back and touched the interdictor, and now the interdictor elongated into it, extending what looked like a pliant extrusion of what he knew to be hardened yorik coral into the singularity.

The portions of the interdictor in closest proximity to the void accelerated faster into its maw so that portions farther back tore, venting gases into space. But the incredible gravity of the singularity didn't allow the remainder of the ship to tear away and be free. It dragged greater and greater portions of the interdictor into it, compressing them, rending them, and in a moment the interdictor was gone.

Kyp felt obliterated, bone-tired, as though he'd run for days, drawing on the Force to sustain him, and had finally settled down for rest. His diagnostics board was beeping at him and he spared it a glance. "I've taken damage," he said. "A grutchin, I think."

Underlined the interesting bit. I'll let Sel take it from there. I'm sure she knows how to deal with it.

Space Magic, "size matters not", TK Scales work at a different pace then speed and the rest. The fact of hte matter is HE DID. They need that level of mass to move things the way they do. He moved it, so what ever doubt about his ability to do so are gone because he did so..... AND I am the one that likes to low ball characters and not take their feats into consideration :rolleyes:. Ok

Edit: honestly this is bordering on Argument territory so to keep myself calm and collected for the debate with the actual Debater instead of having ANOTHER vs match where I just have to contend with the same people again.. (zoltan, Aurbere seriously why is it always you guys I get that you dont like me, but that doesnt mean you have to follow me every where and try to discredit stuff that is written clear as crystal, its not my fault I didnt write it, but I am perfectly correct in using it, its not my fault that no one wants to credit any one but Luke and Caedus from the NJO era for being at all good, and when an actual feat shows up that disproves that you guys dont need to get all upity about it.)

I don't think I've ever said that I don't like you, which is simply untrue. Just after the truth.

Erm... I'll just let it speak for itself:

Underlined the interesting bit. I'll let Sel take it from there. I'm sure she knows how to deal with it.

But he still pulled it off. That's still better then Galen Marek did, That's better then Star Killder did, That's still better then Vader, that's still better then Krayt's TK, its still better then Any TK feat shown by any combatant in this tournament.

Now I KNOW why he didnt do it to often. ITS HEAVY, ITS TIRING.... He moved something with more mass then that of a Death Star...... of course he is tired. He is lucky to be alive....

Edited by tunewalker

zoltan, Aurbere seriously why is it always you guys I get that you dont like me

It's not like that. You sure know how to push my buttons, but I try not take talking about non-existant people too seriously. But your debating style is really hard to ignore.

But he still pulled it off. That's still better then Galen Marek did, That's better then Star Killder did, That's still better then Vader, that's still better then Krayt's TK.

Now I KNOW why he didnt do it to often. ITS HEAVY, ITS TIRING.... He moved something with more mass then that of a Death Star...... of course he is tired. He is lucky to be alive....

That's not really the point, honestly. But, again, I'll leave it to Sel.

@Sel, I'd also suggest taking a page out of my playbook from my first match.

Can someone explain to me how the Dovin Basals somehow maintained these singularities, because they were controlled and entirely directed by the ships themselves. Those ships did not have the energy levels to actually maintain a fully functioning Black Hole, it's pretty obvious that the things aren't as heavy as Tune's making them out to be :/

Edit: Doesn't that seem like a oneness feat to anyone else as well? The "for a moment there was only him, Jaina and the void" thing...

Edited by Selenial

Can someone explain to me how the Dovin Basals somehow maintained these singularities, because they were controlled and entirely directed by the ships themselves. Those ships did not have the energy levels to actually maintain a fully functioning Black Hole, it's pretty obvious that the things aren't as heavy as Tune's making them out to be :/

Pretty sure it's space magic.

this is as far as I can... I didnt write it.

Edit: to your Edit Sel. He was tired after wards as Aurbere showed, 1 and 2.... I am not suggesting he does this in combat, I am suggesting this is indicative of more power then any one here has given Kyp credit for.

You said yourself that you believed him to be no where near Krayt. You said you thought him to be Ventress level. This feat shows clear as crystal plain as day that, that thought process could not be more wrong. I know it shakes at the foundation of what you guys believe the people other then Luke in the NJO to be, but its about time Kyp at the very least got credit for where it is due.

Edited by tunewalker

Not to mention a Dovin Basal was attached to the Vong versions of ships, yet they moved pretty easily even while maintaining these "Micro-Black Holes". It makes sense that moving the Basal itself moved the "void", thus Kyp wasn't pulling Palpatine level telekinetics, but TK on the level of Stryfe and Wredd :jawa_evil:

this is as far as I can... I didnt write it.

Edit: to your Edit Sel. He was tired after wards as Aurbere showed, 1 and 2.... I am not suggesting he does this in combat, I am suggesting this is indicative of more power then any one here has given Kyp credit for.

You said yourself that you believed him to be no where near Krayt. You said you thought him to be Ventress level. This feat shows clear as crystal plain as day that, that thought process could not be more wrong. I know it shakes at the foundation of what you guys believe the people other then Luke in the NJO to be, but its about time Kyp at the very least got credit for where it is due.

I've yet to find a facepalm gif that properly describes how this post makes me feel. Any ideas, Zoltan?

Not to mention a Dovin Basal was attached to the Vong versions of ships, yet they moved pretty easily even while maintaining these "Micro-Black Holes". It makes sense that moving the Basal itself moved the "void", thus Kyp wasn't pulling Palpatine level telekinetics, but TK on the level of Stryfe and Wredd :jawa_evil:

The black holes did their moving.... as far as I know which is how we know they are as heavy as they are. Also if it was as small as you guys want to suggest... well.... he moved something bigger with 0 exhaustion, and very little effort so.... nope....

Edit: again not my fault, I didnt do it, Not my fault, I didnt write it, Not my fault you asked for somethign indicative of Kyp being as powerful as I suggested he was. I gave you proof and now you are scrambling... was "you are just better then me" the only argument you had??

Edited by tunewalker