[Harbinger] [R] <Aequitas Vox> Revival, Rebuilding, and Seeking New Members

johncenaultimate

*Please Check The Latest Post For New Information*

Hello fellow SWTOR players!

It has been such a long time since a post has been made here by our guild. Unfortunately, most (if not all), of us took a hiatus and did not come back. Now that the expansion has been out for quite some time now, I felt as if it was now the time to rebuild the guild that brought me into raiding in SWTOR.

With that being said, here's a bit of history on Aequitas Vox.

**Who Are We?**

Aequitas Vox is a pve/pvp guild that was formed on "The Bastion" server. Mainly, we were mostly Hardcore players, that did our best to clear all of the content that was available at the time. (Before 3.0) We always sought to find ways to improve ourselves, and the guild, while at the same time, maintaining a relaxed atmosphere as well. Although I was not there at the time, Aequitas Vox was also known outside of SWTOR, under a different alias. We achieved several world firsts in several games such as: "TERA, Secret World, and World of Warcraft".

**Pre 2.8**

Around the time I joined the guild, Aequitas Vox had made a few advances in the game. I didn't know it at the time, but its most notable accomplishment included the Hateful Entity. Along with that, they downed DF/DP Hard Mode on 8 man as well. As for me, I hadn't thought about raiding an operation until one day, they came along, advertising a pug run for DP SM. I thought to myself "It couldn't hurt to try." And so I joined Aequitas Vox's run, without a guild at the time. Surprisingly, I did very well, and I got in teamspeak with them. I learned a few things, such as the different mechanics on DP. All said, it was a fun experience for me. A couple of days later, one of them was advertising for new members. So I talked to one of them, and he was very helpful. We had a good talk, and after an hour or so, I asked, "May I join?" And he graciously accepted my request, and I joined Aequitas Vox. Almost immediately, I was asked to raid on a daily basis. I accepted. And so I joined a progression group that had started on 16m DF/DP Hard Mode. At first, it was difficult, because we weren't coordinated enough, and I had some problems with the mechanics as well. Along the way, we had a few guilds helping us out, some of them which I am friends with to this day. Soon after, we met Wound in the Force. They were helping one of our groups in an 8m HM DP. It went very well, and their leader and a couple of their guild members helped us on 16M HM progression. It took a few weeks, but soon enough, we managed to finally get past Corruptor Zero. It was then that our morale increased and we took Brontes down after several attempts that night. Immediately after, we finished off DP HM and completed 16M progression on it. Taking down the council was no easy feat, and I was very happy to have ran with them. Little did I know that it would be one of the last times that we, the members of Aequitas Vox would raid together.

**Post 2.8**

Nightmare Dread Fortress and Nightmare Dread Palace had been released. It was a new tier of gear, with a special title if we could down it in time. Although we still did 16m DF/DP HM, the main focus was the new nightmare operations. I was not raiding the NiM Ops at the time, but I trained every day on the dummy to improve my rotation and Dps. There was 1 group attempting the new tier of gear, along with the possibility of a second or third group. Things were going well. Then, something happened along the way. I had to take a break from the game to focus more on my studies. When I returned, Aequitas Vox had completely become inactive. (save for a few members) I didn't know what at the time of my departure, but I checked the website, and they had taken a vacation from the fleet for various reasons. Little did I know that my fellow guild mates would not return for good. And so I was stuck with several options. I decided, maybe it would be best to find a new guild. I joined several ones, but it just did not come close to the atmosphere of Aequitas Vox. And so I left, once again without a guild. Around that same time, the website shut down. Was it perhaps the end of Aequitas Vox? For now, it was.

I had one last talk with my guild mate, and I thanked him for being apart of a group of friendly players. My shout-out goes to you, viper.

**Post 3.0**

I didn't know what happened at Bastion. But I came back from my semi-hiatus from the game, and there were two new operations out. I thought to myself, "This is what I need to return to the game full time." And so I did, unguilded for a very long time. I wasn't interested in joining one, but I managed to complete SM ToS/Rav. I found the operations to be very fun and challenging. Underlurker in particular. It was a very interesting boss that I enjoyed. But something was still waiting for be sparked. And I wondered, what could that be. Then, a thought came. It was after the server merges, that the thought of reviving Aequitas Vox appeared in my brain. I thought, "On one hand, it might not work, with the new announcement of no operations." On the other hand, I thought, "This may just work." I thought about my old guild mates if they came back. They hadn't even attempted the new operations. I also knew that casuals would love to join as well. I then knew that reviving Aequitas Vox meant that it could not be simply a hardcore guild simply focused on end game entirely. Committing to it would be a huge task, and I would have to lead this time, and carry the reputation of Aequitas Vox without any possible guild mates coming back. There was only one possible answer. I couldn't go back to bastion. The guild there was dead. If I had to attempt to rebuild Aequitas Vox, it needs to be on a healthy server. I had two options, shadowlands, and harbinger. I decided to make a place holder for both servers with the Aequitas Vox name. It was a few weeks, but I decided, maybe Harbinger could work. And I chose harbinger, with a hope that it will work out. And here we are today, me, as leader, attempting to revive a well known guild, that started back on The Bastion.

The future shall await us...

**Recuritment Needs**

At this point in time, I'm rebuilding the guild that I absolutely enjoyed being apart of. And now, its my turn to do the same, following some of my guild mates who did the same back on Bastion.

I will take anyone at this point, but mind you, it is a republic side guild. There aren't any plans for an imp side one, it will be one step at a time. Whether you are a hardcore player, casual, a crafter, or simply doing pvp, I will accept you.

Along with that, I'm also looking for friendly players. The goal is to have fun and enjoy the content that is ahead of us. I do have a mumble server, its not exactly a true mumble server, but it has a good amount of spots. As the old Aequitas Vox server has ceased to exist, my mumble server will have to do for now.

Joining my guild and helping the process of rebuilding will most certainly earn you a special place in my friends list. As I don't have a guild bank yet, members will be the key. But I guarantee you, you will have life long friendships in Aequitas Vox. :)

As I'm one of the only few people in the guild, I am the only means of contacting for joining Aequitas Vox. To be able to join, send me a reply on reddit, on the SWTOR forums (harbinger), or on my characters.

I will be on Taralaire most of the time, but I am on my scoundrel as well, scoundrelälexïs, lóy, or any of my other characters with Tara. Those are my characters on harb. I do check my mail in game so if i miss your reply, you are most welcome to send me a mail.

I'm excited to rebuild Aequitas Vox. And I hope some of you on harb (new or old) will join me. :)

- Taralaire

and here is the website if you would like to apply there as well: http://aequitasvox.shivtr.com

Edited by johncenaultimate

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to thank those of you so far, who have joined or have expressed interest in joining Aequitas Vox. You've chosen a great guild to be apart of, and it can only go better from here.

Also, this is for you Athius, Phileoh, Viper. Should you come back to the game, I would welcome you back with open arms on harbinger. You guys were awesome to run with, and I'd do it again if i would.

-Taralaire

Hey guys,

I have updated the website with our raid schedule.

As we are still in the process of rebuilding the guild, raids are currently limited to 1 day a week. As we get more members and as old guild mates come back to Aequitas Vox, I will change the schedule.

Currently, raids happen on Saturday, 8:00 PM CST every week.

All times are in CST.

- Taralaire

Hmm, I'm interested in joining you. :rak_03:

I personally steered clear of most guilds because of the atmosphere surrounding most of them. But after reading about what kind of guild you're trying to run, It peeked my interest and ill be glad to try and contribute. I'll also shoot you in message in-game when i get the chance.

awesome. shoot me a whisper in game when you have the chance, and if i'm not online at the time, feel free to send an app on the website or send me an in game mail.

- Taralaire

A bit of an update on the voice chat.

So far I haven't been able to get the old aequitas vox teamspeak server renewed. If that changes, it will be the official one to use for voice chat. So mumble is still the only option for new applications as of now.

- Taralaire

Bit on an update on raid schedule and progression.

Progression, i may finalize it by mid september, or i may hold it off till expansion launch, we'll see.

Raid schedule, We do raid on sundays now. Same time, 8PM Central. So in essence, I am returning to the roots of this guild in some form. Will probably add more raid days for regular ops as time goes on.

- Taralaire

this is more of a friendly invitation to the members of the guild that aequitas vox was formerly called but,

if any luminosity or obscurity members would like to join and transfer from bastion to harbinger, any of you guys are more than welcome to do so.

and as always, we're always accepting new people.

- Taralaire

bit of update

so we do have a limited amount of decorations from the level 50 operations, so we're selling them.

and also, we'll give you a sale run of them, before they get scaled to level 65 (so if you want the tank from EC, or mounts from KP/EV, best to grab it now before you may not have the chance to do so at 65)

i should mention that it is pub side only.

as always, check out the website for more information. and we always accept new recruits into Aequitas Vox.

- Taralaire

hey again..

so, i guess what i'll say is that we are also recruiting progression raiders as well. half or i want to say maybe most of the group is potentially filled out...so i'll copy and paste the possible group from our site as of now.

Group A Progression Roster

Raid Leaders: Taralaire/Nymue

Tank (DPS for underlurker): Scotchy (most likely)

Tank (DPS for underlurker):

DPS: Taralaire

DPS: Tha'nos

DPS: Nymue

DPS:

Healer: Viperabyss (maybe, but likely)

Healer: Dëziray

Alternates: Andromada (Heals)

so far that is what we have...and from talking to each of us it looks like for potential progression raiders..that our days would look as follows..which would be sunday, maybe friday too. possibly monday, but most likely not.

the raid times would start at 8pm central time (6pm pacific) the same time as our level 50 operations nights on saturdays.

so umm, this is what can happen. if you are potentially interested in progression raiding, contact me or nymue (Bipölar) in game and we can discuss more details. but basically we're mainly looking for a sentinel/gunslinger if for some reason we won't have people available..we will accept alternates as well.

- Taralaire

hey,

so our progression roster is complete, so here's what it looks like

group a: Friday/Sunday 10PM central/8PM pacific group roster progression

Raid Leaders: Taralaire/Nymue

Tank: Scotchy

Tank: Ny's bf

DPS: Taralaire

DPS: Tha'nos

DPS: Nymue

DPS: Rub

Healer: Viperabyss

Healer: Dëziray

Alternates: Andromada (Heals), Amu (Dps/Heals)

do note that we are still accepting applications too. and..

we are starting another progression group that is for monday/tuesday. so for this one, there plenty of spots open, so terra-rone will be leading this group..

group b: monday-tuesday 7pm pacific group roster progression

Raid Leaders: Terra-rone

Tank: Open

Dps: Open

Heals: Terra-rone

Heals: Open

so like i said, this one is open.. so if you are interested, contact terra-rone in game.

- Taralaire

hey again

so this post is just an update of group b. so there are spots still open..

group b: monday-tuesday 7-9pm pacific group roster progression

Raid Leaders: Terra-Rone

Tank: Isbah - can heal as well

Heals: Terra-Rone - can tank as well

Heals: Open

DPS: Keluma

DPS: DeadeyeDad

DPS: Shane-D

DPS: Open

so there's 1 tank/heal/dps spot open...umm so if interested, put out an application on website or speak to terra-rone in game..

and as always, we accept new people into our guild

- taralaire

another successful raid night..

mighty karagga wen't down and down went kephess as well :D

and as always, we are always accepting new members into our guild

we are also still looking for members for group b and we're also recruiting for 4.0 too :D

- taralaire