PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just another MMO actualy and btw BW didnt intend this becuase they themselves stated this was an exploit.

People just wana see how they manage this kind of situations, proof of future support in this kind of matters, at least I wana see how they mange it.

If its "just another mmo" why not stick to the ones you have spent countless hours already playing? Unless of course Bioware made this one unique, with individual class stories delivered in cinematic format, and companion characters (pets with stories and crafting abilities and each class gets a selection of them), mobile housing, multiplayer dialogue which effects group content, and much more.

If you feel this isnt the case, please explain why people are here instead of on all these other mmo's which are identical in most respects.

I said that I would involve myself in story, and that was BW intention. Not that they had intended for people to ignore what they had changed about mmo's, and instead focus in exploiting PVP.

Players doing this dont need bans, they seem to need perspective, as exploiting PVP and gaining level was their focus from the get go. In a story based MMO. Nice.

Ohh look at me level 50, with no idea of who my character is! Yay! Whens the next mmo coming out?

i will say though i am annoyed with the level advancement within this game it is interesting to note that there is little or no chance of this being fixed this late in the game due to cost

BW has shelled out all the money for this game for voice acting that runs the story lines and this is supposed to slow people down but in reality they should have realized that it wouldn't have this effect for many players.

the game will end up out of balance and yes it makes me sad as i think it was beginning of 09 when i heard about it while messing around with SWG <i started playing on sony for matrix and found it was terrible in a lot of ways so switched over>

i will also say that some of the other issues are that this game got way too much hype during production and now into the end of it it is getting geared up way more.

OU and EQ1 kind of sneaked up on people and even WoW was not a big game over all at the beginning .. these games were not "for the masses" at the outset but became that way nearing the end of their life cycles.

maybe ToR can be saved but lies and misdirection is not going to correct the issues.

Thats why in beta i was one of the loudest voices for a Level cap quest system

So that when you reach certain points in leveling you are required to do story line questing to gain further exp.

LEvel limit questing would have helped prevent this... those same players would then have to go back and do quest chains to advance past 10 or 15.... make it every 5-10 levels and you extend the life of a game.

PEOPLE ARE MAD BECAUE THEY LOVE STAR WARS! and no action against exploits is end

Edited by Gummiebear

Thats why in beta i was one of the loudest voices for a Level cap quest system

So that when you reach certain points in leveling you are required to do story line questing to gain further exp.

LEvel limit questing would have helped prevent this... those same players would then have to go back and do quest chains to advance past 10 or 15.... make it every 5-10 levels and you extend the life of a game.

PEOPLE ARE MAD BECAUE THEY LOVE STAR WARS! and no action against exploits is end

i agree with you that this might have fixed it but i don't think the money is now there to fix it as it cash all got spent on the stuff already in game.

the whole "create a game for the masses" doesn't work and hasn't worked yet for MMOs since WoW came out as people cry and want faster leveling and then find the game is crap and they level too fast so the game starts to bleed subs in 2 months after it opens

as of now i am thinking that this game might be a gap stop game at best till age of wulin comes out and since i already went the route with Rift not really sure whether to bother.

as to why i might buy it still i think it is because i have wasted 3 years watching it grow to become this blob of a game so maybe i should try it now it is no longer in beta but i don't have a good out look going in anymore i fear (and my trepidation began beginning of this month not with "just this")

i agree with you that this might have fixed it but i don't think the money is now there to fix it as it cash all got spent on the stuff already in game.

the whole "create a game for the masses" doesn't work and hasn't worked yet for MMOs since WoW came out as people cry and want faster leveling and then find the game is crap and they level too fast so the game starts to bleed subs in 2 months after it opens

as of now i am thinking that this game might be a gap stop game at best till age of wulin comes out and since i already went the route with Rift not really sure whether to bother.

as to why i might buy it still i think it is because i have wasted 3 years watching it grow to become this blob of a game so maybe i should try it now it is no longer in beta but i don't have a good out look going in anymore i fear (and my trepidation began beginning of this month not with "just this")

beta had me excited except for the challenges being taken away one by one as a few people cried it was to hard.... now with the exploits being allowed...im rather disappointed and pvp would be a waste of time and stress.... RP is the only thing left for people to enjoy stress feee...

If its "just another mmo" why not stick to the ones you have spent countless hours already playing? Unless of course Bioware made this one unique, with individual class stories delivered in cinematic format, and companion characters (pets with stories and crafting abilities and each class gets a selection of them), mobile housing, multiplayer dialogue which effects group content, and much more.

If you feel this isnt the case, please explain why people are here instead of on all these other mmo's which are identical in most respects.

I said that I would involve myself in story, and that was BW intention. Not that they had intended for people to ignore what they had changed about mmo's, and instead focus in exploiting PVP.

Players doing this dont need bans, they seem to need perspective, as exploiting PVP and gaining level was their focus from the get go. In a story based MMO. Nice.

Ohh look at me level 50, with no idea of who my character is! Yay! Whens the next mmo coming out?

Like I said just another MMO, not all of us build some big story our of our ingame avatar, I play for pvp, trading and most of all to waste time, the story is just a pretty nice bonus for me.

Other MMOs you say, what other good MMO was out in 2011 plz do tell me.

What if someone just really wanted to PvP so they kept joining the queues over and over...

...Until they finally got a WZ they could actually participate in, the way it is intended. I completely agree but I don't see why people would play pvp straight away, real competition won't start until the official launch cuz then all players (including those with actual pvp ability) will be playing. For now surely make the most of the Story stuff and rich questing content?! :jawa_cool:

Like I said just another MMO, not all of us build some big story our of our ingame avatar, I play for pvp, trading and most of all to waste time, the story is just a pretty nice bonus for me.

nothing really out in 2011 BUT a lot coming out in 2012 potentially so i wonder how many will jump ship if issues don't resolve themselves

...Until they finally got a WZ they could actually participate in, the way it is intended. I completely agree but I don't see why people would play pvp straight away, real competition won't start until the official launch cuz then all players (including those with actual pvp ability) will be playing. For now surely make the most of the Story stuff and rich questing content?! :jawa_cool:

are you saying they should suspend all BG .... punish exploiters, and release BG on launch day?

Posted this on another thread, but since BioWare is watching this thread - figure I'd post repro steps on how people are doing this here:

If you watch this guys stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/tamgros

NOTE: He is bug reporting it, and complains that it's really stupid - he only did it once or twice just to show how idiotic it was.

Here's a screenshot (you can tell by damage done etc.. that the match lasted only 2 minutes):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/warzonek.jpg/

He recieved 3500 exp for 2 minute WZ due to not enough players.

He recieved a win for that WZ.

He was then able to turn in the Daily PvP quest for another 12,000 EXP.

Daily PvP quests are NOT limited to being daily, so he can instantly pick up the Daily quest again.

Total net = 15,000 EXP for 2 minutes of work = infinitely repeatable.

Edited by Omgthisnamesux

Posted this on another thread, but since BioWare is watching this thread - figure I'd post repro steps on how people are doing this here:

NOTE: He is bug reporting it, and complains that it's really stupid - he only did it once or twice just to show how idiotic it was.

Here's a screenshot (you can tell by damage done etc.. that the match lasted only 2 minutes):

Daily PvP quests are NOT limited to being daily, so he can instantly pick up the Daily quest again.

So he knew it was a bug, and he kept doing it? even after bugging it, then went public with his actual character name and youre advertising it? Good job getting him banned there.

How is it an exploit to queue for warzones?

Its entirely biowares fault for underpopulating the servers so much at launch.

And it gives an even bigger advantage to those who won the preorder lotto.

Absolutely agree with you.

So you and others saying that SWTOR is the only GOOD mmo released this year?

and that if an mmo wasnt released in the past 12 months, its not worth playing?

not speculation i saw it as well and no he didnt do it after getting second same daily he reported it but it is working as intended so yes gg BW way to go and yes atm power lvls are not 50 but about 25-30 were people with no ,,expoit,, are about 20 so there are about 5-7 lvl difference atm so meh day after tomorrow they will be 50 no biggy

are you saying they should suspend all BG .... punish exploiters, and release BG on launch day?

I'm saying people will inevitably take advantage of anything they possibly can, yes its an exploit but only BW is to blame, I just hope it can be resolved. BW wanted the game to be appreciated in a certain way, with it's rich content, they didn't spend sooo much time trying to perfect it to have it wasted. That's the flaw with most games now, WoW is dead cuz content was just recycled rubbish....

My point is its almost like people are making a massive deal out of it, those exploiting, imo, are ruining the game for themselves. I wanted this Early access so I could absorb all the rich content and story lines, like a sponge. THEN get hardcore at end game.

Just think its sad, day 1; people exploiting/ruining the game.

Maxii, OUT!

In beta the daily was not repeatable immediately. Is this some new bug or just speculation by you?

As noted previously, he only did it once or twice... and reported it, and said it was really idiotic; in order to prove something is a bug/exploit or whatever you'd have to do it at least twice to see if it's repeatable or just a one time fluke.

nice try though.

no i think he was saying (and i know i was) that is is the only release for a MMO in 2011

I think you will find posy ToR and post Rift the game makers will start looking into the levelling speeds and balances a little more or at least i hope they do

think it to this one it is like levelling an offline game in which you are permanently stuck in easy mode.. levels fast to end game and you WILL end up asking "what next" which is exactly what rift was like when i left it after 2 to 3 months.

game companies can't afford to churn out content every 2 to 3 months but they make the games only last 2 to 3 months so the problem is theirs

careful bro.... everytime a link is posted on this the tread gets closed and poster gets infractions or suspended....

I'm saying people will inevitably take advantage of anything they possibly can, yes its an exploit but only BW is to blame, I just hope it can be resolved. BW wanted the game to be appreciated in a certain way, with it's rich content, they didn't spend sooo much time trying to perfect it to have it wasted. That's the flaw with most games now, WoW is dead cuz content was just recycled rubbish....

My point is its almost like people are making a massive deal out of it, those exploiting, imo, are ruining the game for themselves. I wanted this Early access so I could absorb all the rich content and story lines, like a sponge. THEN get hardcore at end game.

Just think its sad, day 1; people exploiting/ruining the game.

Maxii, OUT!

Totally agree with you.... its tracked easily by statistics on battlegrounds, timers, and daily quest turn in

Well only mmo worth of trying out, but as this fabulous launch have proven it, seems the "good" part is kinda questionable now also.

Well lets wait a little longer and see what happens, after all what else can we do except wait.