Why does the Cartel sell junk? (Story question)

Hierodule

The cartel sells certain devices that can be used in game for brief periods [emotes]

A fair number of these things malfunction.

The one man band device breaks down and stops.

The HY-G9 vanity chamber malfunctions

The sparring droid blows up

Any others?

I can't think of devices that are current level tech that work right. The drink machine I guess.

Thoughts?

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to provide goods of the highest quality.

As you may have suspected, It's those Evocii workers, the lazy bums always botch their work when you don't keep them on a short leash.

In order to maintain our high quality standards, we will increase the Evocii's daily working time from 16 to 20 hours.

Thank you for shopping with Hutt Cartel

Edited by Mubrak

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to provide goods of the highest quality.

As you may have suspected, It's those Evocii workers, the lazy bums always botch their work when you don't keep them on a short leash.

In order to maintain our high quality standards, we will increase the Evocii's daily working time from 16 to 20 hours.

Thank you for shopping with Hutt Cartel

No, no, the Evocii don't have long term memory enough to realize they're working longer days, only frequent application of motivation technologies works with them. (Hutt Cartel brand shock collars recommended for maximum productivity)

The cartel sells certain devices that can be used in game for brief periods [emotes]

A fair number of these things malfunction.

The one man band device breaks down and stops.

The HY-G9 vanity chamber malfunctions

The sparring droid blows up

Any others?

I can't think of devices that are current level tech that work right. The drink machine I guess.

Thoughts?

Same reason they do now in RL. It's not that they can't make a better longer lasting device, it's that they want it to break down and for you to buy a new one.