The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

weapon designer

• 2 months later...

I, too, would like to swap my weapon as often as I do the rest of my outfit.

I have left many neat looking weapons unpurchased, as going trough the hassle of re-modding and augmenting every time you feel like changing is quite a hassle.

A simple way of making mainhand cosmetic (or offhand if dual-wielder), would be to add a slot with the look you wanted, have the animation and sound register from cosmetic slot, and add box for color crystal, like clothing slots have dye box.

Kinda old thread, but chiming in anyway . . . I would love it if weapons were added to the designer! So many weapons, so few characters, y'know? It is hard to pick just one per character.

Though I admit, my #1 reason for wanting this is so I could "use" a less ideal weapon type without gimping myself. Like, say, having an assault cannon equipped, but putting a blaster rifle in the cosmetic slot. And I suspect this potential is one of the reasons why weapons are not a part of the outfit designer. :(

And I suspect this potential is one of the reasons why weapons are not a part of the outfit designer. :(

More important, I suspect, is the hard-to-resolve(1) question of whether the weapon should be on a separate selector to the armour.

(1) It's hard to resolve, because there will be two main groups of people:

* One group wants it to be a unified selector that selects weapon and armour for a complete look.

* The other group wants a selector for their weapon and a selector for their armour so they can switch one without the other.

It's not easy to resolve both of these.

(1) It's hard to resolve, because there will be two main groups of people:

* One group wants it to be a unified selector that selects weapon and armour for a complete look.

* The other group wants a selector for their weapon and a selector for their armour so they can switch one without the other.

Good point.

I would have been completely ok with just having one weapon option a tab but now that you mention it...

* Maybe have the amount of credits needed to change weapon look in a tab reduced? Not ideal but swapping weapons whenever with current outfit would at least be more affordable like that.

* Or, in the current "normal" equipment tab where your stat gear is, insert a weapon drop menu with cosmetic slots you can scroll trough?

Edited by Kiesu