The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Havoc Squad Helmet - Macrobinoculars

Clarian

Just in case we're ever going to get Havoc Squad armor in the cartel market…

As seen in this image, the helmets sometimes have what the Encyclopedia calls flip-down macrobinoculars.

But as seen in these images, sometimes they don't (or they're retracted or something?).

For what it's worth, personally I'd prefer a version without the binoculars…it just looks cooler to me that way.

Thank you for the first picture, I have no idea where you found it (And in case you have more to share and/or at least a source I would personally be grateful), but I found myself a new desktop background.

Honestly, the one with those visors attached makes more sense, lore wise, if you're in the Havoc Squad. I mean, your unit is from SpecForce division and those units/soldiers usually operate behind enemy lines, do recoinnesance missions before normal infantry gets deployed, and all this kind of cool stuff so that kind of gear is necessary for them to operate like they should. It's hard to see from the little preview image, but even if there's the Republic badge and not the Havoc one on the shoulders, I personally like to think that this variant of the helmet makes the armor more suited for SpecForce units, or Havoc like in our case, rather than generic infantry. But it seems that this speculation is meaningless, I mean.. The image is coming from within the game files, which mean that the armor is already done and included in the game and it has the binoculars on the helmet.

Thank you for the first picture, I have no idea where you found it (And in case you have more to share and/or at least a source I would personally be grateful)

Just a bing image search for "havoc squad armor". :i_biggrin:

Honestly, the one with those visors attached makes more sense, lore wise, if you're in the Havoc Squad.

That may be...I just think this one looks cooler, and I'd rather have it. Though I don't mind if they make both versions available.

• 3 weeks later...