The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A second proper gear tab.

Somewhat similar to the costume designer, this option, unlockable with CC, would add a second gear tab to the character page and allow players to switch between them, at will.

With the streamlined skillprogression and the option to unlock Field Respec, respeccing between classes is relatively simple. Adding a second gear tab would simply allow us to not carry around that extra set of armor, weapons, relics, etc. in the inventory and instead place it in a second tab. Of course, only the bonuses from one tab would be available at a time.

I, myself, would be willing to pay quite a few CCs for such an option... Even if unlocking it was char specific and not legacy-wide. (Not for all my chars, but for those, where it matters.)

With the costume designer in place, it seems to me that most of the mechanics to make such an idea work is already in place. Thus, while there would be some coding involved, it doesn't seem to be a huge undertaking, as it might have been before.

My 2 cents

You mean, you want them to add, as a paying option, something that is free for all characters in fairly grasping pay2win games like Runes of Magic?

(And their "Magic Wardrobe", approximately the equivalent of the Costume Designer in SWTOR, is also free to use (except for using real, non-costume gear, but even then, once you've put the gear in the MW, you can switch to it at will). I'd be willing to guess that they sold a lot more costumes in their cash shop after they released that.)

you're basically asking for dual spec which is probably not going to happen.

you can already have multiple outfits tab. but you want the STATS to swap so from say a pvp set to a pve set at will. or two different pvp sets (tank and a dps set) "at will".

more than likely it won't happen at least the "at will" part. since being allowed to swap quickly especially in a match isn't going to happen. someone queues as tank with tank gear, swaps to dps gear starts bashing on people, then swaps to tank stats when someone attacks him.

at best it would be only outside of warzones/flashpoints which promptly puts a wrench in the "at will" and reason people actually want this.

you're basically asking for dual spec which is probably not going to happen.

you can already have multiple outfits tab. but you want the STATS to swap so from say a pvp set to a pve set at will. or two different pvp sets (tank and a dps set) "at will".

more than likely it won't happen at least the "at will" part. since being allowed to swap quickly especially in a match isn't going to happen. someone queues as tank with tank gear, swaps to dps gear starts bashing on people, then swaps to tank stats when someone attacks him.

at best it would be only outside of warzones/flashpoints which promptly puts a wrench in the "at will" and reason people actually want this.

The Runes of Magic option was always available, but it was meant for storing one gear set for each of your primary/secondary class combinations (well, OK, for each different primary class) and you could only swap your classes around in a specific no-combat situation, so dynamic switching in raids / PvP wasn't an option. I'm not sure how you'd fix it in SWTOR, partly because I haven't used field respec - can that be used during a WZ?

The Runes of Magic option was always available, but it was meant for storing one gear set for each of your primary/secondary class combinations (well, OK, for each different primary class) and you could only swap your classes around in a specific no-combat situation, so dynamic switching in raids / PvP wasn't an option. I'm not sure how you'd fix it in SWTOR, partly because I haven't used field respec - can that be used during a WZ?

no, cannot be used while in combat, pvp is constant combat so no can't respec.

in pve can only do it between bosses.

which is fine, thats allowed, was just the "on demand/at will" that was kind of hard to justify.

no, cannot be used while in combat, pvp is constant combat so no can't respec.

in pve can only do it between bosses.

which is fine, thats allowed, was just the "on demand/at will" that was kind of hard to justify.

Right, so that's your answer, then. You allow gear-set switch in the same situations as you allow field-respec. Most people who use it will be using field respec as well, so hardly anyone will notice the restriction, except the folks who want to use it as a sort of cheesy way to "cheat" about certain things.

You mean, you want them to add, as a paying option, something that is free for all characters in fairly grasping pay2win games like Runes of Magic?

My point is, that I would very much like to have this option.. In TOR, the only way I see for this to viably happen is with a CM purchase. Would I prefer it for free? Naturally. Is that likely to happen? No. Would I then prefer it as a bought upgrade? Yes.

Right, so that's your answer, then. You allow gear-set switch in the same situations as you allow field-respec. Most people who use it will be using field respec as well, so hardly anyone will notice the restriction, except the folks who want to use it as a sort of cheesy way to "cheat" about certain things.

This is exactly what I am hoping to one day see as an option. I am sorry, if I worded it poorly in the OP-post.

And since it is not exactly a dual-spec solution and thus not relying on the devs to change the field-respec mechanics, it shouldn't be impossible to add to the game.. And if it is something that EA can earn money on, and I believe it is, then I don't see it as entirely unlikely for them to add at some point.

Edited by Lord_Robert