The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companion Species Customizations

tmwfte

I would presume that it would only be human companions that this would be possible with, but what about a companion customizations that make them look like a Cathar or a Togruta as a sort of cross-market synergy?

I would presume that it would only be human companions that this would be possible with, but what about a companion customizations that make them look like a Cathar or a Togruta as a sort of cross-market synergy?

Tbh, with the fact Companions have a backstory and all that would make no sense. That's my opinion, at least. ;)

Aspect changes are acceptable, because they don't completely destroy what the Companion is - Mako remains a cyborg girl, Ashara remains a Togruta, Qyzen remains a Trandoshan and so on. But species changes would pretty much throw all their backstory down the thrash can, imho. :eek:

As far as Human comps go, think of Malavai Quinn. Pure Imperial, and proud to be one. Not a Sith Pureblood for lore reasons - Sith Purebloods with no Force Sensitivity are either killed because of shame or thrown where nobody can see them, usually they're slaves or something the like: that makes them exceedingly rare and throws them into what usually is a bad position within the Empire - making it something else than Human would break the character.

Or, think of Risha. You actually meet a very close relative of hers - not going to spoil who he is here, for the sake of story :p - and he's a cyborg. No way to make her become something different than a human without breaking it either.

Third time's the charm, so let's mention another one, shall we? Torian Cadera. Like in Risha's case, you get to meet a very close relative of his during your story, and he's a Human. Making Torian something different would break the character's backstory.

And so on, and so forth. :cool:

So no, I wouldn't think of htat as a possibility, myself. For the reasons I mentioned. But then again, I'm not a Developer, so that may actually happen. Possibly. :rolleyes:

Tbh, with the fact Companions have a backstory and all that would make no sense. That's my opinion, at least. ;)

Sure, it wouldn't work for all of them. You should note, however, at least with Corso, depending on which customization you're using for him, so too does his relative change theirs in the relevant companion quest. It's more work, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

I wish male LI's were as diverse as the female ones. If it were possible I would totally make Quinn into a Chiss, Corso into a Twi'lek, Andronikos into a (republic style) Zabrak, and Felix into a (NPC style not Player style) Togruta. Vector, Torian, and Jorgan can stay the same, the rest I don't care about. It makes as much sense as the existing customzations where the companion looks one way until you recruit them and then they are suddenly completely different (especially Nadia since she's part of the story for a REALLY long time before she becomes a companion). Or like Jorgan not recognizing the player as a Cathar, etc...it's more about the aesthetics imo.