Not receiving Basic Commendations while leveling

Ainhin

Ever since the patch I haven't been able to obtain the 12 Basic Commendations that are supposed to come with each mission completion during the Epic XP Story Boost, making it more difficult to stay geared as I level. Customer service informed me that this is a bug that needs to be corrected with an update.

Not every mission gives comms.

The only thing that was changed is that the missions that DID give comms now give more comms.

Missions that never gave comms before still don't give comms now.

The last official word on this is that it is working as intended.

Edited by Rankyn

The only thing that was changed is that the missions that DID give comms now give more comms.

Yes, these missions are now giving me zero comms across all characters when, as part of the Epic Story Boost event, they would each give 12 before.

Don't know what to tell you.

Every mission that is supposed to give comms (not all of the 12x quests are supposed to) has been giving me 12 comms.

Yes, it is supposed to but is not, hence my bug report. I put in an in-game ticket and was told that it was a bug.

Yes, it is supposed to but is not, hence my bug report. I put in an in-game ticket and was told that it was a bug.

That's just the standard answer for when Customer Service cannot fix something immediately. They either tell you to put it into the suggestions forum or report it as a bug, depending on what it is.

In any case, please add the name of the quest where you didn't get comms as rewards, ideally with a screenshot.

Edited by Jerba

Not every mission gives comms.

Missions that never gave comms before still don't give comms now.

The last official word on this is that it is working as intended.

For accuracy, it should be phrased "Every class mission that gave basic comms now award 12".

People also need to keep in mind that not all the classes award any comms at all, on the starter planets, not before the update and certainly not after.

Also, not every class mission, regardless of level or planet, awards basic comms.

That's just the standard answer for when Customer Service cannot fix something immediately. They either tell you to put it into the suggestions forum or report it as a bug, depending on what it is.

In any case, please add the name of the quest where you didn't get comms as rewards, ideally with a screenshot.

It's every single class quest, across multiple characters and multiple servers.

For accuracy, it should be phrased "Every class mission that gave basic comms now award 12".

People also need to keep in mind that not all the classes award any comms at all, on the starter planets, not before the update and certainly not after.

Also, not every class mission, regardless of level or planet, awards basic comms.

Class quests rewarding 12 Basic Comms each is part of the currently ongoing 12x Story XP event. It's so that you can keep your character geared while leveling exclusively with class missions. These commendations have not been offered to me since the patch, and apparently I am not the only one.

Edited by Ainhin

It's every single class quest, across multiple characters and multiple servers.

Class quests rewarding 12 Basic Comms each is part of the currently ongoing 12x Story XP event. It's so that you can keep your character geared while leveling exclusively with class missions. These commendations have not been offered to me since the patch, and apparently I am not the only one.

I understand what you are saying, and that youre having a problem, I'm not doubting that.

I was just clarifying the exact nature of this as it has been misunderstood how the comms system actually works, and even now, your statement of Class quests rewarding 12 Basic Comms each is part of the currently ongoing 12x Story XP event. is incorrect, or rather, partially correct.

They did not go in and change every class quest reward. In fact, they didnt change anything at all per-say.

As I stated before, what they changed was: In every instance of a class quest that awarded basic comms prior to the 12x XP event, that reward was bumped up to 12 basic comms. So if a particular class quest(there are quite a few) did not reward a basic comm or comms before, they will not reward any comms now.

This is working as intended.

Edited by Mowermanx

So almost every class quest awarding basic comms to zero awarding basic comms after a patch is working as intended huh?

I know that not literally every single class quest is supposed to award basic Comms, but during this event anyone who has actually leveled a character will tell you that you receive them pretty consistently and pretty often. I've been getting zero. Nil. Nada. None. This isn't a case of one or two quests not awarding basic Comms, it's a case of literally none of them awarding basic comms. My Agent isn't getting Comms. My Knight isn't getting Comms. My Bounty Hunter on a server across the Atlantic Ocean isn't getting Comms. Others have reported the same problem, both in-game and in this thread, so the problem is not limited to me. It's a bug, so I both submitted an in-game report and made this thread and am hoping it'll get fixed on Tuesday so that I can get back to leveling.

I am in the same boat, now lvl 15 with no gear, and the only comms I got were from a couple side quests at 1-2 ea. and the "welcome" mail. So lvl 15 in starter gear. Not a fun way to level up. They need to fix this.

I am in the same boat, now lvl 15 with no gear, and the only comms I got were from a couple side quests at 1-2 ea. and the "welcome" mail. So lvl 15 in starter gear. Not a fun way to level up. They need to fix this.

No Class quest on the starter planets offers basic comms. And there's a reason for that. It's call gold farmers.

No Class quest on the starter planets offers basic comms. And there's a reason for that. It's call gold farmers.
Wrong.

As a jedi knight, you get 12 comms at Kalikori Village after completing the storyline mission that has you protect the crops and however you choose to handle Ranna.

It appears to be fixed (at least for new characters on Harbinger) as I just completed Tython with plenty of comms.

Yeah agreed, it is not a bug to not earn any comms on hutta, only class missions that rewarded 2-3 comms previously not increased to 12. i.e. any class mission that did not have any comms reward still don't, infact I did a mission the other day during chapter 3 of the SI story and there were no comms rewards at all.

Well, this seems close to what I"m experiencing, so I'll chime in here.

I started two new characters, a Sith Warrior and a Trooper. The SW left Korriban and went to fleet at L15 with 11 Basic Comms. I did everything on Korriban.

The Trooper left Ord Mantell with more than 40 Comms at L14. I did everything on O.M.

Now, a few different in total could be accounted for by random drops. But, a difference of over 30 Comms suggests that something isn't working correctly.

its probably just an inequality issue from before the comms were increased i.e. some class missions were rewarding comms before the change and some did not.

The game was full of inequalities before examples of this are:-

Ord mantel - 3 heroics granting 3 comms each

Tython - 1 heroic granting no comms just gear

Empire - on Dromund Kaas a heroic that grants a moddable offhand

Republic - No heroic granting moddable offhand (this used to be a bigger issue before the level 7 vendor)

While not quite examples of class missions, my point is that all classes and planets were never equal for whatever reason a coding oversight, miss communication or a design decision, its only because of the increased comms rewards that make these things come to light.

The Trooper left Ord Mantell with more than 40 Comms at L14. I did everything on O.M.

assuming everything also meant heroic quests see above did 9 comms come from the 3 heroics on Ord Mantel as no other starter world offers comms as rewards on heroics.

Edited by Jedi_riches