Question about Leveling Post-50

Bobbyrab

So I'm subscribed and working my way through Makeb quests, just the story quests. From 50-55 I was leveling about once a quest, no doubt via the 12x boost. However, the last two story quests I've finished I haven't received that much of a boost, maybe a couple bars worth...like regular leveling.

The first time I chalked it up to the fact that I didn't have SoR so it was halting my progress. Now, I do have SoR and I just finished a story quest and I didn't get much xp...or at least not like I was getting xp. I just didn't know if there was some mechanic I didn't know about or if Makeb content didn't level far past 55.

Yeah once you're beyond 55 you're back to regular experience. However, using the xp boosts and if you can get the legacy class xp bonus (that works for Rishi+ content) then you should be leveling at a really good speed still.

Yeah once you're beyond 55 you're back to regular experience. However, using the xp boosts and if you can get the legacy class xp bonus (that works for Rishi+ content) then you should be leveling at a really good speed still.

How do you get the legacy class bonus? The normal xp boosts are bought on the CM right?

How do you get the legacy class bonus? The normal xp boosts are bought on the CM right?

Yea open your legacy tab (usually press Y), and the class mission experience is the one you want. I think its 150k for all 3 or something like that.

Yea open your legacy tab (usually press Y), and the class mission experience is the one you want. I think its 150k for all 3 or something like that.

I don't know the cost, but each type of xp boost in character perks consists of 5 levels to unlock. Buy all 5 to get the maximum effect.

Suggest logging out while in an cantina or rest area at all times possible. Also, never bother using the Experience Boost ups with 25% till 55+. Its what I did with all mine so far, saved the boosters till after 55. Legacy boost maxed as well as a guild that gives +10%.

Three characters so far have always been above, and so far, each hit 60 before reaching Yavin 4 still. I do use a boost on two of the three, the third just grouping with another gives xp boost and almost max before even reaching Rishi at this point.

EDIT: Wish I could sell the complimentary xp boosters. Have too many of them sitting around on all 3, and will have them sitting on the next ones.

Edited by rocsharr

EDIT: Wish I could sell the complimentary xp boosters. Have too many of them sitting around on all 3, and will have them sitting on the next ones.

It's because you're saving up however many dozens of hours worth of boost time until your last few hours of leveling playtime.

Personally, any time I've been making use of 12x or 2x (or even just trying to get the most out of a single boost under any circumstances) I'll hold off on accepting mission rewards until I've got 3 pending rewards and I'm just about to get a 4th (it'll stop you and say that you must accept some rewards first before you can continue) and then I'll activate a boost. I get boosted xp on those 4 turn-ins right away and then I've still got the whole hour to head out and continue hitting objectives to collect a few more turn-ins. I think a character I ran on 12x did that all the way through and still finished with at least 2 or 3 (or maybe even more than that) minor complimentary boosts leftover. (And that's just with 12x and the boost item. (And the little bit extra you get from rested xp along the way.) No legacy xp perks. No guild bonus.)

edit: I just ran a character from 22 to 30 and through class story on Taris, Nar Shaddaa, and Tatooine within the life of a single minor xp boost (1 hour) doing what I said above about getting some pending missions before starting the boost.

And I checked, and that character I mentioned has 2 minors and 1 major (5 hours total boost time) leftover at 60.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho