The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition - Save the Montrals!

TheSeventhJedi

I am so happy about the Togrutas its unreal, like thank you so much Bioware omg. All of my characters are now Gruta's :')

I don't quite understand why they didn't use the all the face pattern options the NPC's had in the CC... I mean they're already there, why not use them? I mean obviously have additional ones too, but y'know, it just seemed a bit strange as they already have the assets there.

I know a lot of people are mentioning male lekku length, here's the thing though: In the clone wars, males had shorter lekku, which generally fell to shoulder length, apart from the back one, which fell to about the waist. I was under the Impression TCW was canon (y'know because Disney, I could be wrong though), and if you watch the episodes with the Togruta in, you can tell swtor modelled the Gruta after TCW. (The biggest hint for this is Ashoka's face paint being there, in a similar way to Ventress' being selectable for the Rattataki)

I do kinda wish we could have a selection of Montral shapes and a larger selection of patterns - for male and female. I mean when you consider how many freaking "complexion" sliders there are on the human I don't feel as though that's pushing the boat out too far. Especially considering how dynamic and just plain ****** the males look in TCW.

I also wouldn't put it past them to eventually introduce some packs featuring face paint and montral patterns like they've done with the Mirialan. Maybe even (here's hoping) Montral selections, as I would equate that as being like addittional hair styles. What I'm saying is, it isn't even slightly beyond the realms of possibility.

In any case though, I'm just glad this race is an option. Kudos to you BioWare!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.

I'm getting tired of the TCW card getting pulled out every other page so lets clear some things up with the canon and non-canon anatomy of Togruta. With pictures!

Compared to original SWTOR Togruta NPC models: Why was male Togruta made more TCW friendly, and female Togruta made less TCW friendly?

- pre-Disney male togrutas had longer Lekku, same lenght as shortest females seen. Most female Togrutas had long, over-waist long lekku (same as TOR npcs). It wasnt uncommon to see female Togruta with super long lekku hanging bellow their knees however. Even TCW embraced this old model, by having over-knee lekku for most adult females. Shaaki Ti and adult Ahsoka have only slightly shorter lekku from the generic lady Togrutas of TCW, but still good ways longer than swtor lekku.

Klick here for TCW vs TOR comparsion

It would make absolutely zero sense to make Males more canon from original swtor model and Femaless less canon from original swtor model. As you can see, the original female togruta NPC had longer lekku, closer to those we see in Clone Wars, why did they shorten them for player model togruta is anyones guess if they went for "canon". If you want to argue for canon lengths please look at the canon lenghts before you rise your hands.

The most notable difference in the player model VS TCW models is the back lekku length. While player back lekku is stubby as fuk on both genders, TCW back lekku is REALLY LONG. Same applies to male togrutas in TCW. Back lekku in TCW is always same lenght as front lekku, or even longer than front lekkus for men (which is completely opposite from current player model).

So they either never looked at the existing NPCs and did whatever they pleased to the men, or half-assed the lengths while aiming for canon anyway. So if they cant do canon right they could at-least give us the lekku half player base was expecting already from the NPC looks as an option. Current player male togrutas are a mismatch of god knows what right now.

Edited by Kiesu

• 1 month later...
To push this thread up cause it is REALLY important.

Please add the option for LONG MONGRELS like the FEMALE TOGRUTAS have! Otherwise male togrutas are unplayable because of uglyness.

Thank you. I love my female togruta - she looks exactly like I want her to. Wish I could say the same of my male.

• 3 months later...
I'm just going to take the time to express that I love how vibrant and unique Togruta look as a race. However, I've been stuck remaking character after character because of their giant Mac Tonite heads and how they just don't look quite right to me. They look imbalanced and stumpy. I know it's been repeated ad nauseum and this probably counts as a necro but please for the love of my tired, tired brain please lengthen the male Togruta's lekku. Or at least add in an option for it.

I'll never do a male Togruta character.

It's as simple as that.

And since I don't do female characters as well (as a matter of principle in my online gaming) ... I won't ever do a Togruta character at all.

Because of that, having bought the unlock was the second worst decision I ever did in SWTOR.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer