The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition - Save the Montrals!

TheSeventhJedi

So my male togruta should suffer short lekku becuz of some cartoon network kids show? BS!! just becuz half their f2p playerbase are kids and still drooling over clonewars and coco puffs, doesnt mean the "adult star wars fans" like it too.. give us the option simple.... which btw there are wayyyy to many "ahsoka tano's" in swtor, even the wannabie luke skywalkers and obi-wan's werent this bad when the game first released. since disney took over expect "kid size" everything from here on... it funny how cartoon networks kid show "clone wars" is the star wars bible now... smh

/signed for longer Lekku.

Edited by Alaco

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my male togruta should suffer short lekku becuz of some cartoon network kids show? BS!! just becuz half their f2p playerbase are kids and still drooling over clonewars and coco puffs, doesnt mean the "adult star wars fans" like it too.. give us the option simple.... which btw there are wayyyy to many "ahsoka tano's" in swtor, even the wannabie luke skywalkers and obi-wan's werent this bad when the game first released. since disney took over expect "kid size" everything from here on... it funny how cartoon networks kid show "clone wars" is the star wars bible now... smh

A lot of older Star Wars fans enjoyed clone wars so take your nonexistent knowledge back to your adult swim.

"Adult". :rolleyes:

Same. I enjoyed clone wars and I like the shorter lekku.

Don't get me wrong when I watched that episode arc I was a little hesitant but even when I re watched it a month ago I took into account that the developers could do something like that for the males and I'm glad they did because the long ones would have made male and female togruta look the same minus a few obvious details. But that being said I don't think it's a bad thing to want a customization pack just stop acting like the children you claim to despise.

Personally, I've heard that the Clone Wars cartoon and... the one that comes after it? (I think there's one that comes after it...) Anyway, I've heard that they're pretty good. Have been meaning to get around to watching them sometime myself, just haven't found the time. Point being though, I'm not going to immediately dismiss them just because they're 'cartoons' or made for kids. If they're good, then they're good no matter who they're aimed for.

With the Togruta, yes as I've seen mentioned and shown the males do have short lekku in the Clone Wars cartoon (or one does? Are any other males ever shown?). And yes it is canon from what I've heard (though SWTOR is also not canon, so... ), but a number of people in this thread were requesting the longer lekku as an additional option as well as the short ones that we already have (and having the short option for females would be nice too for those who want to use it to indicate age). I certainly agree with that as I myself would prefer longer lekku for the male character that I would like to make.

When I think about it... A longer lekku option isn't any more silly/non-canon than the option to have glowing white eyes on a human...

I just feel their lekku are one of their most distinguished features, like their painted faces. Twi'leks would look silly if they had their lekku barely reaching their shoulders, because that's simply not what Twi'leks we're used to look like.

I really love that they added this race, but the fact that they made the lekku on the males so short ruins it for me :(. It just looks wrong. The female playable characters still have longer ones (even though they are also shorter than for example Ashara's), so it can't be a clipping or any kind of graphic issue. Seriously, I really, really hope they fix this.

/signed

I'd really like less "wrinkly" montrals. Right now I can't even look at Togrutas, because those wrinkly lumps of meat don't look sexy at all. I thought Ashara's montrals looked nice, shiny and smoonth, not crinkly at all.

In the end, I chose not to make a Togruta. Since I'm excluusively playing characters being the same gender like I have - male in my case - ( and I won't discuss over that habit of mine ) I won't do a male Togruta any time soon, even although I have the species as such unlocked. Edited by AlrikFassbauer

In the end, I chose not to make a Togruta. Since I'm excluusively playing characters being the same gender like I have - male in my case - ( and I won't discuss over that habit of mine ) I won't do a male Togruta any time soon, even although I have the species as such unlocked.

It's unfortunate that you made that decision after your purchase.

Perhaps you should take a cue from C.S. Lewis and stop being so bothered about a "children's" show dictating how a race looks. After all, you are an "adult" right?

Aww thats cute you know how to use google... anywayz you seem to have missed the "adult starwars fan" and i have nothing against kid shows.. but in a game that is not canon at all im getting sick of ppl refering to a "kid show" as the star wars bible, (there were books, movies and comics wayy before the "funsize" disney version) and thus claiming the male lekku's and their current state are set in stone...

while clone wars is the only motion picture thats shows male lekku's in full effect everything in that show is meant to look aesthetically pleasing to a much younger generation.. "funsized". and while i agree it fits the tone of clone wars its quite off setting in swtor, a longer option wouldnt hurt,.. no one is trying to take away yur precious Ashoka Tano fantasy.

Edited by Alaco

I agree. I made a male Togruta, but I would like to see the montrails and Lekku more like the npc Togruta males that were already in the game. The way these new player versions look just seems odd to me. But I think it should be an option to change them. Some people like the way they are, and therefore they should be able to keep it that way.

Aww thats cute you know how to use google... anywayz you seem to have missed the "adult starwars fan" and i have nothing against kid shows.. but in a game that is not canon at all im getting sick of ppl refering to a "kid show" as the star wars bible, (there were books, movies and comics wayy before the "funsize" disney version) and thus claiming the male lekku's and their current state are set in stone...

while clone wars is the only motion picture thats shows male lekku's in full effect everything in that show is meant to look aesthetically pleasing to a much younger generation.. "funsized". and while i agree it fits the tone of clone wars its quite off setting in swtor, a longer option wouldnt hurt,.. no one is trying to take away yur precious Ashoka Tano fantasy.

Well, not to pick at nits, but our Star Wars "Bible" is pretty much anything the story group declares canon.

TCW is canon.

Your "books and commics way before the 'funsize' Disney version" (Disney didn't even make TCW, by the way) are not.

Sooooo.....

If I may ask why would anyone be against more options in an MMO? Even if you do not like long Lekku, why would anyone wish to prevent those that do to have their long Lekku?

Btw, I prefer the shorter lekku, but I am all for more options in an MMO, so /sign.

If I may ask why would anyone be against more options in an MMO? Even if you do not like long Lekku, why would anyone wish to prevent those that do to have their long Lekku?

If you bothered to read the full posts from people we all said we love the length right now but we would be okay if they added more options for other people. So I'm not sure where you're getting the idea of people not wanting it.

Edited by Mathiasstewart

If you bothered to read the full posts from people we all said we love the length right now but we would be okay if they added more options for other people. So I'm not sure where you're getting the idea of people not wanting it.

Oh I did bother, and some people are not interested in adding the option for length because of cannon issues, or personal preference.

This thread in riddled with male with longer lekku is not cannon for male etc... I mean I understand arguing for the sake of arguing but going back and forth seems silly when overall as a community we should all support more options. Or have you glossed over the few posts that out right carry a tone that they are against the option.

Is it too late to weigh in here? I feel like I missed the train since I started my Tog a little late.

So, I'm quite happy with both male and female looks. Yes the male takes a little getting used to but now, after spending some time with it, I think it fits quite well. My Guardian Tog looks mean and helpful if you know what I mean. lol.

As for the customizations. Sure, I would like to see more. Length is only one aspect of it, though. The shape and the way the Montrals are oriented could be fun. And sure, I would like to see longer leku too. But, and here is the caveat, not at the expense of clipping on the front side of the characters. We have enough clipping leku as it is without adding more to that.

TL;DR? More please. Yes, that includes patterns and colors too.

Edited by Rafaman

TL;DR? More please. Yes, that includes patterns and colors too.

I would also like more facepaints and decorations. Since we cant use ANY headgear (not even headbands or jaw cases!? those dont interfere with lekku/montral any more they do on twileks) it would be welcome addition to make your togruta a bit more personalized. Still, Lekku lenght is what keeps standing out to me the most.

Also, I dont know why Togrutas cannot have scars, makes no sense to me.

Edited by Kiesu

I would also like more facepaints and decorations. Since we cant use ANY headgear (not even headbands or jaw cases!? those dont interfere with lekku/montral any more they do on twileks) it would be welcome addition to make your togruta a bit more personalized. Still, Lekku lenght is what keeps standing out to me the most.

Also, I dont know why Togrutas cannot have scars, makes no sense to me.

Agree on all counts. Facial patterns and colors, yes. Adornments, yes, but not a huge deal for me as I am more of a minimalist when it comes to that. Great point about the scars, we could use a weathered veteran look.