We need teleporters in our strongholds.

Sindariel

Oh yeah, I am stupefied by the sheer size of the Yavin Stronghold, and this would help tremendously.

We have Rakatan teleporters all over Belsavis, and Republic has been studying that technology for years now, so surely they could whip out some short range version of that (Empire gets zilch, because they claim teleportation is not possible)

That quest always cracks me up, you just used the teleporter, but the lead IRS scientist claims it is impossible

LOL I got lost and had to use a speeder to go around and find all the doors to unlock - it is a lot of space - maybe that's why the bar at the top of the screen says 'Space' instead of 'Yavin 4'. Edited by DawnAskham

Have yet to buy mine to see where this is possible, but can't you just use fall to your death/exhaustion zone shortcuts? The balconies on the two capital world strongholds are the furthest point from their entrance, Tatooine has an exhaustion zone at the end of that SH and Nar Shaddaa has jump points pretty much everywhere. All are an instant travel to your front door. Edited by CaptMurphy

Have yet to buy mine to see where this is possible, but can't you just use fall to your death/exhaustion zone shortcuts? The balconies on the two capital world strongholds atr the furthest point from theirs, Tatooine has an exhaustion zone and Nar Shaddaa has jump points pretty much everywhere. All are an instant travel to your front door.

It is not about getting to the front door, it is about getting around, like from the front door to the other side of the place.

It is not about getting to the front door, it is about getting around, like from the front door to the other side of the place.

Ohh, so you wanna avoid a situation

Yeah, maybe a panel near the entrance of the major rooms/areas to quick travel to in the SH may work. Kind of like having a list of rooms available similar to the planetary quick travel nodes on the fleet, Ilum, Yavin, etc.

Edited by CaptMurphy

Ohh, so you wanna avoid a situation

Yeah, sort of. Yavin SH is so big and has some nice looking areas, but getting to them takes a lot of time, so they would probably go unvisited...

I think that having ability to plop down a teleporter pad and then link them somehow (not sure if the game could actually handle that) would be great, have quick access to wherever you want, not where developers think...

Yeah, sort of. Yavin SH is so big and has some nice looking areas, but getting to them takes a lot of time, so they would probably go unvisited...

I think that having ability to plop down a teleporter pad and then link them somehow (not sure if the game could actually handle that) would be great, have quick access to wherever you want, not where developers think...

Just spitballing here, but here's what I'm picturing that they would do:

* First, they place a default transporter in a fixed position at each stronghold's entrance or next to the exit terminal.

* They add a transporter decoration (with a limit saying that you can unlock up to 10 of them).

* I'm imagining that it would either be sold by Felusia as the most expensive item she sells (100k each? 250k each?) or it will be at the universal prefab droid for some crazy price (5 of all 3 grades of universal kits per each transporter?) so it can be some sort of money sink to unlock them all.

* Maybe they also code in a placement limit on them (like the one for NPCs, but much lower) so you can't have more than 3 or 4 placed in the same stronghold.

* The code for the decoration would automatically connect it to the stronghold's default transporter. (The default one would act as the hub for the entire network.) So any time you click on any transporter in the stronghold, you'd see a travel map with connections fanning out from the default location to your placed locations.

Hmmm.... Additional suggestion to add to my quickly thrown together idea: They could add a secondary default transporter location in the Nar Shaddaa stronghold that's down on the landing pad. (Maybe add some additional hooks around the edge of the pad as well?) The other one would still be the hub of course. They'd just provide a way to get down without jumping down to it / a way to get up without suiciding / using the stuck command.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Just spitballing here, but here's what I'm picturing that they would do:

/snip

That is sort of what I had in mind, but as I said, not sure if the game could actually handle something like adding custom quick travel points without severe impact of everything...