GW2 > SWTOR, At the moment.

Protocol_PC

I know I probably opened pandora's box here but, I feel like i'm more hyped over HoT for GW2 than KotFE.

I don't know, maybe im just burned out of SWTOR.

Hopefully they do something else, cause a new race wasn't enough to keep me from leaving.

See you guys in October.

/shrug. to each their own?

for all my mixed feelings about fallen empire - i feel no excitement for GW2 expansion at all. part of it is very much the price of it though. but part of it is that everything I'm learning about it makes me go.. meh, I'll wait for a sale. far more so than Fallen Empire. could be burnout. could be the fact that I have an active guild in TOR and shell of a guild in GW2.

/shugs again.

glad you are excited, hope you have fun.

I played GW1 for countless hours over many years.

GW2 I can't play for more than a day of two before i'm bored to tears by the uninspired classes and combat. That game literally does absolutely nothing for me, whatsoever.

GW2 I can't play for more than a day of two before i'm bored to tears by the uninspired classes and combat. That game literally does absolutely nothing for me, whatsoever.

Understandable, it seems what you have for GW2 is what I have for SWTOR. Got 3 toons to 60 and said, you know what. I'm done.

RP is meh.

Guilds in SWTOR are a hit or miss.

Once you max your first toon in SWTOR, everything else just doesn't feel the same.

Although the stories are different, once you wrap your head around the fact that all of them practically follow the SAME exact path, (with some minor differences) you lose interest quickly. (excluding the agent.)

12xp easily ruined the game for new players that quickly make it to 60, the inexperience really shows in HM FPs and ops. Sure you can teach them, but to a seasoned vet, it can be quite annoying especially if you're just on for your dailies.

New packs are decent. Only thing that caught my attention was the mount. Really disappointed that the Tactical Armor (with the HUD) wasn't a completely different set rather than being the same re-skinned infantry armor we've had for over a year now.

GW2 just feels like you're really unlimited to do whatever you want. Work at your own pace. Experiment with what you have, the open world PvE thing really works, the large scale world bosses 11/10. Just everything. Sure I will admit that the PvP is really iffy sometimes and isn't really appealing 90 percent of the time. But I just love it, I will admit, it is nowhere near as good as the first (I happened to play the first too). But, I suppose it's just that nostalgia mixed with a bit of naiveness when it comes to all of the specs in the game.

Understandable, it seems what you have for GW2 is what I have for SWTOR. Got 3 toons to 60 and said, you know what. I'm done.

RP is meh.

Guilds in SWTOR are a hit or miss.

Once you max your first toon in SWTOR, everything else just doesn't feel the same.

Although the stories are different, once you wrap your head around the fact that all of them practically follow the SAME exact path, (with some minor differences) you lose interest quickly. (excluding the agent.)

12xp easily ruined the game for new players that quickly make it to 60, the inexperience really shows in HM FPs and ops. Sure you can teach them, but to a seasoned vet, it can be quite annoying especially if you're just on for your dailies.

New packs are decent. Only thing that caught my attention was the mount. Really disappointed that the Tactical Armor (with the HUD) wasn't a completely different set rather than being the same re-skinned infantry armor we've had for over a year now.

GW2 just feels like you're really unlimited to do whatever you want. Work at your own pace. Experiment with what you have, the open world PvE thing really works, the large scale world bosses 11/10. Just everything. Sure I will admit that the PvP is really iffy sometimes and isn't really appealing 90 percent of the time. But I just love it, I will admit, it is nowhere near as good as the first (I happened to play the first too). But, I suppose it's just that nostalgia mixed with a bit of naiveness when it comes to all of the specs in the game.

most of the above can apply to GW2. the only thing that doesn't is the more open world structure of GW2 and even then - its deceptive. it only really becomes truly open world once you hit lvl 80. otherwise, you are still limited in areas you can go to and what you can do - the game is still level based. and personal story converges into a single unified story much sooner than it does in TOR, and I'm not entirely sure how 8 stories are the same for TOR classes. they end up in the same spot (so you do in GW2), but how you get there is VERY different.

as for leveling too quickly. something for you to consider. I now have two lvl 80ties and soon to be 3. and I only really leveled one of them by playing. the rest? got leveled up through combination of crafting and those xp books you get from logging in daily (plus smaller xp books you get by doing daily pve tasks) even with 12xp - you STILl have to play your specific character to get to max level. in GW2? I can get to max level without leaving Lion's arch (or faction city, but I prefer Lion's arch, especially after remodel) even ONCE.

so.... your preference for GW2? is purely subjective. last few month me personally, all I did was log in for daily rewards and log out. did those new dailies for about a week and gave up. I MUCH preferred the old meta, it had a LOT more flexibility to it.

I know I probably opened pandora's box here but, I feel like i'm more hyped over HoT for GW2 than KotFE.

I don't know, maybe im just burned out of SWTOR.

Hopefully they do something else, cause a new race wasn't enough to keep me from leaving.

See you guys in October.

and yet you are here posting

seems to me you want to be in SWTOR by your own actions

I played 7 years in GW1 but couldn't get past the Beta for GW2. I just didn't like it.

i liked gw2, all except for that damn revive after getting killed thing. i play solo, so getting killed, to sit and kick dirt at something until i actually died, or god forbid i actually got up again to be knocked back down to repeat a few times, annoyed the heck out of me. then you add those that think they are helping that come in, get you up and run off, leaving me there to fall again and wait to die.

hate it

GW2 doesn't have raids.

it has world bosses that spawn on timer. I joined a few pugs for those and well /shrug. too messy, too chaotic for my personal tastes.

GW2 has its moments and /puts flame resistant suit on I actualy enjoyed it more than GW1

I'm just not sure if based on OP's criteria I would objectively call it better than TOR. what it does do objectively better is dye system and to an extent - travel.

nearly everything else, I would say is subjective preference and there is NOTHING wrong with that. kinda the whole point of people of having variety of games so that variety of people could have something they enjoy.

Edited by Jeweledleah

GW2 have a lot of actual MMO mechanics that SWTOR never delivered. The (albeit chaotic) PvP battles in GW2 are of a scale that SWTOR simply can't deliver without going below 10FPS. You can be thirty or more players in GW2 fighting it out and it'll still run fairly well.

The Megaserver make the landscape feel like an MMO with life and activity rather than SWTOR's half singleplayer half MMO.

Of course it's only a picture, but consider this picture http://www.swtor-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/swtor_1920.jpg versus what the game actually is.

That's not to say SWTOR is a bad game but there are core MMO features that SWTOR never got right, and probably never will get right. Whether you think GW2 or SWTOR is best is really up to how much you care about those core features.

Edited by MFollin

GW2 have a lot of actual MMO mechanics that SWTOR never delivered. The (albeit chaotic) PvP battles in GW2 are of a scale that SWTOR simply can't deliver without going below 10FPS. You can be thirty or more players in GW2 fighting it out and it'll still run fairly well.

The Megaserver make the landscape feel like an MMO with life and activity rather than SWTOR's half singleplayer half MMO.

Of course it's only a picture, but consider this picture http://www.swtor-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/swtor_1920.jpg versus what the game actually is.

That's not to say SWTOR is a bad game but there are core MMO features that SWTOR never got right, and probably never will get right. Whether you think GW2 or SWTOR is best is really up to how much you care about those core features.

Them not including the Hero system and those Events really turned me off. Mob vs monster I just couldn't get into it.

I mean, I never said I hated SWTOR, it's just that at the moment, it feels really repetitive (as do all MMOs when you play them for long enough.) I might get on here or there to do my dailies and weeklies, but aside from that, it's not a game that I can play for more than an hour or two at a time. The one thing I will admit that this game has over GW2 is a fantastic and caring community. In GW2 no one cares about you until you get into a guild. SWTOR, theres the forums, random people amongst the planet you're on, and the fleets. Both games are fantastic, just that GW2 is taking more of my time up than SWTOR is. Edited by Protocol_PC

I mean, I never said I hated SWTOR, it's just that at the moment, it feels really repetitive (as do all MMOs when you play them for long enough.) I might get on here or there to do my dailies and weeklies, but aside from that, it's not a game that I can play for more than an hour or two at a time. The one thing I will admit that this game has over GW2 is a fantastic and caring community. In GW2 no one cares about you until you get into a guild. SWTOR, theres the forums, random people amongst the planet you're on, and the fleets. Both games are fantastic, just that GW2 is taking more of my time up than SWTOR is.

understandable. I just think its burnout on your part is all. becasue GW2 is actualy, ironically very repetitive for all its more open nature :p I did find its community what I have encountered to be very decent. could have been lucky, I suppose, but when I'd ask questions in general, they were usually answered and last I tried that stupid new meta, people still tried to call out in general for next event with travel point so people could get their completion.

I have nothing against GW2 - I just.. literally in the exact opposite situation from you when it comes to GW2 vs SWTOR :p

I need to just play GW2 again. I have it and just did not care for the combat or story telling early on. Suppose I need to get far enough to have more abilities to use. Still not a fan of auto-attack.

I wont lie, from lvl 1-15 the game is cancer. Once you can breach that wall, it's an experience worth spending time/money for. :D

The only thing GW2 has going for it is world vs world imo

I've taken a few breaks from SWTOR to play wvw, and whether I'm solo roaming on my thief, running in guild groups of 15-20 (gvgs were a highlight), or even joining the occasional 40-50 person zerg it was a lot of fun.

But that aside, I can't stand every other aspect of that game (it is all legitimately awful) and I'm not spending $50 for an expansion when I would only be playing one part of the game. Especially when all they're doing is adding in some new eotm type maps. What little interest I had left was destroyed when they started talking about specializations, too.

tbh I'm pretty much over gw2 completely

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

I wont lie, from lvl 1-15 the game is cancer. Once you can breach that wall, it's an experience worth spending time/money for. :D

I.. would have to agree :p I actualy liked the game in Beta and preordered.. and then couldn't get past lvl 14. year later - they gave out those level boosts to 20... and its like it became a whole new game for me. for one, it completely opened up several areas, so instead of getting my butt kicked because I ventured in too early for my level - i could just wander along with whatever was happening inside that zone. got my first character to 80 that way, kept playing - with daily meta as a sort of guideline (and a little carrot letting me accumulate achievement points towards milestone boxes while doing whatever I felt like), but still being able to go whenever... and then they changed the meta. PVE meta is now cancer and I just... lost motivation to even finish "been there, done that" even though they removed world vs world area out of it. its like along with making it more structured, they made it TOO structured. (and its no fun trying to get daily events, when the entire damn shard is all zerging them in the same area., let alone trying to level a lowbie in there)

/shrug. maybe in a few months.

GW2 is MMO done right, sure. But it's still an MMO, and i cant' play it for long.

TOR, even if messy, is one of best RPGs done by Bioware. That's why i spend here much more time here then on my poor necromancer.

GW2 is MMO done right, sure. But it's still an MMO, and i cant' play it for long.

TOR, even if messy, is one of best RPGs done by Bioware. That's why i spend here much more time here then on my poor necromancer.

Tor does have some well written stories.

and tbh Lion's Arch was one of the best virtual cities I've ever seen in an mmo or any game for that matter, and then they go and destroy it with some kind of pve I never bothered with because it was probably boring and cheesy....and then they replace it with a giant lobster?

That kind of sums up what I dislike about GW2. They keep changing/destroying stuff that isn't broken, do so in a stupid way, and then whatever they add in its place is just meh in every way. I would be the first to agree with you if you said SWTOR has a slow release of content, but holy crap at least most of what they are doing is actually *new* content.

Be it specializations, lobsters, the changes with fury, the bloodlust they added onto wvw bl, the recent stability changes, and so forth - its the same thing on a constant and endless cycle and I'm not giving them $50 to be a part of it anymore.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly