Ziost Champion Probe Bug

neoraFIVE

Ever since the launch of the Ziost daily area, I've had problems with the Champion probes that sometimes spawn during [DAILY] Looking for Signs. Anytime my Sage healer manages to kill one, I don't receive the data (mission item). Besides the mission item not dropping, I don't receive any credits or Basic Commendations, which are supposed to be a 100% drop.

My Jedi Sage is the only one who is plagued by this problem. I even make sure that he attacks the probe in between heals, but I get the same result. All of my other characters are DPS, so I don't know if this is class or spec/discipline specific, but it seems like it may be.

Specifics: Xa'anar is a Jedi Consular who is spec'ed as a Jedi Sage of the Seer (healing) discipline.

I'm tired of running away from fights when Champion probes spawn, since it's a waste of effort for this particular character to even kill them. Any help would be appreciated.

Can confirm, this has been broken ever since the daily area released on May 4th: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8181169

However, it is not always bugged. Sometimes, the probes do count toward the achievement and drop loot but not always. I haven't found out yet what's causing it to bug out.

I've had all 4 of the achievements since release, I'm just not receiving ANY drops whatsoever from Champions when doing the daily.

Edited by neoraFIVE

I've had all 4 of the achievements since release, I'm just not receiving ANY drops whatsoever from Champions when doing the daily.

Well, the two things are connected. If a probe is bugged, it won't drop loot (including the quest item) and it doesn't count toward the achievement. They are not always, but fairly often bugged.

Back when you got those achievements, you should have received loot from those probes though.

Edited by Jerba

Strange.

I can, hand on heart say, that my Sage has never NOT got all the rewards that go with the champion probes.

Could have been lucky I guess, but I've never encounted a bugged probe and my main character is a sage, so she has done that mission a fair few times.

Strange.

I can, hand on heart say, that my Sage has never NOT got all the rewards that go with the champion probes.

Could have been lucky I guess, but I've never encounted a bugged probe and my main character is a sage, so she has done that mission a fair few times.

Is your Sage a healer like mine?

It works fine for my Republic Trooper and Sage, but my Sith Warrior is never able to loot those mobs. Additionally, they seem to pop up with much greater regularity than the standard gold recon droid.

• 1 month later...
Oddly, I have found you have to stay pretty close to the droid to get it to drop loot. Anytime I get over 15m (around 15m, don't think it is exact) away from the droid, I get no loot and no credit IF it self destructs... If I stay inside the AOE if it self destructs or if I kill it completely, I have no problems...

Oddly, I have found you have to stay pretty close to the droid to get it to drop loot. Anytime I get over 15m (around 15m, don't think it is exact) away from the droid, I get no loot and no credit IF it self destructs... If I stay inside the AOE if it self destructs or if I kill it completely, I have no problems...

It wasn't an issue for me, the character that managed to complete this achievement was a commando so I was keeping my distances. On the other hand my scoundrel who was in melee range had never been able to unlock anything.

Edited by demotivator