<Delusions of Grandeur> is (always) recruiting!

kunderam

Currently recruiting for Tuesday raid team see below

Who we are:

From our guild charter (the entirety of which can be found here):

“Delusions of Grandeur seeks to provide those gamers who play with passion only after managing real life commitments the chance to pursue gameplay objectives in an environment absent elitism and tyrannical leadership, but rather characterized by friendliness, positivity, and support.”

TL;DR version: We’re a PvE-focused, Real-Life-First Guild on the Republic side

Who we’re looking for: Players of all playstyles and experience levels are welcome, and we have the usual guild amenities (10% XP bonus, guild ship, Discord, etc.). That said, The social aspects of the guild tend to revolve around group PvE activates, whether that be scheduled operations or pick-up Flashpoint/uprising groups. Endgame PvE is where the guild “happens,” really, so players interested in these activities tend to get the most out of membership.

Operations: We have two set raid teams, running Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Our Tuesday group has a spot open for a tank or dps. This group has been gearing up through various Veteran modes (HM), and will be progressing through Veteran Gods of the Machine as the bosses are released. You’ll need solid knowledge of your class, good raid awareness, and some general raiding experience in swtor or other games. Specific fight knowledge is awesome, but not necessary; we’re happy to take on a fun, team-player and show them the ropes. Likewise for gear – most of the team is in good shape, so we can get you squared away quickly if need be. The team runs 7:30-9:30 Pacific

In addition to these positions, as a Real-Life-First Guild, both teams often needs subs. We’d also like to reinvigorate open-sign up raids if there’s an interest. The upshot is: if you want to raid, you’ll have an opportunity to do so more weeks than not. We love taking on challenging content, but our philosophy is that your

should be as much fun as your

Imperial Sister guild: We have one. It’s called Delusional. There’s even a flagship. But, tbh, it’s kinda dead over there. 5.x has made for a lot of lonely alts (/smiles apologetically at my imperial toons now relegated to crafting slavery). But if you want a place to park your imp toons and take advantage of XP bonuses and such, we’ve got ya covered.

How to join: Fill out an application on our website, here. Your application will be submitted to a review board, where you will be scrutinized and ridiculed in absentia, as well as scored along various psychometric parameters and for grammatical correctness. If deemed to be possibly acceptable, we will then ask for several references, combat logs, and the rights to your first born child.

Actually, none of that will happen. Don’t stress about the app – it’s not at test of your worthiness. It serves two main functions: 1) To let our members know a little bit about you, so we can begin associating your toon name with a real person and 2) to ensure you have access to our forums, where most of our activities are organized.

Note: If you are interested in one of the raid team spots, please indicate that in your app so we can set you up with a trial run as soon as possible.

More info or Questions: Explore our website, http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com, or shoot me a PM.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by kunderam

Delusions will be hosting our inaugural Fika night on Monday!

What, you may ask, is a Fika? Well, the wiki article is here, but it's basically a coffee break - the Swedish version of water-cooler chat, except prescheduled.

Our particular manifestation of it is detailed here.

Joining a new guild can be a little bewildering, and even long-time members can find themselves interacting mostly with their raid team and as result not having much of clue who the rest of their guildies are beyond their toon names. This is a great way for members new and old to hang out and get to know each other amidst some in-game shenanigans. Grab a beer from the fridge and join us!

Our first Fika night was a great success! 9 inititates teamed up with 5 of us Old-timers to hang out, chew the fat, get to know eachother, and kill some stuff. Some of us paid a visit to the "super secret bonus boss" at the bottom of the Eternity Vault, some us got all fratricidal and "rescued" a guildie or two into the lava in Garj's cavern, and we all had a great time. More info here. We'll be reconvening next week.

Also, (sadly) we're getting close to the end of summer, and a few of our raid teams will emerging from their hiatuses (hiatusi?) soon, and will likely be looking for some new team members. This is a great time to join us!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We’ll be starting a new weekly open sign-up raid on Wednesdays, starting in September! We’ll be adding more of these if there’s interest.

Also, Fika night – our weekly social event– will be heading to the imperial side twice in September. These have been a lot of fun so far, and we’re looking forward to hanging out on the Dark Side.

Join us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Delusional Outlanders!

We’re excited for the expansion, and particularly the renewed relevance of some of the old content, where Soa will once again be infernal, and the various Kephesses will be even more Kephessy than ever, and we’re looking for more to join us!

Here’s what we’ll be up to as we greet 4.0:

Progression Raids:

We have three progression teams at the moment, 2 pub side and 1 imp side. We’d love to add to that if there’s interest. Once KotFE is live, we’ll be running through the SM content to re-gear, and then moving back to HM. As to what path that HM raiding will take, who knows! We’ll probably be doing a mix of old and “new” (i.e. Rav & ToS). These teams have set rosters for the moment, but we are frequently in need of subs. Permanent spots do open up from time to time as well when people’s schedules change, etc. Pubside raid times: Tuesday, 7 pm PDT and Saturday, 5 pm PDT. Impside: Thursday, 7pm PDT.

Leisure Raids:

We also run open sign-up raids. The main time for these is Wednesdays, 7 pm Pacific. With the changes coming in KotFE, these will likely be whatever the highlighted groupfinder op is for that day, although its always up for suggestions/discussion. If you’re new to raiding but want to join in, that’s not a problem – we have experienced raiders who can explain mechanics and a fun-first mindset. This is a great way for new raiders to cut their teeth and for experienced raiders to have some fun, gear alts, etc.

Want to learn more? Check out our website, http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com or shoot me a PM with any questions.

Want to join? Fill out an app here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you . . .

A new player looking to learn the ropes in Operations?

We have a weekly open sign up raid on Wednesday nights, which is a great opportunity for new players to try their hand at ops, and for more experienced players to try out new roles and simply have some fun.

A New-ish/Returning player/grizzled veteran looking to step in to HM/NiM ops?

We currently have two progression teams running HM or NiM content. Since we are a real-life-first guild, these teams are often in need of subs, and all are welcome to join us - there’s no double-secret list of approved raiders deemed worthy to partake of our awesomeness. If you have appropriate gear and want to take on more challenging content, you’ll have an opportunity. We’d also love to stand up an additional team if there’s interest.

Want to know more? Explore our website or PM me with questions.

Ready to join? Fill out an application here.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just got back in to the game from back when it first launched so I'm learning all the new stuff, but I'm on your server and will be looking for a guild. Had to make a new account because I couldn't remember my old password and didn't have my security key :(

Best times are evenings, from around 6 to 9 or so Pacific. Lots of us are playing ME:A this week, so might be a little more difficult than usual – if nothing else, our raid teams run Tuesday and Saturday nights, so there will definitely be folks on then. Feel free to PM me with any questions.