Class for Togruta

Jazzyruf

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is weird how it worked out, but the only AC I have yet to make is a Sentinel. I will not, however, make an Ahsoka, Ashara or Shaak Ti clone, if I can help it. I fear the creation options will be very limited. More so than any other species.

I'm on the brink of making another Commando - a thing I wanted to do for months now - and I'm quite sure that he will become a Togruta. :D

I just wanted to have a DD Commando, I already have a Healer Commasndo (which I rarely use in FPs, though).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hi all

The Totrugas look really... japanese, dont you think? Perhaps not the "look" as it is, but the fact they are "social", against all kind of individualism.

Even Ahsoka's name stands clearly for "ah! Sooka?" hehe :D

When is this new race released? in the near future?

I'm going to do two new characters. A male Sage, since I have two Shadows. Was going to do a Guardian since I like playing the Guardian I already made, but I think I'm going to save starting a new Guardian for KoTFE.

The other will be a female to be made for my wife and daughter, so will probably be going Sentinel/Ashoka clone route.

Hi all

The Totrugas look really... japanese, dont you think? Perhaps not the "look" as it is, but the fact they are "social", against all kind of individualism.

BS. Read here for better understanding : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashoka

Besides, the name Shaak Ti comes from Shakti. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti

BS? how friendly.

Was just giving my opinion, and your link doesnt provide any 100% evidence neither, just an opinion aswell.

Besides, it is Ahsoka and not Ashoka. Aa sou ka? / Aa soo desuka? is clearly japanese. Even Tano is a common japanese family name. Maybe it's you who have to read things for better understanding, my friend.

And drop your aggressiness or pseudo I know eveything elitism with me.

And when are those planned to be released?

Edited by Draksen

Hi all

When is this new race released? in the near future?

Or perhaps a reference to the Indian Emperor, Ashoka.

Their names even are close to Indian/Hindu names.

Edited by Darturion

BS? how friendly.

Was just giving my opinion, and your link doesnt provide any 100% evidence neither, just an opinion aswell.

Besides, it is Ahsoka and not Ashoka. Aa sou ka? / Aa soo desuka? is clearly japanese. Even Tano is a common japanese family name. Maybe it's you who have to read things for better understanding, my friend.

And drop your aggressiness or pseudo I know eveything elitism with me.

And when are those planned to be released?

You can believe what you want... but any expo has pointed to the Hindu leanings. Hinduism (Or I should say Eastern Philosophy) has always been about the Whole being greater than the Individual.

If you read the Wiki you'll find his name is better understood as Asoka in Hindi (The First Buddhist Leader of the World).

Edited by Darturion

It is weird how it worked out, but the only AC I have yet to make is a Sentinel. I will not, however, make an Ahsoka, Ashara or Shaak Ti clone, if I can help it. I fear the creation options will be very limited. More so than any other species.

More limited than Cathar? Is that actually physically possible? (I kid... except not really, can we get a little Cathar customization love?)

I think I'll be making a Togruta Agent, mostly just because IA and SW are the only classes I don't already have multiple of (or multiple multiples in the case of Smugglers, Inquisitors and Consulars), and I don't really want another Warrior.

I'm just trying to decide on personality, alignment, and whether to go Operative again or Sniper this time.

My main Togrutas will be Saboteur Gunslinger and Bodyguard Mercenary. I've been holding off on BH and Smug stories until I could play them as Togruta. I've only had to wait 3 years! XD

Aside from that I will be replaying the Agent story because I loved it so much when I was doing it on my main! And that gives me an excuse to try Sniper for the first time. Two birds with one stroke! EFFICIENCY!

I'm reserving Trooper and LS Knight for when Nautolans come out. Soooo... in another 3 years? n_n

Edited by imissleeches

BS? how friendly.

I'm always surprised how few people realize what the roots of the names of the movies are. There is so much that I'm always surprised that people just don't see it.

And to say it sounds like that is like spreading false information to me.

I must admit, though that I don't know about Japanese family names - but you do know that Kuat Drive Yards Tactical FP boss names Krupp ?

I do know where his name comes from ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I'm always surprised how few people realize what the roots of the names of the movies are. There is so much that I'm always surprised that people just don't see it.

And to say it sounds like that is like spreading false information to me.

I must admit, though that I don't know about Japanese family names - but you do know that Kuat Drive Yards Tactical FP boss names Krupp ?

I do know where his name comes from ...

George Lucas does use Japanese elements (Obi-Wan Kenobi) and when Luke uses the mask thing, it is very similar to Samurai training. That's actually the inspiration for the Lightsabers.

However, in this case, it's pretty on record to be Hindi as to Tano *shrugs* I've not seen anything to explain the choice.

It is also a Hindi word though:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070101034201AANXqFq

And a Ghana name (Africa).

Edited by Darturion

After the race release and having a good look at it I decided not to buy it. I thought the Cathar were the ugliest race in SWTOR, but man was I wrong! Or to be direct, I am very disapointed in the result of the race design. Heck, why did BioWare needed almost 12 years to develop the race? And this was really the result? :mad:...

Wonder if there are another people thinking the same.

After the race release and having a good look at it I decided not to buy it. I thought the Cathar were the ugliest race in SWTOR, but man was I wrong! Or to be direct, I am very disapointed in the result of the race design. Heck, why did BioWare needed almost 12 years to develop the race? And this was really the result? :mad:...

Wonder if there are another people thinking the same.

12 years? Wut?

There are 12 years since I've first heard of SWTOR. Back then it was one of the first informations about the game wich started to be under developement. And back then Togruta was an idea the dev's spinned around.

The thing really bothering me is, that they only copy and pasted the faces and the entire model from the humans. Only the hearpiece is "new". And who wants to really belive they needed at least 3 years to fix this minor model part? Anyway, why would somemone pay for this bad copy&paste work? Comparing the Togruta with the Cathar (which I actually don't like as a race), at least you can recognise some good design work made for the Cathar.

There are 12 years since I've first heard of SWTOR. Back then it was one of the first informations about the game wich started to be under developement. And back then Togruta was an idea the dev's spinned around.

The thing really bothering me is, that they only copy and pasted the faces and the entire model from the humans. Only the hearpiece is "new". And who wants to really belive they needed at least 3 years to fix this minor model part? Anyway, why would somemone pay for this bad copy&paste work? Comparing the Togruta with the Cathar (which I actually don't like as a race), at least you can recognise some good design work made for the Cathar.

Here is how game development works:

a)A bunch of developers toss out a lot of things they think might be cool.

b)Someone from marketing sticks his head in, and says, “We have to start hyping this! What’s cool about it?”

c)They toss him the list and hope he goes away. He feeds the list to the press.

d)Over the course of years, each idea on the list is evaluated for practicality, fun, and so on. One by one, they fall into “Not for release” or “Not ever”. Meanwhile, the initial PR is flying all over the net, preserved forever by rabid fanboys who have dedicated their entire existence to a game they have never seen and which might never come out.

e)Eventually, the game ships, and people start wailing about how they were “lied” to. Then they glom on to some other barely-announced game and repeat the cycle.

Any actual work on playable Togruta started after Cathar.

Also, 12 years ago, sure, those were some early writing concepts at best, not actual coding or graphics.

You don't want it, don't buy it. It is basically "free" to subscribers, with the price set to be exactly one month stipend.