hope this game dont die:(

rushx

im loving this game

i cant understand why there is so many people whining about it in this forum

maybe its like Marmite you either love it or hate it.

i can see alot of patches making this game perfect, people just need to be patient and stop being spoiled brats :D

im loving this game

i can see alot of patches making this game perfect, people just need to be patient and stop being spoiled brats :D

Check the server status and see ifs is dying.

but its free to play now lol

No it's not.

Level 1-10 is an unlimited trial.

But the actual Warhammer Online is DEAD and they're still charging people for it, Mythic is working on another game using the Warhammer IP that will be free to play, but it's just a mindless pvp game with 4 abilities per class.

I don't think this game will ever die until Lucas Arts pulls the plug however I do worry that it won't meet EA's most likely ridiculous targets and they pull a lot of the funding for future updates.

I agree that this game is amazing however I do still believe it's a work in progress and it's going to take a little while longer before it's "complete" if you will.

Edited by Senden

this game isn't going to die any time soon don't worry.

the bulk of players never go to the forums, and the ones that do are about 5% happy well adjusted humans, and the rest are about 90% complainers that hate everything.

what;s the remaining 5% you may ask?

employees of other game companies trying to sabotage the community cause they have no other way of possibly competing with this product.

My advice is don't read the forums, go to any other mmo's forums and the general discussion section is exactly the same, morons crying about everything under the sun instead of just shutting up and cancelling their subscriptions and leaving us in peace.

Why do they not just do the sane thing if they are so unhappy and cancel and leave? because despite all their rants they know it's a fantastic game and can't put it down either.

Unfortunately the average forum complainer is a self entitled noob that doesn't think ahead, has no concept of patience and can't be bothered to read anything longer than a paragraph. They are misinformed on many topics, and unable to frame even the most basic ideas and questions without stringing in terms like bad, fail and ***.

The only solace you can take is community managers, designers, and developers have become very skilled in the last decade in filtering out the noise, and addressing legitimate reasonable concerns and feedback.

Lol, you really shouldn't pay attention to the naysayers. I don't want to make a blanket statement such as "they are only a very small population of the game", but in a way it's true. The people who love the game and are happy with the purchase are busy playing it, and the people who are angry due to some reason or another tend to vent their rage through the boards. I've played way too many MMOs for my own good, and it's basically the same on every single forum. There will always be people who are very negative, but that doesn't reflect on how well a game is doing. It's clear that while this game has problems, it is a very fun and polished product, and with constant updating, it can only get better. :p

No it's not.

Level 1-10 is an unlimited trial.

But the actual Warhammer Online is DEAD and they're still charging people for it, Mythic is working on another game using the Warhammer IP that will be free to play, but it's just a mindless pvp game with 4 abilities per class.

5 Abilites. They should just add another 5 abilities, so nobody can talk. Guild Wars 2 is only 10 abilities and everyone seems excited. (But i think a lot of people will be dissappointed badly when they face it, at least the people i know thinks it will have 40-50 abilities on action bars.:confused: )

the bulk of players never go to the forums, and the ones that do are about 5% happy well adjusted humans, and the rest are about 90% complainers that hate everything.

employees of other game companies trying to sabotage the community cause they have no other way of possibly competing with this product.

My advice is don't read the forums, go to any other mmo's forums and the general discussion section is exactly the same, morons crying about everything under the sun instead of just shutting up and cancelling their subscriptions and leaving us in peace.

Why do they not just do the sane thing if they are so unhappy and cancel and leave? because despite all their rants they know it's a fantastic game and can't put it down either.

Unfortunately the average forum complainer is a self entitled noob that doesn't think ahead, has no concept of patience and can't be bothered to read anything longer than a paragraph. They are misinformed on many topics, and unable to frame even the most basic ideas and questions without stringing in terms like bad, fail and ***.

The only solace you can take is community managers, designers, and developers have become very skilled in the last decade in filtering out the noise, and addressing legitimate reasonable concerns and feedback.

Did you ever stop to think that the people on the forums whinging don't do it out of hatred/bitterness/whatever other negative thing you can muster but out of their love for the game? When I come on and complain about anything, I do so because of how much I'm enjoying the game and how I want my experience to be better.

nice read :D

i wish there wasnt any forums soemtimes i think games would be more successful without them atleast until month 2

im loving this game

Some of us (not sure how many) But I myself complain because I love the game I'd just like them to fix a few issues that make the game a little less fun then it should be. A healers companion not assisting the tank for example when in a group.

im loving this game

Its not A BUNCH of people.. sure there are probably alot of people that don't like "everything" about the game

But if you look at those posts its the same people starting them over and over, and the same people replying to make it appear like its more people then it actually is.

they all start threads, that are basically the same thing, in pretty much every area of the forums, with slightly different titles in the subjects.

Edited by Shammus

im loving this game

It's not "so many" people. It's a few miscreants that go from thread to thread making posts that spew opinionated venom because the game wasn't personally crafted to their myopic view of what an MMO should be. Trolls who will either disapear in less than a month, or have zero credibility because they will have started subscribing.

why cant bioware add a "whine section" to the forums so they can post all there whines there?

Dont get me wrong i have whined about queues , which i think is a legitimate whine.

but all the this game sucks because of X or this game sucks because it doesnt have X threads should have its own section imo :p

Edited by rushx

I don't think it will "Die", I just don't think it will live up to it's full potential, it will be another game like SWG and WAR that was mismanaged so badly it barely makes a profit. It will be a "failure" that scares investors away from the genre (MMORPGs) so we won't see alot of competition ...which is bad for the consumer, the bar gets set lower.

WoW did so well, not because it was "great", but because the competition was that bad. The industry as a whole needs to change the way they produce these games, they all have the same flaws that generally are not liked by the customer base. They seem to imate the worst qualities of past games and make the same mistakes over and over again.

Don't worry , for those of you who love this game it will be around for years to come.

Did you ever stop to think that the people on the forums whinging don't do it out of hatred/bitterness/whatever other negative thing you can muster but out of their love for the game? When I come on and complain about anything, I do so because of how much I'm enjoying the game and how I want my experience to be better.

There are those. And then there are those whose content is one or two sentence railing about how "epic fail" the game is and how it will be F2P in less than a month. And they do it over and over again like Don Quixote.

I've been here since the forums started pretty much, and I can assure you the volume of people that are even in these forums is infinitesimal to what it was prior to release, which means the great majority of the players have nothing to say.

There is nothing in this world, no product, that has universal acceptance. There will always be people that hate it no matter how well crafted, or how well designed, simply because it runs contrary to their sense of aesthetics. I appreciate. Like anyone I appreciate constructive criticism. What I don't appreciate, and what I'll rhetorically defend against, is people who claim such hatred for the product, but insist that it isn't good enough for them to find something better to do, but that they should try to convince as many others as possible to agree with them. When I hate a game I don't bother going to the games forums to say what a piece of crap it is. I just lament to myself having wasted my money, Dead Space, and move on.

I honestly wish they would add a like and dislike button to allow players to down rank posts they read, or boost ones that deserve dev attention.

some of the more vocal sociopaths that vent non stop in the forums would find out pretty quickly just how little regard normal rational players have for their endless repeated crying threads.

I do, as I said in my posted reply you quoted, I'd classify those in the 5% of people that complain in a more civil and constructive way. I don't consider anyone who brings up a legitimate issue in a concise and civil manner to be a complainer at all, just a thinker.

It's the people that use terms like "epic fail" and insult and berate others that ruin the good healthy criticism that any creative product requires to evolve and become better.