The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Rebels and the missing Clones

Trintric

Maybe this has been spoken of before, but I can't find it searching. Too many results.

So here's my question; Rebels takes place 14 years after Episode 3. 14 years isn't that long, so what happened to the Clones? All the Troopers have different voices. None sound like the Clones and there were a LOT of Clones. So where are they?

I'm really super hoping that all the Clones deserted the Empire and became Rebels, because that whole Order 66 thing kinda makes that make no sense at all.

"Oh gee guys, sorry we shot you all in the back, but gosh we'd really like to join the rebellion" No. No no no.

So any ideas?

The Clone Troopers used by the Republic had accelerated aging, and while there are explanations in Legends, there are none yet in Disney cannon. Though, from the looks of it, they seem to have not forgotten about it due to them including Rex and him already looking quite elderly.

Tell me, how effective would an army of elderly people be vs young people who are essentially beyond count in the Galaxy? I mean, the Clone Troopers were very effected, incredibly so, but they do have their draw backs, such as the previously mentioned accelerated aging, which is a blessing and a curse. It allows them to still get the training they needed, while also maturing much faster than most organics. However, it is quite difficult to... 'switch off' meaning that they also have a much shorter life span than the normal human.

Depending on the angle they go with, they merely could of all died except for a select few. Or they could of deserted, or perhaps they make up the more elite legions such as the 501st.

We simply do not know at this point what route they are taking. :( :( :(

I see. I knew they were accelerated to adulthood, but I didn't know they just kept aging faster their whole lives. I never read any of the books or other formerly-canon sources. Thanks Edited by Trintric

Seems to me that all Clones save except Rex n the ones he is with, are the exception to not following Order 66. Unless later on we get like some sort of underground Clone resistance too which would be just....no.

Also Sil, the accelerated aging thing is canon from Ep 2.

INT. TIPOCA CITY, CLONE CENTER, CLASSROOM - DAY

The tour continues through a classroom filled with IDENTICAL YOUNG BOY CLONES.

OBI-WAN

You mentioned growth

acceleration...

LAMA SU

Oh yes, it's essential.

Otherwise, a mature clone would

take a lifetime to grow. Now, we

can do it in half the time. Those

items you saw on the parade ground

were started ten years ago, when

Sido-dyas first placed the order,

and they're already mature...

- Taken from AoTC Script

They were 20 years old, just from 10 years.

HUNDREDS OF CLONES who look exactly alike, all about twenty years old, dressed in black. They are seated at tables, eating
Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Seems to me that all Clones save except Rex n the ones he is with, are the exception to not following Order 66. Unless later on we get like some sort of underground Clone resistance too which would be just....no.

Also Sil, the accelerated aging thing is canon from Ep 2.

They were 20 years old, just from 10 years.

I meant no explanation as to what happened to the Clone Troopers in Disney cannon currently Wolf, I am well aware that the clone aging is mentioned in Episode 2, though I was saying how it was reassuring that the 'Rebels' team did not forget that fact.

Somehow, I knew you would show up and correct me. Maybe I should just leave these threads for you instead of having to be corrected. :p

But then, they could of mentioned it in one of the new books... Bah... I need to start reading again. :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo

I meant no explanation as to what happened to the Clone Troopers in Disney cannon currently Wolf, I am well aware that the clone aging is mentioned in Episode 2, though I was saying how it was reassuring that the 'Rebels' team did not forget that fact.

Somehow, I knew you would show up and correct me. Maybe I should just leave these threads for you instead of having to be corrected. :p

But then, they could of mentioned it in one of the new books... Bah... I need to start reading again. :rolleyes:

Ah. I see, also yes it has been explained, the Clones were still accelerating through aging and replaced with regular humans. It was on a liveblog, which of course the article link doesn't send anywhere. But according to the new Ultimate guide it does say that Stormtroopers are regular people.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ah. I see, also yes it has been explained, the Clones were still accelerating through aging and replaced with regular humans. It was on a liveblog, which of course the article link doesn't send anywhere. But according to the new Ultimate guide it does say that Stormtroopers are regular people.

Note to self, keep track of star wars related blogs more closely...

Note to self, keep track of star wars related blogs more closely...

Now that said, hopefully writers have actually have brains and use them correctly in depicting Stormtroopers as elite troops. They've done good thus far by the guide, the OT has done good. Rebels....sort of, so here's hoping comics and novels will depict them as such too.

I'm still hoping also Imperial Army Troops/pilots come back into the canon too.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Didn't they make a serum to stop the accelerated aging in the EU?

That was for Boba and tbh it was rather stupid writing too because he was having all these effects such as cancer and all other sorts of problems, then boom a magic needle comes out and cures him just so he could live longer.

That was for Boba and tbh it was rather stupid writing too because he was having all these effects such as cancer and all other sorts of problems, then boom a magic needle comes out and cures him just so he could live longer.

Huh, weird. I recall the ARC's and Republic Commandos receiving it.

I'm only recalling Boba ever receiving any needle...plus other sources say they phased out the cloning due to actual humans being better as far as lasting longer and the like.

no he's right, it was something Karen Travis made so that her clone characters wouldn't have to deal with the accelerated aging. this way she could write about her mary sues well into the EU!

no he's right, it was something Karen Travis made so that her clone characters wouldn't have to deal with the accelerated aging. this way she could write about her mary sues well into the EU!

Yeah I just read through the 501st novel, but other than that I'm not seeing where they were able to stop the aging. Unless there was another novel?

Because it's not said in the 501st novel that they recieved any treatment unless I've overlooked it. Just that Kal had hoped that Kina would be able to do it.

It was stupid because Boba didn't need it. He was an unaltered clone of Jango, per the contract. This is why in AoTC he's still a kid and the other clones are all growed up. :p

It was stupid because Boba didn't need it. He was an unaltered clone of Jango, per the contract. This is why in AoTC he's still a kid and the other clones are all growed up. :p

Ya I know, disregard that aging bit wasn't remembering correctly. Even still he had all these bodily problems and then boom, no more.

Yeah I just read through the 501st novel, but other than that I'm not seeing where they were able to stop the aging. Unless there was another novel?

Because it's not said in the 501st novel that they recieved any treatment unless I've overlooked it. Just that Kal had hoped that Kina would be able to do it.

IIRC one of her legacy of the force novels implied it.

I, uh...Actually really like her Characters. :o Does that make me a bad person?

I, uh...Actually really like her Characters. :o Does that make me a bad person?

No, I love them too. Honestly I think the people who hate her are merely jumping on a Bandwagon at this point.

It wasn't just for Boba, it saved any and all clones they could get too. Boba's issues were solved by a modified version of the serum I think (don't quote me on that)

So... uh... Hows about Timothy Zahn inventing a brilliant tactical genius that comes literally out of nowhere to provide the galaxy with a new Big Bad.

Q) Oh, and how'd he get all technology he needed?

A) Well the Emperor stored all his toys in a single mountain... Handily the cloning cylinders and stealth tech was there...

See I can play the "dumb down an interesting and complex storyline" game as well.

Seriously... the argument that a writer makes stuff up to save characters / develop a plotline / or create drama is a part of storytelling. If you remember it took a long period of searching (all the while developing Skirata, Vau, and Ordo's relationship while exploring a galaxy at war) before they could track down Ko Sai. From there Traviss used Ko Sai as a tool to further display the other character's traits and behaviors in the face of the one who created them... It is a compelling storyline to acquire the research that they can use to develop a cure.

And if you had bothered to read the books you'll see that they explain what is wrong with the clones and how it fixes them. Had she said, "and the Mandalorians provided a box with a syringe and Boba injected it into himself and was cured!" I'd agree but that isn't how it went.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I guess that's why in AotC, the stormtroopers were at least respectable at shooting, and in Ep. 4+ they can't seem to hit the broad side of anything at all.

I guess that's why in AotC, the stormtroopers were at least respectable at shooting, and in Ep. 4+ they can't seem to hit the broad side of anything at all.

Ok Clones in AotC-ROTS, ANH-ROTJ were Stormtroopers.

You also didn't apparently watch the movies right, because you have scenes of Stormtroopers making far more impressive and accurate shots than any Clone Trooper did in the movies.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

One thought keeps occurring to me about the accelerated aging through adulthood - and yeah, this is just way out of left field, I know, and nothing to do with anything - is it just seems like a huge problem even if they were raised the way they were. And that problem is once they really got a good look at the greater galaxy, wouldn't they get all "Blade Runner" about having such a shortened lifespan? :rak_02: