High number of bugged resource nodes?

Cameirus

Is there any news of a fix for the very high number of bugged resource nodes. They appear on the map, and in game, but you cant click them.

Its NOT that someone else has got them, its the same nodes day in day out.

Its especialy true for archaeology, but also the other profs and its very annoying.

Any news from BW that they are actively fixing this?

These nodes are very annoying, I wondering if its because people have used them but not collected the materials out of them I had a couple of times where I used the node but the items didn't get picked up, and anyone in my party could pick them up.

I have this problem alot... find a node on the map and cant collect it and yes it gets annoying after a while...

Maybe we have to consider that BW have launched this game right at the beginning of the festive season, they cant all be working over the holiday period so lets wait and see what happens in the new year.

it would be good though if we had a quick way of reporting which nodes are bugged and which are not... in a helpful way.

Posted on the 22nd, in the patch notes for the public test server:

Hello everyone! With this update, the first of many for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we have addressed several high-priority bugs. We’ve implemented fixes for those players affected by performance issues on Taris and have corrected the problem preventing some pending mission rewards from being accepted. Additionally, the issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear unharvestable has been addressed, and you’ll notice several bug fixes relating to Flashpoint and Operation content. We’re committed providing the best possible MMO experience, and will continue releasing fixes and updates on a regular basis. Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic!

I played WoW at launch (I know, regrettable XP ) and it was the same way for a while, a lot of bugged resource nodes. I suspect it's just a problem with where the item spawned, and it will be corrected in due time. It's possible it's already been fixed but we probably wont see it fixed until the servers are next taken down for maintenance.

I played WoW at launch (I know, regrettable XP ) and it was the same way for a while, a lot of bugged resource nodes. I suspect it's just a problem with where the item spawned, and it will be corrected in due time. It's possible it's already been fixed but we probably wont see it fixed until the servers are next taken down for maintenance.

Agreed. I really hope it gets fixed. The Beta didnt seem to have this problem, and its kinda frustrating!:wea_03:

Semantics; because they 'appear unharvestable' to your character/cursor, you cannot harvest them, even though the game thinks there is a resource node there to be harvested (ie, they are harvestable). When they fix it on the primary servers (they have fixed it, but they are testing the fix on the test servers as they well should), they will both BE harvestable (game will know they are there) and APPEAR harvestable (letting you harvest them).

I understand that this is being caused by players who scan the node but run off before collecting the resources, therby locking the node...

If this was designed this way, this is the worst idea I have ever seen for harvest nodes. There should of been a timer setup to auto reset the node if not looted within X amount of minutes..

Its funny tho, if I kill a droid and dont get to him fast he is gone quickly, yet a node can stay locked to a certain player for days??

Archeology doesnt have a mob alternative and possible some others so they need to fix this soon, so annoying to fight your way to a node to find its busted.

I understand that this is being caused by players who scan the node but run off before collecting the resources, therby locking the node...

I wish this were true as this would be an "exploit" and find a high priority spot on the fix list.

I had the same assumption and tried to replicated it with a friend (not in group) to confirm it.

I could start scan and stop. They could still scan and loot.

If I scanned to completion and walk while loot is still there. They (still not in my group) could loot it.

So it's not a matter of players messing it up. This one lies squarely on the shoulders of Bioware.

I really hope they fix this soon. It makes it VERY difficult to level crew skills when nodes are broken.