space combat missions

LinkOfKokuri

ok, don't know if this is the right place, but first I have to say on the lvl 7 space missions, the destruction of the big ships is extremely satisfying. now all it needs is an boom worthy of the explosion. but still, I don't want to be spoon fed, but, even with the 3 crafted schematics, on most lvl 7 space missions, I can only get around half way, them sith ships are like zap, zap, zap, shields gone, zap zap zap destroyed, mission failure, and even if I use emp, or the jammer, still the cooldown is so long, by the time the next sith appears, im history, I love the challenge of the lvl 7 stuff, but no strategy works, the ship is just too weak to get to the end. idk??? just a little boost in armor, faster missle loading, a little shorter cooldown on emp and jammer???? space missions are my favorite part, but don't make it too easy, but survivable. yaaaaa. awesome job on making those big ships explode like that, again, very satisfying. (but no KaaaaaaaaBooooooooooooooooooooom echoing throught he atmosphere.)

This subforum is for Galactic Starfighter, no the pve space combat missions =[

Even though OP took a pretty drastic wrong turn in some intersection or another, this thread could still be a thing.

Since EA only ever invests 10 mils in 4 min daddy isssue CGI as opposed to GSF, we'll never see actual legit PVE content and such. I bet nobody thinks this is in the cards at all.

However, I think it'd be very good for GSF, and perhaps even within realm of possibility, if they introduced a couple of actual campaigns with actual storyline and missions for you to do during the pvp matches. Bit of an actual storyline with talking heads and all to provide a setting for " win 7 missions". Maybe something more exotic too. Like "We need your elite bombing skills, pilot! ( Earn 300 objective points as a bomber in Sat Def) or " You must deny the enemy an access to their supply lines, Pilot!" (= gather 6 power ups in a DM) etc etc. These missions could then replace the current daily system; Could have couple of missions in daily rotation,one or two resetting weekly, and some big, long epic battle mission resetting monthly. Of course, all this would be just fluff but it'd make GSF appear bit cooler for pilots and would-be-pilots.

If they provided large enough wealth of simple yet exciting stuff similar to above, they could get away with claiming Pilot is a new character class!;p

I've never played Titanfall but my understanding is this is not too unlike how they've merged storyline and pure pvp content.

Edited by GalacticStarfigh

Bioware storytelling + [insert AI here] + starfighter game = win.

It would have to be a whole new game, though.

As for the space missions, they're scripted and predictable. Once you know the missions, you can fly them in your sleep. As for surviving, a slowish W - A - S - D - repeat walk will help you avoid most gunfire, and you should be on power to shields when you aren't trying to kill something.

Edited by ALaggyGrunt