The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tulak Hord vs...

Strive-US

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite character is better than your favorite character.

If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

My favorite character's power level is bigger than you favorite character's power level.

This guy on ComicVine said that I'm right. Here's my source.

Edited by Rodyn

Windu technically defeated Sidious, so I think he'd beat Tulak. And Vader pre or post Mustafar would beat him too, but I just I think Vader is awesome.

Windu beat Sidious in saber combat, but would have lost eventually to his force lightning. Sidious held back because he was manipulating Anakin. As for Tulak Hord he would probably lose to both Vader and Windu, not so sure about Anakin.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

BioWares pet versus Lucas' pets...

If the stuff about Tulak Hord is true - and Khem Val is rigorously truthful otherwise- he's on a different level than anyone we've seen on screen except maybe Sidious. He literally solo'd Force-using armies.

• 1 year later...

When it comes down to showdowns like these we must focus on one thing, FEATS. And before u hear me out know that i belive many bioware siths are made ridicoulusly powerful.

So what's mace windus biggest feat? Going even vs RoTS palpatine.

And what is RoTS palpatines biggest feat? Probably hurling 3 big senate chairs against yoda and masking himself from the jedi council. So mace windus biggest feat is going even vs a very strong force user for that time.

Now, Tulak Hord lived 4000 years earlier during a time where power where on another level.

His biggest feat is breaking a siege guarded by armies of jedis alone wich i would call way more impressive than going even vs RoTS palpatine. Now if mace would have gone even vs EU palpatine this would have been an interley different display of power.

When it comes down to showdowns like these we must focus on one thing, FEATS. And before u hear me out know that i belive many bioware siths are made ridicoulusly powerful.

So what's mace windus biggest feat? Going even vs RoTS palpatine.

And what is RoTS palpatines biggest feat? Probably hurling 3 big senate chairs against yoda and masking himself from the jedi council. So mace windus biggest feat is going even vs a very strong force user for that time.

Now, Tulak Hord lived 4000 years earlier during a time where power where on another level.

His biggest feat is breaking a siege guarded by armies of jedis alone wich i would call way more impressive than going even vs RoTS palpatine. Now if mace would have gone even vs EU palpatine this would have been an interley different display of power.

What's with the necroing lately? How are you people even finding these threads? Anyway...

What most people that usually support the Old Republic era in these match-ups don't realize is that there's a huge power level gap between them and the era we see in the films. The average Jedi is much stronger than the average Jedi or Sith in TOR and the rule of two crafted the strongest Sith in the galaxy(Sidious) and the greatest Jedi killer(Vader). There's no such thing as "strong for that time" it's more like when comparing Windu, Sidious, Vader, Obi, Yoda etc and anyone else in that time period and onward, these are the greatest in their respective fields of all time. Arts only get better with time. Windu going "even" with Sidious is a massive feat in of itself. And if you're going to take into account an EU character, you can't just disregard EU Sidious. It'd be more apt to consider all the lore. In which case, Sidious biggest feat in just ROTS alone is winning against the strongest Jedi(Yoda) in the galaxy of all time, not at the time. And Windu's in just ROTS alone would be holding out against the strongest Sith of all time. None of these being their biggest feats, but already eclipsing anything done in The Old Republic era.

In no way am I saying an average Jedi Knight could stomp out Revan, Malgus, Vitiate, Satele or anything like that. You'd have too compare them by tiers. Yoda vs Satele would almost certainly go in the way of Yoda. Sidious vs Vitiate would almost certainly go in the way of Sidious.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

What most people that usually support the Old Republic era in these match-ups don't realize is that there's a huge power level gap between them and the era we see in the films. The average Jedi is much stronger than the average Jedi or Sith in TOR

They they are not, as far as Jedi are concerned.

When it comes to the Sith, there are no average Sith in the Rule of Two, so the statement is moot.

Edited by Kaedusz

They they are not, as far as Jedi are concerned.

When it comes to the Sith, there are no average Sith in the Rule of Two, so the statement is moot.

They are, considering the PT era Jedi Order is dubbed the Golden Age of the Jedi, their highest and strongest point in their history until NJO comes around. And it's easy to see why, considering this order pumped out some of the greatest Jedi of all time IE: Mace, Yoda, Obi, Shaak Ti etc. I never said there were average Sith in Ro2.

Mace may have beat Palpatine but itd be close between Tulak and him... Vader would probably win though:D

Mace didn't technically beat him, as we all know, Palps was holding back so he can throw at the exact moment that Anakin walks in. But the fight is unique in that Mace was one of the few Jedi that could tangle with Sidious due to his Vaapad. He was able to harness the darkness within Sidious, fueling and powering himself all the while redirecting it back at him. Windu essentially tapped into Sidious' limitless supply of the dark side in order to continue fighting. Windu would be able to do much the same with pretty much any other Sith, and most likely win due to it. That's why he's a good combatant specifically against Sith.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle