Anyone here play on Shadowlands?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post on the GSF forums, but recently got back into starfighter. also play on Shadowlands as Xmar and just joined the reconnaissance wing guild. look forward to flying with you all again soon. any pointers you guys can give would be much appreciated. usually play gunship and bomber Edited by rjohns

First post on the GSF forums, but recently got back into starfighter. also play on Shadowlands as Xmar and just joined the reconnaissance wing guild. look forward to flying with you all again soon. any pointers you guys can give would be much appreciated. usually play gunship and bomber

Hey Xmar - it's funny, I've only played a few dozen games on SL (yet here I am posting all over the "anyone play on shadowlands?" thread, lol) - but I know your name...I feel like you've been in a whole bunch of those matches, I think usually bombing. I can't give you any bomber pointers, but I might be able to give you a GS tip or two. See you out there.

First post on the GSF forums, but recently got back into starfighter. also play on Shadowlands as Xmar and just joined the reconnaissance wing guild. look forward to flying with you all again soon. any pointers you guys can give would be much appreciated. usually play gunship and bomber

I've never flown with you before shadowlands, but I know your bomber was crucial to us winning several matches, so how ever you flew it good job :). Welcome back to GSF--the best portion of swtor.

nice games on shadowlands this morning

There have been a whole lot of great games on shadowlands lately. To visiting players, check out the server at around 9PM EDT for the fun, competitive games. Be sure to find out if anyone is group queing before you go solo, as it can be very tough to go alone.

I also posted this to get the troll thread away from the top of this forum

There have been a whole lot of great games on shadowlands lately. To visiting players, check out the server at around 9PM EDT for the fun, competitive games. Be sure to find out if anyone is group queing before you go solo, as it can be very tough to go alone.

I also posted this to get the troll thread away from the top of this forum

lol, sorry, I just bumped that one. :o

haven't had a chance to play much on SL this week (nor will I next) but I did get a few matches in. several with Xmar. definitely some good ones in there...I think we had a 1000-964 dom, another close one we lost, and some pretty competitive TDMs. also saw some lunatic ranting in impside /gsf about premades killing the game; I didn't know the guy but some of the SL regulars seemed familiar with him. Xi'ao & Ga'ara were in that conversation, along with some other names I recognized (Reghas I think?). anyway, that guy seemed a little nutty, to put it mildly.

Edited by MaximilianPower

I play exclusively on Shadowlands Azryael is my Pub Side and Zytesh is my Imp (Zytesh is definitely significantly weaker in the ship department though). A lot of good players there and more than one of them has made me question if I should re-queue on some nights, but its a lot of fun. Even when you aren't doing well it can be a good time just to see if you can get some small victories. Oh and Xiao is a beast.

I'm making myself fairly decent at gunship now, and a couple of my friends from TDR who come from POT5 have started queueing as well. I'm in /gsf most of the time on impside, kanzibreeze, tho I haven't been on as much as of late.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry desponn, was afk when you swapped over. Good dom matches tonight, some teammates notwithstanding :)

There was just an epidemic of 'Satellite Aversion,' that curious affliction where a mental block prevents players from flying anywhere near a satellite that's under attack. The FDA has yet to approve a treatment for Satellite Aversion, which has led to widespread outbreaks.

It was good to see both sides putting up wins in closely fought matches!

Despon

There was just an epidemic of 'Satellite Aversion,' that curious affliction where a mental block prevents players from flying anywhere near a satellite that's under attack. The FDA has yet to approve a treatment for Satellite Aversion, which has led to widespread outbreaks.

Meanwhile, my scout was tethered to C instead of hunting gunships near the end of that last match. I did end up taking the risk of leaving it unguarded when I was left no choice, but it was too late.

New rule: nobody is allowed to complain about gunships if they aren't letting me hunt them down. (Corollary: nobody is allowed to complain about gunships if I'm tearing them apart. They are, however, allowed to complain about gunship debris scratching up their Cartel paint job.)