The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make All Cartel Market Packs Available on the Cartel Market

I've been reading these forums for a long time and the one repeat thing I see is that people are looking for items from older packs that are no longer available. In stead of making them a limited time offer, make ALL packs available on the Cartel Market screen.

Yeah I know it would be a lot of pages but it would be a increase in money for BW. People would get the cartel coins to try to get gear from older packs, it would increase the amount of those items on the GTN which would reduce some of the high priced items and it would help increase your player base since they can more easily get gear they want.

Just a suggestion but it can be done and sell only one pack at a time for like 350 cartel coins and only do Hyper crates for like the top 3 newest packs. After that remove the Hyper crate for the 3rd one when a new pack is added.

I know there are mounts and gear that are out there that people would want to collect.

To an extent I would like to agree with this but why bother playing a game where everyone has the same exact stuff every day, and nothing new to show off that someone else does not have. It would just seem kind of pointless to keep playing again right?

To an extent I would like to agree with this but why bother playing a game where everyone has the same exact stuff every day, and nothing new to show off that someone else does not have. It would just seem kind of pointless to keep playing again right?

I can see your point on that.

My Revan's suit, Volatile Conqueror Saberstaff and Aratech Blur agree with you heartily.

Wait, are you asking why people should play a game if they cannot show off their stuffz? Is that what playing is about?

I absolutely do NOT care about showing off anything. That's not why I play. Not at all.

Even worse: You even think playing this game is pointless if you cannot show off your new shiny stuffz? I am baffled.

I've been reading these forums for a long time and the one repeat thing I see is that people are looking for items from older packs that are no longer available. In stead of making them a limited time offer, make ALL packs available on the Cartel Market screen.

Yeah I know it would be a lot of pages but it would be a increase in money for BW. People would get the cartel coins to try to get gear from older packs, it would increase the amount of those items on the GTN which would reduce some of the high priced items and it would help increase your player base since they can more easily get gear they want.

Just a suggestion but it can be done and sell only one pack at a time for like 350 cartel coins and only do Hyper crates for like the top 3 newest packs. After that remove the Hyper crate for the 3rd one when a new pack is added.

I know there are mounts and gear that are out there that people would want to collect.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. There is also the fact that there are reputation vendors (mostly in the Cartel Bazaar) that require X amount of reputation that can only be gained from certificates found only in certain old Cartel Packs that have been discontinued. While some of these items can be bought on the GTN (at outrageous prices) a number of them are not available anywhere at any price except at those reputation vendors. From a business & financial perspective Bioware is missing out on revenue that could be had because of this. Something like what's suggested above is done on virtually all "stores" found on business websites. Plus there's no real business or financial reason to discontinue the old cartel packs since there is no physical product to run out of or manufacture.

Edited by Xeromem

Wait, are you asking why people should play a game if they cannot show off their stuffz? Is that what playing is about?

I absolutely do NOT care about showing off anything. That's not why I play. Not at all.

Even worse: You even think playing this game is pointless if you cannot show off your new shiny stuffz? I am baffled.

Why do you play it then?

Well, it would help drive down costs for Unlocks on the GTN.

Man do I feel bad for f2p and Preferred as Unlocks that were sold for cheap at f2p launch are now priced in the millions and no one ever buys said unlocks.

Well, it would help drive down costs for Unlocks on the GTN.

Man do I feel bad for f2p and Preferred as Unlocks that were sold for cheap at f2p launch are now priced in the millions and no one ever buys said unlocks.

Cause they stopped the CCfers from farming the CM