Getting "invalid names" using same names that were valid previously.

Shirvington

I've had a toon on one server for a while now. I tried to roll a toon on another server with the exact same name since the price of transfers went down, and the character creator gives me the error "invalid name." NOT "That name is already in use."

I tried adding the name to friend's lists on both factions, just to cover all bases, and the "name does not exist" on either faction, meaning, it is not taken.

As a point of note, the name has two apostrophes in it, no other special characters. It's not an offensive or reportable name. I can't make that name on any server I've tried. I can provide the name to BW if they'd like if it helps sort the problem out.

I've tried rolling other toons whose names have one apostrophe or none, and had no problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, getting the same thing today. I moved a character from Shadowlands to The Ebon Hawk who I wanted to restart (moved him yesterday).

Today, I try to recreate him on Shadowlands, and the name is invalid. The name includes one apostrophe (3 letters, apostrophe, 2 letters).

I tried changing a letter to see what happened, same thing, invalid. It has to be an apostrophe issue.

Edit: Also submitted a ticket in game, for all the good that ever seems to do.

Edit2: Got a response to the ticket (I included the name in question there) saying it appears to be a bug that will need to be patched.

Edited by Caulderone