Why is Darth Maul so terrible?

Strive-US

Maul is far from terrible. He is Master duelist and martial artist who is very durable and athletic. I would say his force powers are probably just above average, but his fighting style is very efficient and practical. Maul is built for battle.

Oh please... he is not a ''master'' duelist.

Every force user is ''far from terrible''. Every force user is durable and athletic. As for the rest , same as almost every other force user in existence. Especially warrior/guardian types.

The point is is he terrible compared to Sith Lords of relevance. And that is what matters.

If he was alive in swtor's era he would be just a random sith that either died or survived the academy and went on to become a random aprentice of a random sith lord. Maybe somewhat above average and that's pushing it.

Edited by Kaedusz

Every force user is ''far from terrible''. Every force user is durable and athletic. As for the rest , same as almost every other force user in existence. Especially warrior/guardian types.

The point is is he terrible compared to Sith Lords of relevance. And that is what matters.

If he was alive in swtor's era he would be just a random sith that either died or survived the academy and went on to become a random aprentice of a random sith lord. Maybe somewhat average and that's pushing it.

Is there any PT or OT era Sith/Jedi that you don't **** on?

If he was alive in swtor's era he would be just a random sith that either died or survived the academy and went on to become a random aprentice of a random sith lord. Maybe somewhat above average and that's pushing it.

He killed Quigon Jinn and survived being cut in half....

That's really not good enough for you?

Apparently not, oh and by the by folks, Maul was pretty much handling Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together no problem. He led them to a location which benefited him, he was never on the backfoot.

His defeat by Obi-Wan was mere him playing around and not just ending it right then and there. He hardly lost due to being terrible when he whooped both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Survived being cut in half. Survived the fall. Stayed alive for however long it was for Savage to retrieve him. Oh, and in Sons of Dathomir comic was pushing Dooku back easily.

I think he'd have been a candidate for the Emperor's Wrath had he been alive during the time of this game. ;)

Edited by Rhyltran

Good enough for what exactly? I don't see how these things are a counter point to what i said.

I think he'd have been a candidate for the Emperor's Wrath had he been alive during the time of this game. ;)

Nah he is one idea more powerful than the guys that crash landed inside the Jedi Temple in the trailer. Lord Draahg at the most.

Edited by Kaedusz

Nah he is more like one of the guys that crash landed in the Jedi Temple in the trailer.

Good enough for what exactly? I don't see how these things are a counter point to what i said.

Dooku is one of the best swordsman in the entire history of the Jedi order. Maul was able to have an edge over him and Dooku required Sidious' help. Those other Sith have died from cuts. Maul survived being cut in half, falling down a massive hold, and then survived while in half feeding on the dark side alone for years before being found. Savage Oppress, without training, cut down a Jedi Master and his padawan. Challenging Maul he lost in two seconds flat without Maul even needing to use a Lightsaber.

So unless Dooku is "Draahg" level..

No. I am not saying Maul can beat Revan. I wouldn't make that argument. Nor am I claiming that he can beat the Emperor. That's laughable as well but Maul is being severely underestimated here. In the prequel era he stomps most Jedi Masters with ease and can take on the likes of Dooku. He'd easily be a Darth in tor and would have a good chance at making it on the council.

Edited by Rhyltran

This issue is interwoven with how powerful were some of the Jedi or Jedi Masters in the movies era + Dooku,which is another topic as well as putting too much significance in surviving being cut in half.

Also what you quoted i edited, he is not THAT weak.

About the having a chance of making it to the Council,depending on circumstance, sphere of influence and previous head of a sphere, yes. But that would have to involve a totally different education and training compared to what he actually had in his era and circumstance.

Edited by Kaedusz

This issue is interwoven with how powerful were some of the Jedi or Jedi Masters in the movies era + Dooku,which is another topic as well as putting too much significance in surviving being cut in half.

Also what you quoted i edited, he is not THAT weak.

Alright, I concede that. Honestly Draahg had some impressive feats and survived quite a bit. Not to mention he was capable of giving Darth's a good run and if the wrath wasn't around may have been chosen as "Wrath" himself.

First he gets defeated single-handedly by a Padawan Obi-Wan and then, even when he's fighting 2v1, he still loses.

btw obi wan at that point isnt a padawan anymore . qui gon was about to have him promoted. its not like hes esra bridge noobish,

Too bad they canceled the Darth maul video game.. if ur curious google it . thers video footage of the game

Edited by Foreignobjects