The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fraps makes my pictures dark

Strive-US

I'm trying to take some screenshots with Fraps, but they always come out dark.

Has anyone ever encountered this and know what the fix is?

I haven't had this issue with Fraps. What file format are the pics being saved as? I like to use PNG. What program are you using to view the pics? Try viewing the pics with different software and see if that changes things.

I wonder why you would even use Fraps to take screenshots when you can just press the print screen button on your keyboard in order to take a screenshot...

The screenshot is then saved directly to your documents in the SWTOR folder.

You can also press I think it was alt+z to hide the ui (user interface) in order to take better looking pictures.

Edited by Megas-Man

• 3 weeks later...

Having dealt with FRAPS for years now, this is something I've never heard.

I've heard of the movies being a bit dark, but checking the "enable lossless RGB" option takes care of that.

One thing struck me though, could it be that your monitor is set to very dark, and you're using alot of brightness in the game?

That might be it.

I'm trying to take some screenshots with Fraps, but they always come out dark.

Has anyone ever encountered this and know what the fix is?

Why don't you use shadowplay or gaming evolved feature (depending on your graphics card brand) to take screenshots or even to record a gameplay. BTW fraps uses huge amount of system resources to work and with SP or GE you won't even notice your gameplay being recorded. Regards.