The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats/Round 1C: Selenial vs Karadron

Aurbere

How many times can I vote?

Just once.

On that note, if you haven't voted, I'd suggest doing so now. I'm going to re-read the thread and work on the decision, since Beni wants it called NAO. That goes for all of you. :jawa_mad:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'K folks. Decision time, since Beni requested I call it now.

Lightsaber Abilities

I believe that Selenial came out ahead on this one.

Karadron, while you did show that Nox and Sion are skilled in lightsaber combat to some degree, you yourself conceded that your Force users are not as good of duelists overall as Sel's team. So it should be obvious from that that Sel comes out on top here.

Force Abilities

Again, I think Selenial came out on top here.

Sel, you did a very good job showing your team's strength in the Force despite the era being a relative unknown here. In general, you showed that Krayt has surpassed Traya and Nox in combative applications of the Force, as well as his ability to defend himself from Nox's primary attack- Force Lightning.

Also, Karadron, you did very well arguing for your team's superiority in this regard. But you dismissed the arguments for Legacy era powerscaling out of hand, despite very valid evidence to support it. And that is why I decided to give Sel the edge here.

Teamwork & Tactics

I decided to give a very small edge to Sel here.

While both teams have loyalty and trust issues, both of you made solid arguments for why the weak links wouldn't go traitor, and I generally agree. Sion and Wyyrlok won't work well with their masters, but they lack the means and opportunity to kill their masters in a combat such as this. They'll almost always be occupied with an opponent. So I don't really see any of them turning on anyone, especially since they'll need their team to survive.

The reason I gave Sel the edge here is because she argued her team's teamwork much better, specifically on the note of Talon. While Talon's loyalty and desire to save Krayt if need be could be her downfall, it's still much better than what any of Karadron's team would do for their team members.

So, point to Sel.

Handling the Environment

Karadron gets the edge here.

Selenial seemed to pay very little attention to the environment at all, whereas Karadron put heavy emphasis on his team's use of it for a variety of means. Obvious point to Karadron.

Miscellaneous

The only real standout factor for me in this was the nature of the fight itself, being a 4v3 and the nature of 2v1 fights. In that regard, Selenial got the edge for me.

She adequately showed that a 2v1 doesn't always mean that the pair has the advantage. Additionally, she showed that any pairing outside of Traya and Nox is doomed to fail against Krayt, and that no single member of Karadron's team can handle Krayt alone for any lengthy period of time. Essentially, any 2v1 not involving Krayt, Traya, and Nox would not end well for Karadron's team. So that's why I gave Sel the point here.

Verdict

In case it wasn't obvious based on the above edges, Selenial came out with the win here. Overall, she simply debated her team better and crafted better arguments. Karadron, you did well and made some solid arguments, but Sel simply proved you wrong a quite a few important points.

Overall, Sel played the game better, and that is why Team Selenial is the victor.

Thoughts and Advice

While both sides could have presented arguments in a better manner, I think it was a well-fought debate overall. Regarding any advice I could give, I would mostly turn my attention to you, Karadron. I would suggest you source your arguments more and learn more about your opponent's team next time around. On the first part, your arguments benefit from quotes and scans so you can show the abilities of your team members. It's better to show proof of your claims, rather than expecting everyone to believe it.

On the second part, Sel was right in that you showed a lack of knowledge of Legacy era in general. For the future, look into the characters and events surrounding them so you can better argue the limits of those characters.

For Selenial, you don't really need much advice, but I would pay more attention to your diction as well as watch for logical fallacies. I tell you to avoid that, but you're too feisty when you debate :p

Finally, Karadron, I would drop Sion. Selenial and I both agree that he isn't worth the cost. You would be better served with a character like Darth Zannah or Lumiya.

So there ya go.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: Team Selenial

Team Selenial will proceed to the Quarter-Finals, Team Karadron to the Runner's Up Bracket.

Well done to all and good luck for the future rounds!

You ready for our match? It's going to be posted within a day or two.

Am ready been working on Arguments and research since it was revealed we will be facing off.The real question is are you ready Sel has shown it can be difficult to juggle a Match and arbit one at the same time.Do you believe you can handle it and still lose to me :p.

Am ready been working on Arguments and research since it was revealed we will be facing off.The real question is are you ready Sel has shown it can be difficult to juggle a Match and arbit one at the same time.Do you believe you can handle it and still lose to me :p.

I laughed way too hard about this.

Oh, don't worry about me. I'm fully prepared for this.

Oh, don't worry about me. I'm fully prepared for this.

I wouldn't underestimate Jarons, Aurbere.

While yes, his punctuation is iffy, he does tend to make some great points when debates come up. During Conquest for example, he made some really good points in some of his battles which ultimately allowed him to pull out multiple victories. Now, I am not saying it won't be a good match, it most definitely will be...

But what have we said about

people Aurbere? :rolleyes: Edited by Silenceo

While yes, his punctuation is iffy, he does tend to make some great points when debates come up. During Conquest for example, he made some really good points in some of his battles which ultimately allowed him to pull out multiple victories. Now, I am not saying it won't be a good match, it most definitely will be...

people Aurbere? :rolleyes:

We'll see. I expect good things.

people Aurbere? :rolleyes:

Hey am working on the Punctuations their getting better with every post but thanks for the voice of confidence Sil.

Very well then. Since you're confident, I'll allow you the first post. We'll have a go of it on your terms.

Well thank you I look forward to our Duel.Good luck Aurbere and good luck to all my Fellow Duelist.

Grats Sel.

Looking at all the teams this was the one I wanted to face the least. Not because of lack of knowledge but because of how good they actually are, mostly intimidated by Krayt though.

I did learn a lot, about all the characters involved so that's a plus. :D