Platinum pack gave me pants

NUTMANIAC

Ok so I just got a mid rim explorer hypercrate and when I opened the platinum pack I got Hunt master greaves which I already got from a normal pack before I even got the hypercrate. Ok I know it's all luck but isn't the platinum pack supposed to give at least slightly better stuff Edited by NUTMANIAC

Ok so I just got a mid rim explorer hypercrate and when I opened the platinum pack I got Hunt master greaves which I already got from a normal pack before I even got the hypercrate. Ok I know it's all luck but isn't the platinum pack supposed to give at least slightly better stuff

No, it's supposed to give you one of the super rare items... it doesn't matter if you've already gotten that item or not. And it doesn't pick only the "juicy" parts like helmets or chests... it's just a random super-rare item.

Even if that "super rare" item are Rugged infantry bracers which seem to have been so "super rare" that there's 5 pages on the GTN of them constantly and they go for only about 5k. Yes. Super rare. It's a gamble and that means even on the highest possible stakes, you can lose. Twice the same way, if you're as lucky as I am. Platinum packs. Sure. Still a gamble.

Even if that "super rare" item are Rugged infantry bracers which seem to have been so "super rare" that there's 5 pages on the GTN of them constantly and they go for only about 5k. Yes. Super rare. It's a gamble and that means even on the highest possible stakes, you can lose. Twice the same way, if you're as lucky as I am. Platinum packs. Sure. Still a gamble.

So if everyone rolled up the same super rare when opening the packs, how many do you think would wind up on the GTN if no one liked the piece?

Looking at the GTN is a horrible way to determine rarity, because it tells you nothing about how many people opened packs. If 40000 packs were opened on your server, that 5 pages of GTN listings only represents 1% of the packs opened. If you think 40k packs is a lot, it's not, it might work out to less than 10 packs per account if you are talking about one of the more populated servers. Heck even on Jung Ma, that's only 5 hypercrates worth per active player that's on during prime time, 7-10pm EST, on Pub side. Even that isn't all that large an amount despite the extreme population limit I imposed.

So if everyone rolled up the same super rare when opening the packs, how many do you think would wind up on the GTN if no one liked the piece?

Looking at the GTN is a horrible way to determine rarity, because it tells you nothing about how many people opened packs. If 40000 packs were opened on your server, that 5 pages of GTN listings only represents 1% of the packs opened. If you think 40k packs is a lot, it's not, it might work out to less than 10 packs per account if you are talking about one of the more populated servers. Heck even on Jung Ma, that's only 5 hypercrates worth per active player that's on during prime time, 7-10pm EST, on Pub side. Even that isn't all that large an amount despite the extreme population limit I imposed.

Don't get so worked up. As I said, it's a gamble. :p Just because I mentioned I was unlucky doesn't mean I'm complaining. I'm just saying that sometimes, even with excellent odds, you can get an item that isn't worth anything (and by worth, I mean an item that doesn't sell for a lot of credits - which it would if it were actually that rare, since people would be buying them to complete their collection sets).

I got bracers. It's a free super rare and it's a roll of the dice. I can't see why people are getting upset because the platinum pack didn't have to be included. Be happy for the extra free piece you got.

Pretty much. Just gotta keep those expectations tempered. You'll probably never get a Rancor or whatever is the sweet, expensive mount of that particular shipment out of it.

Except for some crappy war hero crystal (in the previous platinum pack) I received items that were worth a couple 100k on the GTN. (A Revanite Tent and the Primeval Stalker chest armor)

Edited by Callaron