SUPER conspiracy theory!

SithAceI

I doubt that the leader of the new Empire is anything that would be attached to a game or a novel because frankly out of the millions who see this movie a small faction have played the game. It would the equivalent to the scene in Guardians of the Galaxy except with movie goer participation

I can see it now

We see the shrouded figure as he's confronted by Luke Skywalker or whoever. He turns around Cackling as he hits Luke with a bolt of Force Lighting or a carton of milk. Luke screams in pain and shouts out "Who are you"

The evil leader slowly lowers his hood for the big reveal, the movie audience stops breathing in excitement as a handsome bearded face is revealed all menacing like. He replies with an ancient voice deep and evil

"It is I VALKORION"

The audience pauses in confusion, and Luke looks confused and the guy from guardians of the galaxy with the head implants walks into the scene and says

"Who?"

The audience members look at each other and mutter "Who?"

Valkorion smiles uncomfortably and then says

"Come on man, Valkorion, or you might know me by other name . . . . The Immortal Emperor"

The audience groans, 90% of them have no clue who this is, the rest of the film is filled with flashback history and the credits roll"

If they are going to roll in a big reveal like that its going to be someone that they can link to fairly well known Canon or to the previous movies so that audience members that aren't immersed in Canon don't have to go through a long painful introduction.

Personally I think the ancient leader is Dark Helmet from Spaceballs

Edited by captaincr

I doubt that the leader of the new Empire is anything that would be attached to a game or a novel because frankly out of the millions who see this movie a small faction have played the game. It would the equivalent to the scene in Guardians of the Galaxy except with movie goer participation

I can see it now

We see the shrouded figure as he's confronted by Luke Skywalker or whoever. He turns around Cackling as he hits Luke with a bolt of Force Lighting or a carton of milk. Luke screams in pain and shouts out "Who are you"

The evil leader slowly lowers his hood for the big reveal, the movie audience stops breathing in excitement as a handsome bearded face is revealed all menacing like. He replies with an ancient voice deep and evil

"It is I VALKORION"

The audience pauses in confusion, and Luke looks confused and the guy from guardians of the galaxy with the head implants walks into the scene and says

"Who?"

The audience members look at each other and mutter "Who?"

Valkorion smiles uncomfortably and then says

"Come on man, Valkorion, or you might know me by other name . . . . The Immortal Emperor"

The audience groans, 90% of them have no clue who this is, the rest of the film is filled with flashback history and the credits roll"

If they are going to roll in a big reveal like that its going to be someone that they can link to fairly well known Canon or to the previous movies so that audience members that aren't immersed in Canon don't have to go through a long painful introduction.

Personally I think the ancient leader is Dark Helmet from Spaceballs

Vitiate is dark helmet from spaceballs.

*drops mic*

If Revan story and Vitiate aren't 'overboard', I don't know what is. :p

Introducing characters from other franchises is overboard. Time travel is overboard. Revealing Zakuul to be Earth (as some have theorized) is overboard. Revan and Vitiate story is nowhere near any of these. Good thing Yuuzhan Vong is no longer canon.

We got woken up in the near future - that could have just as easily been "3000 years later" instead of "5 years later". Missed opportunity if they wanted to join the movie timeline but I don't think they would if they could.