The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give Crafters Rare, Super Rare & Ultra Rare Schematics In Cartel Packs

zafrina

Cartel armor, weapons, dyes, vehicles, color crystals etc are unique and something that crafters can't really compete with. My idea is that you give us ways to make unique items that are on par with cartel armor, weapons etc by creating rare, super rare and ultra rare schematics and putting them in cartel packs. Crafters would have the opportunity and fun of crafting something truly unique, it would reinvigorate interest in crafting (which frankly needs to be done) and it would also reinvigorate the GTN market.

It's not really balanced to give all of us the ability to craft and make us work hard to max those crew skills out, while making the best and most exciting looking items only available by buying packs. Give crafters something fun to do please! :)

Actually it would be the same as it is now with some items costing more due to rarity and some being less due to being more common, but at least crafters would have something on par with other Cartel items to craft.

It would be more about getting better schematics that can be CRAFTED. Letting crafters make things that can compete with Cartel Market items. You have to take into account that Bioware isn't going to give up making real world money by letting crafters compete with them without having to pay for it. It's simply not going to happen, so at least they could give crafters really fun, unique items to craft in the cartel packs. It's the only way they would do it, if they could make money.

Then see them being 10mil+ in prices on the GTN......yeah, that won't make things worse....

Yeah, exactly what I thought ...

Isn't crafting - according to those who are most audible here - about nothing but making money ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

It can be about money but if we had better schematics we could also actually enjoy making things. Why have a game where crafting is available if the company is then going to come in with their own items that always look better than anything a crafter can make? If they leveled the playing field crafters would benefit.

Also, you can't oppose something if you have a severe disadvantage. And since Bioware is never going to stop trying to make money, at least if the playing field was level, crafters could compete "in opposition" to the cartel market. And I'm speaking as someone who crafts all categories.

My suggestion isn't a transfer, it's for Bioware to create the same cool armor, dyes, weapons, crystals etc that they've been doing but make some them schematics for crafters to craft so we can make items that can compete and actually use our crew skills instead of only focusing on the one or two things a crafting skill can make that makes money. Obviously we still want to make money but if for example the armor I make is not as cool as cartel armor, then how can I compete? So in that instance I should be able to as an armormech perhaps buy a cartel pack that has a rare schematic for me to craft some really cool armor that, like other cartel items, can't be gotten anywhere else. That makes me competitive with the cartel armor because it's something only a crafter could do. Otherwise what is the point of crafting if what you make is less cool than Bioware's cartel pack items?

I'm more in favour of crafters getting missions to gather items to make super-duper rare items.

For example, crafting the original pink crystal was a fun adventure, and I really hope they do more things like this. I don't want to just "get lucky" with a schematic in pack drop, I want something to do that really makes something super-duper rare worth the effort.

If they do a black/black crystal and made it into a mission like the pink one I'd be ecstatic.

That could be fun as well but there's no way they're going to put that much effort into the number of items I'd like to see available to crafters. I'd like to see way more armor, dyes, weapons, crystals, vehicles that look really cool and I don't see Bioware writing quests for the mount of content I think crafters deserve. If they were willing to that would be great though.

I'm more in favour of crafters getting missions to gather items to make super-duper rare items.

For example, crafting the original pink crystal was a fun adventure, and I really hope they do more things like this. I don't want to just "get lucky" with a schematic in pack drop, I want something to do that really makes something super-duper rare worth the effort.

If they do a black/black crystal and made it into a mission like the pink one I'd be ecstatic.

Cartel armor, weapons, dyes, vehicles, color crystals etc are unique and something that crafters can't really compete with. My idea is that you give us ways to make unique items that are on par with cartel armor, weapons etc by creating rare, super rare and ultra rare schematics and putting them in cartel packs. Crafters would have the opportunity and fun of crafting something truly unique, it would reinvigorate interest in crafting (which frankly needs to be done) and it would also reinvigorate the GTN market.

It's not really balanced to give all of us the ability to craft and make us work hard to max those crew skills out, while making the best and most exciting looking items only available by buying packs. Give crafters something fun to do please! :)

I rather have them just give crafters the schematics to old tier PvE and PvP gear, instead of just removing them entirely from the game when the level cap is increased..

Some schematics that would be nice...

Elegant top without the flaps on the waist!

Ambitious Jedi Chest but only one or two colors with and without the flaps at the waist.

Leggings like Concealed Bodysuit (shiney) but matching other sets.

I like this idea...but make them all cheap and easy to obtain so they don't get out of hand on pricing!