Sith Assassin Hatred or Deception?

straightboss

Hey guys,

I just started playing again after being away for about a year. I have started leveling my sith assassin from lvl 17 and I am currently lvl 39. I currently am playing as deception and I love the way it plays. I just wanted to get your opinion on what the best dps specialization is for leveling and then for max lvl pve. I don't really plan on doing much pvp and would love to get into ops. Either way, I just need some rotation help and stat help. Basically any tips help.

Thanks!

Deception is viable for operations, but the current tier of content is unfriendly to melee DPS. Personally I feel that the damage Deception puts out isn't worth its squishiness and lack of group utility; PT DPS does so much better at both. The only reason to bring an Assassin/Shadow into an operations is to tank.

Hmm, well the bounty hunter does interest my but i was leaning more towards the merc side. powertech is better?

Both perform well in PvE, assuming you pick the correct Discipline for each fight. For Powertech, that's AP all the time. Mercenary DPS is just okay on Commanders, but pretty fantastic everywhere else.

I still bring my assassin to hm raids though yes, right now deception is really the only "good" spec we have for dps in ops. Hatred was ok before they started nerfing our aoe without buffing our single target. Now they parse so close it's better to just bring deception because even though it parses a bit lower, it has better DR than hatred. But as was stated, AP powertechs are just better right now. Period. They have better DR, better range(for a melee) and can dps higher. So while deception is viable for all current content, it's easier to do with an AP powertech.

I still bring my assassin to hm raids though yes, right now deception is really the only "good" spec we have for dps in ops. Hatred was ok before they started nerfing our aoe without buffing our single target. Now they parse so close it's better to just bring deception because even though it parses a bit lower, it has better DR than hatred. But as was stated, AP powertechs are just better right now. Period. They have better DR, better range(for a melee) and can dps higher. So while deception is viable for all current content, it's easier to do with an AP powertech.

They don't have better DR. Deception Assassin has better DR than they do.

Yes but, ap powertechs are boring and deception is cool :D