Sergeant Jaxo - Why you hate, Bioware? :(

HellbirdIV

my trooper is female. I got no romance option for dorne or jaxo. Nothing. Though they kept trying tp force the nar shadah SIS agent on me/// and the cat man on my ship has an alarming number of flirt options; which i did not bother with.

btw i like dorne's personality. There is a certain amount of vulnerability there and loyalty. You just have to read past her words.

Yeah. This is owing to a lack of any same-sex options for romance whatsoever. Female troopers only have Aric, males have Dorne (and can have a fling with Jaxo).

You know, I have no idea if the SIS agent is the Jaxo equivalent for female troopers...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I personally did not like sacrificing Jaxo. I don't really get the whole thing to be honest, who wants to be sad playing a star wars game? Not a big fan of light side/dark side points either. I mean they could have a waited a few seconds for Jaxo to get into a space suit, or get someplace safe before they vented the level. Don't we have enough sad events in real life? Aren't I supposed to be enjoying this?

I played imperial agent and loved it...I had to make lots of important decisions. At no time did I feel sad about them.

Just as a heads up the Jaxo letter is being fixed in 1.2 so you actually get the quest. Won't help those of us who are past a certain point and made a certain choice though. Plus guys be careful with the Jaxo spoilers It doesn't affect me as I'm past that point but there are others that aren't Edited by UglyGreenTrog

Greetings everyone,

While we do enjoy seeing healthy debates, this thread has slid into the territory of sexual politics, so we have had to remove several posts. We'd like to remind everyone that our Rules of Conduct state that discussions of a political, sexual, or religious nature are not permitted on these forums. In addition, posts that are vulgar in nature also violate our forums guidelines.

Spoilers Reminder

We ask that story discussions outside of the Spoilers forum be wrapped in spoiler tags. You may do this by putting [noparse]

[/noparse] at the beginning of your text and [noparse]

[/noparse] at the end! Your result will look like this:

this is an example of hidden text with spoiler tags!

We've edited a few posts in this thread to put in spoiler tags. Thanks everyone!

I hope the love letter we get when we go to Hot is fixed....I would like the security code to get into her appartment please.

I almost don't want to get far enough in the story to make the final decision with her though....but Dorne and I are together so far though...hmm wonder what happens if I take Dorne along with me to Jaxo's -1mil affection? :p

But overall, I like Dorne A LOT more than Jaxo...Jaxo is hot, but Dorne's attitude and knowledge of regulations, etc is what I love about her haha...now if only people IRL were like Dorne >_<

Edited by Eillack

Wraith scares me. I don't think gender can be assigned to her, as she's not....pardon my videogame racism, HUMAN enough.

She's heartless.

I like Dorne. She is so uptight and proper, it makes her cute when she stumbles and shows emotion. I laughed out loud when she talked about getting formal papers to allow romantic involvement within the military. Her personality is delightfully quirky.

Just got to this on ptr. You can get into her appartment but you just get told not eligible for conversation. Will try again when I have done a bit more of Hoth. At the moment the quest is still bugged though as far as I can tell. Don't know if I need to do another conversation 1st though.

• 3 months later...
I did get one really amusing memory from our dear little Jaxo. I got the 'R&R' quest back on Corusant, and went to visit her. When the fade to black faded, suddenly 'Level Up, 17' happens. Yes, I managed to level up getting nookie... :D

On my second time visiting Jaxo she told me that some other woman was interested in my trooper after what I did in Quesh. Just wondering if you get to meet this woman at some point of the game? Edited by Skorz

I got the quest to visit her a second time when I finished Quesh, (it gave me a mission item that I used and activated the quest) and I actually had already decided to be romantic with Dorne (who I find infinitely more interesting than Jaxo). So when I visited her I told her that I was in a relationship with Dorne and couldn't be romantic with her any more. I was very impressed that Bioware made these options so emotionally mature, it was refreshing to see this kind of interaction in a video game.

Well done, Bioware

Edited by KottheProtector

I got the quest to visit her a second time when I finished Quesh, (it gave me a mission item that I used and activated the quest) and I actually had already decided to be romantic with Dorne (who I find infinitely more interesting than Jaxo). So when I visited her I told her that I was in a relationship with Dorne and couldn't be romantic with her any more. I was very impressed that Bioware made these options so emotionally mature, it was refreshing to see this kind of interaction in a video game.

Well done, Bioware

I was impressed it by too. I actually have that cutscene in my video (starting from 31:37): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTN35lXJZ-8&feature=player_detailpage#t=1898s

Jaxo was very nice. Dorne on the other hand, i want to mute her comments. I just hate it when she yells- Stop moving! when she is healing. HATE IT! And we are supposed to have a romantic option with her, cmon!

I have the same annoyance with Elara. Plus with me she doesn't even help me. She'll start attacking enemies while I'm dying.

I was impressed it by too. I actually have that cutscene in my video (starting from 31:37): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTN35lXJZ-8&feature=player_detailpage#t=1898s

Wow, sweet! I mean, not that you break Jaxo's heart, but that you get to at least let her know you have someone else, rather than romance Elara while still going with Jaxo. Which would be unrealistic. If you found out your partner was seeing someone else, while still seeing you, would you say, "Oh, okay. So when can I see you again?" It's great that they made it so realistic.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It's less a limitation, and more that no game developer can ever anticipate everything a gamer wants.

That would be true, if this wasn't a Bioware game.

Choices and their consequences have been a staple of Bioware games for years. Even back in KOTOR, doing something like not saving Juhani on Dantooine had an effect later in the game. For them to overlook something so obvious tells me that either (1) they got lazy in SWTOR's development or (2) EA forced them to rush the game out incomplete. The smuggler gets a choice of lady romance options, yet this obvious (to me) option with Jaxo vs Dorne never manifested.

Off topic a bit, this isn't the only missed opportunity I've noticed. In the Knight storyline you meet a "noble" sith Lord Prevan. It seemed to me that by saving him (light side choice), there would be at time I'd have to choose between him and Scourge. It seemed so obvious to me, they are both high ranking Sith Lords yet one redeems and becomes Jedi and other is dark all the way. I expected later in the game I would have to choose between the 2 as a companion and forced to kill the other. Didn't happen.

That would be true, if this wasn't a Bioware game.

Choices and their consequences have been a staple of Bioware games for years. Even back in KOTOR, doing something like not saving Juhani on Dantooine had an effect later in the game. For them to overlook something so obvious tells me that either (1) they got lazy in SWTOR's development or (2) EA forced them to rush the game out incomplete. The smuggler gets a choice of lady romance options, yet this obvious (to me) option with Jaxo vs Dorne never manifested.

I don't get this. Jaxo is not and was never going to be a romance option. She's a friend and a fling (for males). She figures prominently into the story to set the Trooper up for:

a similar choice that the Senate made with Havoc Squad.

Off topic a bit, this isn't the only missed opportunity I've noticed. In the Knight storyline you meet a "noble" sith Lord Prevan. It seemed to me that by saving him (light side choice), there would be at time I'd have to choose between him and Scourge. It seemed so obvious to me, they are both high ranking Sith Lords yet one redeems and becomes Jedi and other is dark all the way. I expected later in the game I would have to choose between the 2 as a companion and forced to kill the other. Didn't happen.

Of course, it didn't happen. Lord Scourge is

The Emperor's Wrath. He's been waiting for the JK to be born for centuries. He and Praven aren't even in the same league, in power or in consequence to the story.

• 10 months later...
Sorry, but Jaxo is just some easy girl... Hopping into the box with every Officer in hope of a promotion... after meeting him 2x in the line of duty..... Think, you were the first?

So, no problem letting her die to save a lot more.

Agreed. Jaxo is a "good times girl." Dorne is wife material.

Although my trooper is only in his mid twenties so perhaps there is more Sgt Jaxo char development to come

• 3 months later...
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

I do like that the letter is still in the game though - it just goes to show how much nicer Jaxo is than Dorne when Jaxo sends you love letters and all Dorne does is get fat eating all your food :(

I'd like to point out that if you take the time to finish the entire romance storyline with Dorne, that gal was bombarding me with love letters and gifts for several days lmao. I think it hasn't continued just because I haven't put much time into that toon since then.

Yeah, Jaxo does show up... and god it took me about two days to recover afterward.

I shall say no more.

Romancing Elara is rewarding if you're into more then just pop locking and dropping if you catch my drift. I'm not saying I'd romance Elara over Jaxo but don't crap on Elara cause you aren't into actual romances. I'd pay good money to have Jaxo as my companion but Elara is a very in depth companion that when you strip down her layers, not a sexual reference, you find a human being just looking to be accepted, minor spoiler alert. So in other words, give the Elara romance some credit cause it is an interesting one, better then Jaesa :p

• 1 month later...

Jaxo is supposed to be interesting and appealing so that...

...you're sad when she dies.

Don't complain about Dorne. Male smugglers have to choose between a self-centered bloodthirsty mob princess and a psychotic bloodthirsty mercenary. I'll take boring over that any day. :)